• 148 results
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By shiftymagician

As these past two days of releasing the winners of their various award categories, the Giant Bomb crew have failed to make effective cases for a number of games simply by not playing enough of the games that they are debating.

I really have no opinions against their chosen winners, as their methods for making such a choice is quite flawed.  Not only do they concede to games of which some have not played themselves, but having to also debate the awards rules right next to making the list for potential nominees is nothing short of work I actually expect from amateurs.  I am surprised how badly prepared they actually were when it came to choosing nominees this year.

They could have made a short but solid preliminary list of games or so by November, and then all start playing those games including the new releases from that point as well in case late releases turn out to be potential nominees as well.  Then by the time they have to record and make a decision, they can debate with the confidence that all the staff involved have played these games long enough to have opinions worth listening to.

They should also make these rules and distinctions of the award categories a lot better.  Should they be able to consider an addon for a game which may have no direct influence to the world it was based on?  Can you go further to say an addon that has nothing to do with the core game can be given the same light as an addon that actually adds on content such as lore into an existing game?  Should best looking game be instead called most artistic game?  They hardly make any real effort to let us know before-hand what the rules will be for their nominations and that just damages the value that is supposed to be in their awards in the first place.

What do you guys think?  Should they change their format for the sake of having better arguments, instead of this current form of last minute distinction-making and list-changing?  I like hearing about the awards process as much as everyone else, and that is why I listen to the awards podcasts.  However these conversations can be done earlier, and then further talks about who actually wins can be separated to a main awards podcast.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Or you could just stop complaining about their choices.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aus_azn
@Vinchenzo said:
" Or you could just stop complaining about their choices. "
That, and this year sucked in gaming with the notable exception of Starcraft 2.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shiftymagician
@Vinchenzo said:
You haven't read the post at all it seems.  I am not complaining about their choices of winners at all, but the methods of which they do it.  If you mean something else, please clarify.

Or do you think that none of these highlighted problems such as the staff not playing all the games or making the distinctions clear well before-hand are problems to you?  Just wanting to understand where you are coming from.
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By AlexW00d
@Vinchenzo said:
Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like they recorded a lot of the stuff you're asking of them for more content. I'm much happier with this format than having a single 3 hour bombcast at the end of the year. It sounds to me like they did do a good bit of preliminary work, but you also have to remember that they were churning out content for us up until they started recording these. It wouldn't surprise me if they spent most of their planning and play time getting ready for the major categories, GotY being the big one. 

In a perfect world, they would have started playing all the games on the lists in November, but November is also the climax of the gaming season. They had reviews and quick looks to get out the door.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BrickRoad

I kinda like how it's all come about. Hearing them talk about the games on the podcasts, and the reasons for and against works quite well. The Bayonetta slip up was a bit silly, but  this isn't the worlds most serious site, so it's fine.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ThePickle
@Vinchenzo said:
He's not complaining about the choices, but the methods they used to make them. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwho

Its not their job to play every game. It goes without saying, they're not including games they didn't play in the discussion. And if they couldn't remember it and did play it, the clear lack of impression it left speaks for itself.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McGhee

You can't play all of the games that may be considered for GOTY awards. That's how gaming review sites and magazines work. One guy plays this game while someone else plays another. The podcast where they have been hashing all this out have been really combative so far which is fun.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho
@ShiftyMagician said:

" @Vinchenzo said:

You haven't read the post at all it seems.  I am not complaining about their choices of winners at all, but the methods of which they do it.  If you mean something else, please clarify.  Or do you think that none of these highlighted problems such as the staff not playing all the games or making the distinctions clear well before-hand are problems to you?  Just wanting to understand where you are coming from. "
I want to know what the fuck you think these awards are. This isn't the Oscar academy, its the foreign press and its a joke by design.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shiftymagician
@animathias said:
"

It seems like they recorded a lot of the stuff you're asking of them for more content. I'm much happier with this format than having a single 3 hour bombcast at the end of the year. It sounds to me like they did do a good bit of preliminary work, but you also have to remember that they were churning out content for us up until they started recording these. It wouldn't surprise me if they spent most of their planning and play time getting ready for the major categories, GotY being the big one. 

In a perfect world, they would have started playing all the games on the lists in November, but November is also the climax of the gaming season. They had reviews and quick looks to get out the door.

