How much GB content do you actually consume?

• 76 results
Anthenagin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How much GB content do you actually consume? (474 votes)

25% 49%
50% 25%
75% 15%
<90% 12%

Just curious about what peoples watching habits are compared to mine. I had a hard enough time keeping up pre-covid, but now I feel like it's way harder since the crew essentially streams all day. I ain't complaining though, I've just been way more "choosey" with what I watch nowadays.

• 
Morph89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By Morph89

Roughly 15-20%, maybe a little more now with the covid stuff (although I’m working more hours being deemed essential). I’ve actually been giving more of the content a chance as I used to only really watch certain shows (or if Vinny/Jeffy B. was in something) so I guess there’s an upside to all this.

I feel like maybe some of my desire to consume the content had died off as I’ve gotten more serious about my career and spent more time working or getting into different hobbies than gaming. That decrease of free time led to me kind of tuning into a new show and if it didn’t really catch me quickly I wouldn’t watch and probably wouldn’t be Inclined to come back in the future. That all seems to be changing recently and I’m glad my love for this site is rekindling. This site got me through some tough times, as I’m sure it has with everyone, and it’s heartwarming to look back through the ups and downs through the years to see that they are still going strong.

thecondor405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly barely do the podcasts anymore since I'm not commuting, and will occasionally check out a stream of a game I care about, such as Jan's BB playthrough. But I most keep Premium at this point just to support the site!

Ironhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I consume less than 25%, but since that isn't an option in the poll I chose less than 90% which is technically accurate. I think I've watched part of one video since the pandemic started, and I've fallen months behind on the podcasts also. None of the premium content interests me anymore.

I mainly stay a member around here to listen to Vinny talk about games - he's the one I most relate to at this stage in life. I miss Ryan.

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Probably around 5% at this point. Aside from the occasional Jeff playing something old stream, I’m usually just watching the newest BoGB video and I’m good for the next two weeks.

Prior to Dan leaving, and Covid-19, I was probably at about 10% due to listening to the Bombcast and Beastcast, but that’s it.

Truthfully though, I feel like the West coast content has been in a funk since Drew left, and I feel similarly about East coast now with Dan gone.

The Super Mario Bros. Special streams have been fun though. Jeff playing garbage thankfully never gets old.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Covid has really knocked out my motivation to do much of anything, so I'm really behind in watching and then my premium membership lapsed so the video I did want to watch wasn't available, so in conclusion, not much these past few months.

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mostly just watch mass alex and alex's civ streams. Take your vitamin D!

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I view and watch almost everything. I have a second monitor for watching something since I don't usually just play a game by itself so the past several weeks of playing some space crafting games Ive been watching/listening astroneer and other videos on a second monitor.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duno percentage wise, but Lockdown has produced some really enjoyable content that wasn't happening before.

The video podcasts are surprisingly fun to watch in full, the Abby horror game plays are fun, Alex's drumming and driving is fun, the Hotspot stuff is very specific but interesting, and in between there are videos that pop up that I've enjoyed.

Lockdown-wise: maybe 30-40%

Pre Lockdown: probably less, but I'm not into RPGs, fighting games, and I'm now finding it less enjoyable to watch specific retro playthroughs.

secretfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not really into the games they have been streaming lately. But last year I was watching alot, sometimes with stretches of 90-100% . Ill just wait patiently for what comes next.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I fell off completely like a year ago. A year before that it was the occasional premium video and the beastcast. Up till then I watched/listened to stuff pretty religiously. 2011-2018ish I kept up with like 75% or more of the content on the site. I keep telling myself to come back and check things out, but usually when I pop on the site I just check the forums briefly and close the tab. I think the biggest issue for me is... well me. I don't play anywhere near the amount of games I did years ago. Usually just a handful a year that I stick to and sink a bunch of time in. So I'm not super interested in video game news in general. Hopefully things are still going strong on the site! Even if I don't visit much anymore I always wish the best of luck to everyone here! :)

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The last couple of weeks on here has been a bummer content wise. It seems like they mostly gave up on putting in effort to have multi person streams outside of the Astroneer and Abby's horror playthrough and Nancy Drew. That's on top of multiple people doing almost nothing stream wise this week. The solo streams are so tedious almost always.

