Has anyone ever bought two copies of a game before?

• 114 results
saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I'm wondering has anyone ever bought a normal edition of a game when it first came out then sometime later when they announce a new edition of a game like Game of The Year edition, that comes with all the game's DLC, buy that copy? If yes, which game was it?

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I bought Fallout: New Vegas when it came out. Then all the stories came out about how broken it was with it locking up a lot and corrupting saves. So I decided I wasn't going to play it until the majority of the issues were fixed, but I ended up forgetting about it until the Ultimate Editions came out. The base game that was mostly patched up and all the DLCs for $40 was just too good an offer to pass up.

So yeah, I have two copies of New Vegas sitting side by side.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have three copies of Metal Gear Solid 3. One that came with the MGS Essential Collection, a second copy of Subsistence that includes the bonus disc that the Essential Collection omitted, and the HD rerelease for PS3. I'm not even the biggest fan. I only played it once.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Does Dark Souls on PS3 and PC count? That's different platforms, but the main reason i bought it on PC again was cause it was cheaper than buying the DLC itself on PS3.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I originally pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite for the 360, but ended buying it on Pc before it arrived because I was too excited. I regret nothing.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes, quite a few times, and not necessarily because of a new edition being released. I've bought all of Bethesda's TES and Fallout games twice (once on 360, once on Steam; I bought Morrowind twice on PC, once on disc and then again on Steam after my disc had become so scratched that my computer was refusing to read it...a similar thing occurred with my copy Age of Empires III). I bought GTAIV twice (again, PC and 360) and if Rockstar ever gets around to porting Red Dead and GTAV to PC I'll gladly buy them again there. I also somehow bought Jedi Academy three times for PC; first time I traded a friend for a copy of Battlefront, then re-bought it on disc three or four years later and then got it again digitally in the May the Fourth Star Wars Steam bundle. I'm probably forgetting a few others.

Generally speaking, if I enjoyed a console game a lot (it was only comparatively recently that I got into PC gaming) and Steam/Humble Bundle has a good deal for the PC version, I'll buy it again.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

hmm quite a few times i think... not for game of the year dlc though, just buying another copy because i wanted another copy.

• starcraft ( lost jewelcase with cdkey bought digital version )
  • morrowind (physical + digital)
  • oblivion (physical + digital)
  • fallout 3 (physical + digital)
  • baldur's gate (physical + enhanced edition)
  • final fantasy 7 ( ps1 + PC)
  • dark souls (xbox360 + PC)
Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm pretty sure I've bought Grandia 4 times over the course of my life:

1. When it first came out for the PSX
  2. Something happened to my original copy, so I had to get another one.
  3. The second disk couldn't be read by my ps2
  4. Bought it for $5.00 for my Vita.

That's a whole lotta money spent on a PSX RPG, but nostalgia and the greatest turn-based battle system in an RPG can make a dude do some crazy things. Grandia is a pretty good game, y'guys.

I also bought NIER and FFXIII-2 twice (originally had them for the 360, but I purchased them again when I made the switch to PS3).

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have bought the Starcraft Battle Chest three times (just because discs got lost or scratched over the 12 or so years I've played it), I bought Ps3 and PC versions of Fallout 3, Bioshock, Borderlands, Mirror's Edge, Dishonored, and probably a few others.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have rebought games I already own on a different digital download service so I own them on Steam, even though I know I'll probably never play them. I also own about 4 copies of Mass Effect 2, a tonne of shit I own on both PS3 and PC.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vuud

I bought Crysis through EA's store, but the DRM (pre-Origin; back then it was called EA Download Manager) sucked so bad I bought Crysis again (plus the expansion) on Steam when it was on sale.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

NO but I have bought multiple copies of a game before.

I bought FEAR multiple times because one of the discs the first time I bought it had a bubble and it wouldn't install (I know, i should've just complained but I didn't care at the time).

I bought multiple copies of Painkiller when it came out because it wouldn't install. It was later found that it was just a problem with the game that they eventually patched.

I don't really regret it, both those games were great, but I do realize that it was silly to do that.

I've bought several "back ups" (games I already own) on steam and gog when they are on sale as well.

Mortified_Cow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have purchased Batman: Arkham Asylum 4 seperate times. First was the collectors edition for PS3, I traded that in. Later bought the regular PS3 version when I felt like playing it again and ended up giving it to my brother. I then bought it for Xbox for the achievements. Finally I bought the GOTY edition for PC.