"
That is definitely true, yet it also means that because of them churning out a lot of stuff, they seemed to perhaps not leave enough time to get their main awards process up to snuff.  Of course reviews are the exceptions here as they have to be done no matter what, however that just indicates that they are getting big enough that they may need to get more writers.  As much as we just want to hear from the main four, it looks as though there is too much work for them that this will not be as feasible as the years before.

As a personal side-note, I love the personal top 10 lists for each staff member.  Great to actually see how the diverse tastes of the staff are reflected on their lists.
FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Considering they play games all year long and often times they have little to no free time to make playing every single game a priority they must rely on one another for opinions. 

It's nearly impossible to play every game that comes out along with every DLC and every arcade game. 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Vinchenzo said:
But he's not. He's complaining about their methodology.
droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By droop

If you listen to the podcast Jeff mentions many times that they had a   preliminary list for each category. Also it's a small team, and with the amount of content they throw out to the community there's no way they all have the time to play all the games that are considered for the awards.

DEllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By DEllen

GOTY is not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. The fact that we are being given the deliberations as content is cool as it means we get more interesting podcasts. I'm happy enough with that and am pretty surprised by the level at which people have become upset about the choices and the way they are deciding them. Think of the man hours that have been spent producing the huge amount of GOTY content that most other sites are happy to post as just one list or video.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hexx462

I rather enjoy the spontaneous nature of it. This isn't the VGAs or the Oscars. It's the GB crew hashing it out on the podcast which tends to have a very stream of conscious nature in the first place.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shiftymagician
@ryanwho said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:

" @Vinchenzo said:

You haven't read the post at all it seems.  I am not complaining about their choices of winners at all, but the methods of which they do it.  If you mean something else, please clarify.  Or do you think that none of these highlighted problems such as the staff not playing all the games or making the distinctions clear well before-hand are problems to you?  Just wanting to understand where you are coming from. "
I want to know what the fuck you think these awards are. This isn't the Oscar academy, its the foreign press and its a joke by design. "
That is definitely true.  Also don't get mad, it isn't like I'm yelling out the words.  Even the foreign press could put some effort into improving how they do things though.  We don't expect it, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it as food for thought.  Again, this is more of a discussionary topic, though I apologise if the words I used do not reflect it.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Jeust
@Droop said:
" If you listen to the podcast Jeff mentions many times that they had a   preliminary list for each category. Also it's a small team, and with the amount of content they throw out to the community there's no way they all have the time to play all the games that are considered for the awards. "
Maybe they should divide the list among themselves then.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShiftyMagician said:
" @animathias said:
"

"
That is definitely true, yet it also means that because of them churning out a lot of stuff, they seemed to perhaps not leave enough time to get their main awards process up to snuff.  Of course reviews are the exceptions here as they have to be done no matter what, however that just indicates that they are getting big enough that they may need to get more writers.  As much as we just want to hear from the main four, it looks as though there is too much work for them that this will not be as feasible as the years before. As a personal side-note, I love the personal top 10 lists for each staff member.  Great to actually see how the diverse tastes of the staff are reflected on their lists. "

I think you hit the nail right on the head there. Their staff simply isn't that large, and when you consider the hours of content they're constantly releasing, it's kind of mind boggling. Hopefully in the new year, they can take some more folks on staff (especially now they're getting paid for the website.)

But then again, this is mostly what I love GB for - off the cuff discussions. I think I might not like it as much if it was way professional. The Friday Live Shows and TNT wouldn't be nearly as good if Vinny could (or had to) control himself.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Detrian

You are hilariously stupid if you think any publication has their editors playing all the games for things like this.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MikkaQ

Well any all GOTY awards from any website is lierally pulled out of their asses. It's pure opinion, and there's no objective metric for these kind of things, so it's nothing worth complaining about. 

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tim_the_corsair

They are choosing their games in the various categories based off what they have played, EXACTLY the same way that anyone else would do it. 

The difference is that they expose what they are doing (and that they are just like us when it comes to this stuff), rather than trying to dress it up and hide it behind pseudo-'professional' bullshit.  