I don't come to GB for bland all day streaming I come for good quality content. Less output would be preferable.

Still annoyed there's so much effort on video podcasts too. I don't get the point of it at all.

The Hotspot is.... okay. I love hearing the guys together but holy shit I don't need to hear musings on game reviews from guys who haven't wrote reviews in years anymore. We've heard those discussions ad naseum on this site by now. No one thinks its as interesting as games reviewers (who again haven't been writing reviews for years now). This site doesn't even make an effort to cover new games so much in that comprehensive way anymore, which is fine, but its really confusing why they continue to do this dance with being a review site or games journalists in that style. Or want to discuss that whole field over and over when they so clearly chose to toss it aside. It's silly.

If they'd talk about something other than old Gamespot it could easily be the best podcast on the site.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Hamst3r

I’ve watched nearly all of the video content that isn’t a Quick Look. I know which videos I haven’t seen too as I have them downloaded to plex and am steadily making my way though them. It’s approximately 200 videos, out of around 5,370 videos that aren’t QLs.

That said, I have seen a lot of Quick Looks.

I had listened to every podcast episode until around 3 or 4 years ago where things started to get a little spotty.

So... 75% I guess?

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man people in the Giantbomb community sure do love to comment on how little of the content they watch now. It's weird, so many people try to do it this is, what I guess is, respectful way, but it just comes off as snooty and turning their noses up, "ohhhh I use to watch so much content, but well, not anymore, I've outgrown it, it's just not as good anymore". The number of people that crawl out to make sure they let everyone know how they don't watch much anymore is weird.

For me, it's over 50%, but would be higher if not for the fact that just so much content is being put up onto the site. I do have more time now, but even with that it's hard to keep up with so much of it. I would love to see more multi person streams, even if it meant less overall.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Panfoot

I listen to the bombcast and beastcast weekly, but for videos I watch maybe 1 or 2 videos a week at this point. Probably would have watched a couple of more during work but didn't since the roku app has been broken for weeks. Don't like solo streams, not a fan of the long stream format(not just the from home stuff now, feels like everything has just kinda been a UPF for a long time now) and I've little interest in most of the games they get a lot of coverage lately.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@madpierrot: Well, sincerest apologies if my comment at least came off as snooty. I certainly didn't mean it that way. I'm very happy that Giant Bomb is still a thing and that tons of people still frequent the site daily! I'm mostly envious. I was a daily watcher for around 7 years. And as I said in my post, it's really nothing to do with the site, it's more to do with me and my changing interests. I don't consider myself better than people who still watch the content here at all. Nor do I think the "site has gotten worse".
With all that said, I think it's fair for anyone to comment on however much content they do or do not consume right now as that was the very title of the thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll listen to the Beastcast and Bomcast maybe every other week, I mostly watch the quick looks on Youtube these days. I have a premium membership, but I haven't been keeping up with premium content video lately the past year or so.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I put it about 50%.

I consume all the audio podcasts, although I am running late on the aftermath ones, and several of the video streams.

proc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find that there is too much noise on the site right now with so many different streams to follow. I'm checking in for the Hotspot. I'll check out the bombcast if there's something worth discussing in the industry.

The last streams I enjoyed were the ones done out of the Beast studio with Dan and the Tony Hawk series with Jeff and crew.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Pre-COVID, I watched maybe 50%. All of the main podcasts (excluding a lot of the movie ones), a lot of the premium shows (but not all of them), and some of the Quick Looks (highly depends on what it is).

Post-COVID, 25% at most. Right now I listen to all of the podcasts, which, hey, that's a lot of content when you total it all up. But with the live streams, there is simply too much and the vast majority of which happen when I'm at work. I've had some jobs where I could do the second screen thing or some days there will be times where I had nothing to do and I'll watch a random Quick Look. However, in my current job I can't really do that. The closest thing I've done is watch the Bombcast or Beastcast live or Alex's We Be Drummin' streams, but that's not too different from listening to podcasts or music.