I've also bought the GOTY edition of Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Batman: Arkham City, and Borderlands on the PC when I had the regular version on console, some of which I had all the DLC for already. Though I usually picked up the GOTY version during a steam sale or something.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yup, I bought XCOM: Enemy unknown on both Xbox 360 and steam. I really liked that game. I also have Skyrim and The Witcher 2 on both 360 and steam too.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigjeffrey
ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ikilledthedj
  • GTA V brother stole my ps3 and was playing it online so i got another PS3 and copy (this is also the 4th ps3 ive owned)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 3rd copy just keep wanting to play it again (stupidly got a NTSC copy this time and cant load my save) might have to buy a 4th
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mosespippy
  • Valkyria Chronicles. When it had terrible sales in it's first month but was highly acclaimed I knew it would become rare so I bought 2 copies.
  • Persona 4/P4G. Self explanatory.
  • Infamous. Bought it for the Uncharted 2 Beta and another copy came with my second PS3.
  • Red Dead Redemption and Medal of Honor Frontline. My roommate stole a couple games from my collection. These are the ones I've replaced so far.
  • Need For Speed III Hot Pursuit. Bought it in a bundle of 10 EA PC games that Staples had, then bought it again as a bundle of Need for Speed games.
  • And I got a bunch of stuff that I bought on disc then received from Playstation Plus.

Edit:

• GTA Vice City as well. Got it on launch day in 2002 and bought the rerelease on PSN.

I would like to note that three of these games are in my top five of all time (VC, P4 and GTA:VC) while another one is a sequel to one of these games (NFS4: High Stakes).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've definitely done this for PC games. Earlier this gen I had abandoned PC and later on I got back into PC, so I grabbed a few different games for the second time on Steam sales. Fallout 3, Skyrim, among others.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did buy Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360. I loved that game....

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Too many times, honestly, and none of it is logical...

• Dead Space AND Dead Space 2 (PS3, 360, and PC)
  • Dark Souls (PS3/PC)
  • 3 copies of Metal Gear Solid 1 for some reason.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3/360)
  • The Orange Box (PC/360)

I'm sure there are more but I can't remember.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I've only done this a few times. Fable and The Lost Chapters. Doom 3 on PC, the collector's edition on original Xbox and then the BFG Edition. Last I remember is that I actually bought the regular edition of Halo 2 after I got the Collector's Edition, that was because the manuals are different. Then I bought another sealed Collector's Edition just for the hell of it.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 103

#22 Marino  Staff  Online
shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 4 copies of FF7, the pc edition(original release), 3 ps1 copies.

I buy 2 copies of all falcom and Atlus.jp games. Also 2 copies of Nier, Ico and Shadow of Colossus. Mostly I like 1 for playing and 1 for collecting.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asked because there is a couple of games I already own but are coming out with new editions. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Injustice are the ones I'm thinking of. Lords of Shadow came out with an Ultimate Edition that has the original game, the 2 DLC and an HD version of Mirror of Fate. I already played the game and the DLC I'm thinking of buying so I can get Mirror of Fate. & I sadly don't own a 3DS. Buying Injustice really depends on whether or not the Ultimate Edition gives me the costumes that require to play the ios version of the game and to get all the other DLC costumes and characters.

I own two copys of Black Ops because for some reason the first copy wouldn't load one certain level. I was either half way or 3/4 way through the game. So I bought another so I can beat the game.

Owning the same game on multiple consoles or an a console and pc seems to be a lot more common than I thought.

OH I almost forgot. I own the first three Zero games on the GBA & in the Zero Collection. I couldn't find Zero 4 and I get all 4 games in one thing.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By DarthOrange

Wii Sports because I lost the copy that came with the Wii (I found it like a week later :/).

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought a few digital games more than once, such Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami and FEZ. On different platforms of course.

Otherwise, I've bought a second copy of San Andreas because the other one I had was used from a while ago, and the case/disc/manual were in a shape I wasn't satisfied with. Same for Gears of War 2.

There might be some others I forget.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ordered Borderlands 2 from amazon but didn't want to wait for delivery so i picked it up at walmart at midnight with the intention of returning a copy to Walmart. Forgot about it and now I can't find my extra copy.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

quite a few times.

Oblivion/Fallout 3/Dark Souls (console+PC)

Medieval II & Rome: Total War (at release/gold edition/Steam)

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have three copies of Fallout 3: One 360 copy, another 360 copy I bought after that first copy stopped working, and the GOTY Edition on Steam.

yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own Fallout 3 on PC, PS3 and 360. I recently purchased GTAV for 360, traded it in for credit, then just bought it for PS3 today to play with friends. Skyrim is owned on 360 and PC. Most of the PC games came recently as I built a new PC last year that was capable of running everything at max settings. I also have chosen to go the digital route and have many games digitally on consoles and PC's that I originally owned in disc form.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have three copies of Too Human sealed and one I have open to play.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bunch of games.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the 360, PS3, and PC.