OP, you're taking this WAY too seriously.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dany
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
" They are choosing their games in the various categories based off what they have played, EXACTLY the same way that anyone else would do it.  The difference is that they expose what they are doing (and that they are just like us when it comes to this stuff), rather than trying to dress it up and hide it behind pseudo-'professional' bullshit.   OP, you're taking this WAY too seriously. "
Totally agree.
Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By Nadafinga

People are taking this stuff too seriously. If they had a bunch of rules and stuff to these deliberations, it would take the fun out of it.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ch3burashka

Last-minute decision making means the stuff they really care about comes out naturally without prepared speeches or anything. I think this is the best way to be doing this.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#27  Edited By megalowho

These awards aren't super serious anyways, and I think the method of weighing other arguments for or against anything not personally played is probably the best way to go when there just aren't enough hours to get through everything that deserves consideration yourself. I'd also rather continue to see the staff pump out unique content on GB like day long Kinect or old school marathons than have them holed up at their desks for a month, playing through required GOTY lists as preparation. Plus it's more raw this way, with all the semantics getting squashed on tape - I like that we get all of that and not just a reading of what won and why.

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mattbosten

I think one of the major reasons it's been formatted the way it has is down to scheduling. Back in November games were still coming out that needed to be covered and the guys were still producing content for the site. Once we get towards late December the guys then have a short period to put together the categories for the awards, attempt to draw up nominations and try and play as much as possible; not ideal for a well run GOTY process, but I'll soak up the content all the same.

Shadowjester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Shadowjester

I have been enjoying this format quite a bit. It's part o fthe flair that is Giantbomb.  

I've noticed what you are talking about but I don't see this as a major flaw.  End of the year awards from one website or another isn't that big of a deal really.  And if they did just put out a quick little blurb stating x game won Best looking graphics, Y game won best addon (see definition for best addon in concept page "best addon award"),  etc etc etc. That would be terribly boring.  

I guess i feel the journey to these awards ( the pod casts they are releasing) is more entertaining and enjoyable than the destination(the actual awards)   
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shiftymagician
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" Last-minute decision making means the stuff they really care about comes out naturally without prepared speeches or anything. I think this is the best way to be doing this. "
Oh I ain't saying to get rid of the decision making stuff and the recordings of that, as I love hearing that too.  I was only playing with the idea that they do that sooner just for making a short feasible list for them to check those games again along with the games that come out before the year's end.  Then they can record themselves one more time just picking a winner from the list on a seperate occasion, with the rules laid before-hand.  Everything would still be available, just paced a lot better.

I would never suggest for them to outright remove the recordings of their discussions, as I am always interested in hearing how they think through games when it comes to things like the awards or reviews etc.
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By spankingaddict
@Aus_azn said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
That, and this year sucked in gaming with the notable exception of Starcraft 2. "
100% disagree. Are you just a pc gamer or what?
Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How dare you criticize Giant Bomb! Uh, not really, but expect many more similar replies.  

Also, I have no opinion on the subject matter. 

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#33  Edited By sarahsdad

FWIW, I like hearing the discussion between them; I'm always in favor of one person being able to convince another of their viewpoint

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By EuanDewar

All this is the process they went through to get to their descisions. Chances are every other website doing a GOTY feature went through the exact same discussions the guys had on the podcast but in continuing with tradition of giantbomb being awesome they recorded their discussions and made them public to give us a better insight into their reasonings.  

As for them not playing every game as stated before, they just can't. They're a small company with specific personalities each and not everyone is going to like everything. 

Also cmon dude, this websites mascot is a Deer in a luchador mask. You really expect it to be not silly and totally off the cuff?
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By C0V3RT

I think you, and many others, are taking this GOTY thing way to seriously. There's no standard set of rules they are required to abide by. Thus, if the format works for them - that's what counts.

Unless your IGN or GameSpot, a sites GOTY award isn't going on any future box art for the winner. Right now, all the award really serves for GiantBomb is fan service to readers of the site/listeners of the bombast.