So in these unprecedented times, when I check the videos they uploaded, I watch basically one video a day and that's it. Right now, I watch the 100 Baby Challenge, Minecraft, some of the other group streams like whenever they do GTFO, and basically everything Alex streams: Mass Alex, We Be Drummin', and We Be Truckin'. I'm way behind in Clue Crew and have thought about watching some other stuff, but I simply don't have the time.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Watch about 90% of the video content normally. But there are definitely a few series that I just can't do. Like I have no interest in watching ANYONE play Bloodborne, again... Other than that though, I only listen to the Bombcast during GOTY. So that's my 75%

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

25% at most. These days, the only content I reliably get through are the podcasts. I dip in and out of a lot of content, but my only appointment series are Demo Derby, Game Tapes and Jeff Gerstmann's Pro Skater. I'd love to watch everything, but I just don't have the time. But as long as the Old Guard and Alex are still on staff, I'll keep paying for Premium in perpetuity.

Avatar image for pintfulloftokens
PintFullofTokens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends for me. I used to get a good chuck of the podcast content to and from work. But since I'ver been working from home for the last couple months, I leaned into features more that the podcast. Even going back and rewatching GB East's XCOM run every once in a while.

I am one of those odd people that followed Dan to GB. I had seen other personalities (mainly Jeff) in other places but I made the jump when Dan came in. Enjoying the content they are doing now.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By samfo

Used to consume a lot more.

I feel like I preferred the content like 'load our last save', 'random pc game' etc - rather than month long lets plays and more meandering live streams.

I don't dislike anyone on the site, but feel as though most of the new content is pretty stale and not for me - was sort of the reason i didn't resub.

The site has just lost a bit of the sparkle for me... I suppose ten years of anything will do that...

EDIT: I still listen to the bombcast pretty regularly, but I must admit I'm not as religious about it

Uriarra-Heap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jan solo, but none of the other cast. Of course with so much content some of it's not to my taste. I listen to Bombcast, Beastcast and Hotspot each week. I really do like Jan's Bloodbourne content a lot, it's great. I would watch Ben's Fallout 2, but he speaks poorly and seems overly tired (or worse), it's also the reason I did not finish watching his Apex content.

ChuckStank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hopped onto GB last year so I'm still going through all their old stuff. You can tell they just don't care these days. I'm tired of hearing them complain about not having time to play new games. They've been stuck at home for months now! Stop, you guys obviously lost your love for the industry. And these new hires are just dreadful.

I will say the Hotspot is fucking fantastic. Please keep that up even after life goes back to normal.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By redcream

I only listen to the podcast trifecta (Bombcast, Beastcast, and Hotspot) nowadays with the occasional video if it's interesting enough like the FMV stream Vinny did weeks ago or the Super Mario Special stream. so probably around 20% counting the videos I may have missed or are now just discovering (Giant Bomb has amassed a truly massive library of videos).

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to 1 or 2 bombcasts a day at the moment in lockdown. Its a bit too much tbh I just have it on my phone all around the house. It's been great going back over the years.

Video wise maybe an hour a day as an average, a small percentage of the current output. I tend to just watch stuff with Jeff in it.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Almost 5% if that now. I still watch/listen to a podcast here and there, and then I’ll watch a video sometimes. I really want to watch them, but none of what they do appeals to me anymore unfortunately.

I’m more of a fan of the Patreon (pay if you want but can still watch everything) model, rather than the pay-or-you-can’t-watch model. It’s not a big deal or difference but it just rubs me the wrong way so I don’t watch or pay on principle.

With that said, I’d still watch if they had good video ideas. Unfortunately, most of those ideas left when dan left. Now it’s just boring let’s play stuff “with a twist” that is available through other channels on YouTube for free.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These days, close to nothing but I want to nuance that. Giant Bomb has been a big part of my life for the last almost 10 years. If I could do a /played for this site, I'd probably be a bit shocked. I'm really thankful for those years and the concept that Giant Bomb at least helped create. But the fact remains this might be the first time I'm considering not renewing my sub. Maybe it's me, but they seem to have lost their interest, or maybe I have. The majority of the videos seem uninspired and uninteresting, to me and my preferences at least, not speaking for everyone. Frankly, if this is the direction they decide to go in, there's just better people for it on youtube as well as twitch. I don't want to be a downer so sorry about that, because I really do love this site and most of the people involved.