I've bought a bunch of older games digitally if those count to. I also used to buy both the xbox and PS2 versions of sports games, can't remember why.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MGS3: Original release, Subsistence edition, MGS 1,2,3 collection.

Bastion: XBL release, my Steam account, friend's Steam account.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sterling

Many times. With many games.

• Mass Effect - 360 collectors and regular edition, 360 xbla and PC
  • Mass Effect 2 - 360 regular, PS3 collectors, PSN version.
  • Mass Effect collection which includes all three and all dlc (also already owned mass effect ps3)
  • Oblivion - PC, 360, ps3, goty edition on ps3, and 10 year anniversary edition 360.
  • Skyrim - ps3 collectors, 360 regular and pc. PS3 legendary edition.
  • Fallout 3 - PC, 360, PS3. PS3 goty edition
  • The Witcher - collectors and digital deluxe edition
  • The Withcer 2 - PC and 360 collectors
  • Dragons Dogma - regular and dark edition
  • The Walking Dead - 360, ps3 and vita versions
  • Demon's Souls - Collectors, deluxe, all three regions of regular edition, black phantom edition, greatest hits
  • Dark souls - collectors, regular, pc and prepare to die edition ps3
  • Dragon Age - PC collectors, ps3 collectors, ps3 regular, ps3 ultimate edition, 360 ultimate edition.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GnaTSoL

Not for new editions but I re-bought some old original xbox favorites I had sold way back when like Phantom Dust, Unreal Championship 2, and Kung-fu Chaos. Should have never had sold them in the first place but I was just a kid so money was difficult to come by.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've bought Bastion like 4 times. Even though I owned Dragon Age: Origins I bought the GOTY edition when I wanted to replay Awakening, because it was cheaper. There are several Final Fantasy's that I own on multiple platforms. I have a couple of HD collections where I own one of the games on ps2. I have Persona 3 FES, and p3p. When I wanted to replay HGSS I bought a new copy of Heart Gold rather than delete my Soul Silver save.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#38  Edited By MormonWarrior

Enough people owned two copies of Super Mario Bros. 3 when I was little for some reason that I thought that was the norm.

And beyond that...I dunno, I have some duplicates of games I own elsewhere on Steam because of bundle deals. I may buy Spelunky again for the daily challenges. I've repurchased games too. And I've owned almost every version of Resident Evil 4 for some reason. (Answer: because I'm an idiot)

code3xbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one: Burnout Revenge for original Xbox and then Burnout Revenge for Xbox 360.

...and yes, I took my 360 memory card to a store demo unit to get exclusive cars. Those were the days....

Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gnorbooth

Oh yeah. I've partaken of this ritual quite a few times. Though my craziest was buying the first Borderlands three times, one for each system (PC, 360, PS3) so that I could play with all my different subset of friends at the time. In retrospect, mistakes were most certainly made. Really didn't need to get it on PS3. But wasting money is my favorite pastime, so what the hell right!?

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Xbox and Gamecube)
  • L.A. Noire (PS3 and X360)
  • Super Street Fighter IV (PS3 and X360)
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (Gamecube and Xbox)
  • Devil May Cry 3 (original and Special Edition)

Those are just physical copies, way more with digital copies and HD collections.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own 360 and PC versions of Skyrim, Battlefield bad company 2, and mass effect.

Avatar image for chainreaction01
chainreaction01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure I bought 3 copies of Oblivion since first I got the PS3 version, then PC, and then PC GOTY. Fuck, now that I'm thinking about it I'm probably going to buy it again on Steam. I loved Oblivion and don't own it digitally (Also can't find those disks to save my life).

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By guiseppe

I've bought Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube, PS2, Wii and on XBLA. So 4 copies of the same game. I love it.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've bought Dark Souls for almost everyone I know.. and when they finish it they give me my copy back so I can pass it on to someone else.. I have about 13 copies of dark souls right now.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By breadfan

I've bought Dark Souls for almost everyone I know.. and when they finish it they give me my copy back so I can pass it on to someone else.. I have about 13 copies of dark souls right now.

Spread the word, man. This Dark Souls resurgence is great.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I've bought Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 on multiple consoles, I have re-bought a bunch of games I idiotically traded in when I was younger, and in several instances I've gotten games on PC either in bundles or super cheap on Steam that I already had on consoles.

Avatar image for sometimesavowel
sometimesavowel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I've traded a game in for the extra dough then bought it again new when the price went down.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I owned Dark Souls on PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.