Is it okay to disagree with their pick? Sure. It's opinion after all. Is it okay to disagree with how they come to their selection? Not really and it's kind of pointless in the grander scheme of things.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By csl316
@hexx462 said:
" I rather enjoy the spontaneous nature of it.
Same here.  it's more interesting and inspires debate.
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By SomethingClever

Yo, these are games.  They had an informal, largely unstructured conversation about games.  This isn't such serious business that they need to take notes and debate into great artistic depths.  They could and I'm sure there are plenty of people who do that.  That isn't exactly what I would call fun though.  This isn't a decisive list that determines what were in fact the best games/characters/whatever, this is just a bunch of guys sitting around talking about games and their opinions based on their experience.  I personally think their 'method' as it were is perfect.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shiftymagician
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
" They are choosing their games in the various categories based off what they have played, EXACTLY the same way that anyone else would do it.  The difference is that they expose what they are doing (and that they are just like us when it comes to this stuff), rather than trying to dress it up and hide it behind pseudo-'professional' bullshit.   OP, you're taking this WAY too seriously. "
Hehe I understand where you are coming from, however I take things seriously when I start bringing in journal extracts and scientific data when relevant.  That would be taking things too seriously in my opinion.  I never do that here, so I don't take this as seriously as people seem to think.  A shame that text does not translate my actual expressions of this at all and that you only have abstracted text to go by to make that opinion.

Also this won't be hard to make a counter-point here, but they aren't anyone else.  They are paid staff and writers.  Of course they aren't anything special compared to more professional people in their field of work, however that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to make as much sense as possible about the things they do.  If this was just a simple set of top 10 lists, no one can make any opinions against it, as they are personal lists usually with some justifications attached to help people understand how they made the list.  However the act of awarding something and not giving the award at least the most basic of fundamental elements needed for an award to even exist - the rules to which filter what games can be awarded a certain award - defeats the point of even having awards.  Not silly in an offensive way mind you, just in a way that makes you shrug with the thought of "why are they bothering, they have better things to do here".  Also, I never said they should omit the exposing of their discussions at all.  It would be just spread out to give them more time to properly award something.

They probably should just not do awards at all, and focus on the top 10 lists.  That highlights so many more games yet allows each staff member to justify their selections for themselves so much better.  They can do similar stuff such as favourite addon, favourite game of the year etc.

Glad to talk to you anyway, as well as everyone else here.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By recroulette

I love the debates. 
 The ones last year (for the sub-categories) were kinda dull because they did have it down before hand. 

"We have this category, the nominees are, and the winner is. Moving on" 

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shiftymagician
@EuanDewar said:

"Also cmon dude, this websites mascot is a Deer in a luchador mask. You really expect it to be not silly and totally off the cuff? "

Actually, that would be both hilarious and the greatest thing ever if they somehow were able to be seen as a serious voice with a luchadeer mascot.

Either way, it isn't that I disagree with anything people are saying outright, it is just that I am not ever saying to omit any discussions or to play every game in full.  Is it really hard for them to play 3 to 5 games from a short-list (at least a fair chunk of it to refresh) and then pick a winner from that or any late releases that could be nominees?

A lot of people are missing the intricate point of the discussion - what could be a better methodology.  It doesn't have to even be mainly about Giant Bomb, however I used the current podcasts as a familiar reference.  I also have to guess for some people here, they also missed what a discussion was about.  Thanks for the reply anyway dude.
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#41  Edited By StarvingGamer

@ShiftyMagician: I really think you're taking the wrong perspective here, it's not that their awards process is poorly planned out, it's that they're giving us a window into their planning earlier than everyone else.  All of the arguments and discussions that they've had over these awards are conversations that have to occur.  You can't give out GotY awards without talking about the lists, the rules and everything else.

You're already getting almost exactly what you're asking for, and I think splitting up the process the way you're describing (finalize all lists, choose all winners) would only detract from the clarity of their process.  In many of the categories, the list wasn't even finalized before they had an extremely clear idea of where the award was going.  Arguments for adding a game to the list led directly into arguments for why that game should win.  By splitting it up, we'd at best end up with a slightly disjointed and inconsistent conversation.  At worst we'd end up with an inauthentic forced dialogue regurgitating a decision they had already made.

If you want clear and concise, watch the video and read the article.  You don't need to ruin the podcast for that.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shiftymagician
@StarvingGamer:  I don't think that separating it into a podcast for generating a potential list, then a podcast for figuring out a winner after refreshing on the games in the list (a feasible short list preferably) would ruin anything.  The process and their talks would be there with less sudden confusions and more debating with better clarity.  They still would not have known the winner by what I was suggesting.
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By benjaebe
@ShiftyMagician said:
Of course they aren't anything special compared to more professional people in their field of work, however that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to make as much sense as possible about the things they do.
I see this come up a lot in threads like these and I don't understand the source of this argument. Just because the Giant Bomb crew have a more apparent sense of humor and are much more involved with their audience, community and viewers than other sites does not in any way make them less professional. Jeff and everyone else worked at Gamespot for a long time and, arguably, ended up at Giant Bomb because they were more professional. There's no doubt in my mind that developers and other journalists in the (relatively small) industry have a lot of respect for Giant Bomb, despite it's appearance of being kind of goofy sometimes.
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#44  Edited By StarvingGamer
@ShiftyMagician: I don't understand how you could avoid that, by what you're suggesting.  By discussing which games belong on the short list, they by default HAVE to discuss the merits of each game.  You'll notice that the duration of the list discussions were orders of magnitude longer than the discussions for the winner of the final three.  There was an organic flow that tied the two talks together, it was extremely easy for them to decide upon a winner because the arguments for each game had already been made for the most part.  If you split them up then you would either have them saying, "Yeah it's Bayonetta" or repeating everything that had said in Bayonetta's favor when discussing whether or not it belonoged on the list.  Either way, not a good podcast.

If instead you're suggesting that they pare it down to four or five choices and hash those out to the end, that's exactly what you got.  Minus an extraneous mention of a few other games, every conversation was quickly boiled down to just a handful of games.  The entire best character conversation was Morden, Marsden, Bayonetta and York.  Other characters like Monkey, Pigsy and Tychus were culled from the list within a matter of seconds.  At worst, those asterisks took up an extra 15 minutes of your 1.5 hour podcast.  They don't need/deserve a separate podcast of their own.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By shiftymagician
@benjaebe said:
" @ShiftyMagician said:
Of course they aren't anything special compared to more professional people in their field of work, however that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try to make as much sense as possible about the things they do.
I see this come up a lot in threads like these and I don't understand the source of this argument. Just because the Giant Bomb crew have a more apparent sense of humor and are much more involved with their audience, community and viewers than other sites does not in any way make them less professional. Jeff and everyone else worked at Gamespot for a long time and, arguably, ended up at Giant Bomb because they were more professional. There's no doubt in my mind that developers and other journalists in the (relatively small) industry have a lot of respect for Giant Bomb, despite it's appearance of being kind of goofy sometimes. "
Oh when I talk about sense I am not talking about what you highlighted there.  I am just talking about the mental process of prioritizing what to do first, then second etc when it comes to things like figuring out awards or how they do reviews.  There is no bashing in anything I say here, just plain criticism and discussion (and to remind everyone, criticism is never inherently bad).  I don't see them as less professional for being so involved with the community, which is easily the best thing about this site.  I have hardly ever found a gaming website as enjoyable as this one for the longest time.  Maybe other users can direct me to other sites they may see as better, but the content and community here is just awesome.  How many other sites really do a live day-long stream for a new thing really?
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I missed the part where it actually matters what the crew's opinion on anything is.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kingzetta

everyone just wanted punch brad and move on

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By shiftymagician
@LordXavierBritish said:

" I missed the part where it actually matters what the crew's opinion on anything is. "

I did too.  I never said I was outraged by it, and only wanted to discuss the peculiars of how one may prefer to want to go about deciding how awards like these were to be handled.  Seems like some people don't like digesting a lot of words.  I also used that situation as a familiar reference, but I guess when your first replier didn't even read the post, with another few people quoting it also without reading, using GB as a reference for such discussions seem to not allow for any proper discussion.  Thankfully it wasn't overblown, and people have fair points when disagreeing with me.

For the record, most people disagreeing have fair points which I am happy to hear, however make sure you read the whole thing instead of running with the first sentence or paragraph, or that poor excuse of a first reply.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ryanwho

One thing I will say, though. Dear god the best DLC discussion was painful to listen to. Brad was basically talking to a brick wall. And Jeff, using the transitive property to determine some shit he hasn't even played is better, what a joke. Yeah, der, everything sounds shitty when you use pejoratives. His cynicism is starting to grate me honestly. Shut the fuck up when people are talking about things you haven't played maybe.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Skytylz
@spankingaddict said:
" @Aus_azn said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
That, and this year sucked in gaming with the notable exception of Starcraft 2. "
100% disagree. Are you just a pc gamer or what? "
Yah, I'd say this year was better than last year and maybe even the year before.