• 162 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Point Of This Topic: To post games that you hate, or just don't care for as much, but everyone else around you or on the internet seems to love.

What Not To Do In This Topic: Argue about why game X is good or bad. Just respond to the topic and vent/explain if you wish. Don't hate on other people's responses, because I'm sure someone hates your response just as much ;)

What To Do In This Topic: Have fun.

Feel free to re-post or edit your post if you think of more games you hate/don't care for later on.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

As if I haven't already gotten enough crap for that :P.

(Hint: Halo 3. And Earthbound.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Smash Brothers. All of them. Well, okay, I liked the first one on 64 since it was new and cool. But didn't like Melee or Brawl at all.

And Left 4 Dead. That game gets boring fast.

I don't care for the GTA series either.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Call of Duty 4.
I liked it when it first came out. I hate the fact that people still regard to it as the best game ever.

World of Warcraft
Taken many of my friend's lives away. I will have my revenge. Just wait Blizzard, just wait...

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inkeiren

None. I've never played a good game I did not like.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Psychonauts... I played the demo, got bored and never finished it. Buy the game... whatever.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GnaTSoL

Mario Kart Wii - Gameplay amounts to how much luck you end up having during a race. Real child's-play, yet everyone thinks otherwise I guess. In my case though, not a fun experience at all.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By skywing

all final fantasies, i really don't like em.  TAKE TOO DAM LONG TO PLAY
 not to mention that in RPG's the same.

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By LeoMinor

I'd say Gears of War and World of Warcraft.  I've played both and don't see the big deal. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

This question has been asked way too many times. And my answer still is World of Warcraft, or any MMO.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I really dislike racing sims, so that means the Gran Turismo, Forza, and GTR series.

Also, after playing Geometry Wars, it turns out that I'm not really into dual joystick shooters either.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By Geno

HL2 - Should be next to the dictionary definition of "overrated".

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

i didnt really like Oblivion
got really really repetitive after a while (i dont even know how many fucking oblivion gates u had to close and they are almost all the exact same)
and i thought that the combat was really weak

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ

Most first person games

Also, while Chrono Trigger was good, I didnt find it to be the be-all end-all for rpgs that I had heard it was. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Call Of Duty 4, I still don't see why people think "OMFG BEST GAME EVAR" Call Of Duty 2 was way better in my opinion.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman

Final Fantasy games...

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hausdog

I'm pretty sure most people hate MMO's, if only for their effect on the weak and worthless assholes who do nothing but mindlessly grind on them (with STRADIJEE!!!!! because pointing and clicking is totally mentally taxing) all day.
I don't "hate" Chrono Trigger, but I thought it was boring. I played through the first couple of hours and disliked the art style and the gameplay. It's like a normal JRPG except without a soul.
Most FPS games are utterly boring. I don't understand how anyone can have 30+ games on their game shelf devoted to walking around looking through someone's dizzying point of view while aiming at others and pushing RT a whole bunch. Oh! But you can do it in the desert! And you can do it in a broken down city! The only FPSs I've enjoyed have been Left 4 Dead and Portal.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By iamjohn

Mirror's Edge.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Matt_
Geno said:
"HL2 - Should be next to the dictionary definition of "overrated". "
Yeah, loved the first but couldn't get into the second.
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By KnifeySpoony

I'll say Gears of War and Bioshock. I guess I was just late to the 360 party and never got into Gears, the same goes for Bioshock. Bioshock was funner to watch then play to me.

edit: I'll say WoW as well, but because I've never played it myself I can't say definitively. I have however played plenty of other MMOs and they all got old after a few weeks. Just cannot justify $15/month for a never ending game.

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Pretty much all of the Final Fantasy games, the new Prince of Persia and GTA: San Andreas.

Budster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Budster

Halo
Dynasty Warriors
Oblivion (I just don't dig Bethesda philosophy and also Todd Howard reminds me of the 40 year old virgin)
Grand Theft Auto 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Super Mario Galaxy.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By kraznor

Resident Evil 5. I am still kicking myself for buying the Collectors Edition. I played through it once and that was to many times. Such a disappointment, literally did nothing to improve over RE4 (which I still love).

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MeierTheRed
  • Halo 3
  • Guitar Hero / Rock Band
  • Final Fantasy
  • MLB / NBA / FIFA and so on
  • Little Big Planet
  • GTA 4
  • Left 4 Dead
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seedofpower

Any sports games, and anything that i have to buy an accessory for.

I never really liked sports ever and buying anything extra for a game i just bought seems lame.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By CenturionCajun

By no means do I bash these types of games. They are just not my thing.
-Car Racing Sims (Forza, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, etc.)
-Mini-Game Collections (Just about anything on the Wii)
-Puzzle Games (Peggle, Meteos, etc.)
-Sports Games (Madden, MLB, NBA, FIFA, etc.)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By JJOR64

Bullet Witch.  A lot of my friends like it and I think it's a DMC wannabe.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lamegame621

Halo series. That's about it. I enjoy the fiction but don't much care for the actual game.

Saerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saerg

Resident Evil
Final Fantasy (I love the combat system, but I dislike everything else about the games)
Heavenly Sword
Wipeout
MGS 1-2
Super Smash Bros
Resistance
Killzone 1
Gears of War Multiplayer

and a lot more I'll think of later.

Avatar image for deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d
deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Killzone 2 , Shellshock and  Killzone 1 for that matter as well, i think they just control like garbage.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By Icemael

Metal Gear Solid 2 - The controls are horrible. RE5 controls like a dream compared to this game.
Max Payne - Poor controls, completely uninteresting gameplay, bland atmosphere.
Final Fantasy - Turn-based battles... meh.

KarlR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KarlR

Fallout 3

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Metal gear solid 4, halo combat evolved and half life.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By Bouke

I´m going to say Bioshock, i played it for a bit but couldn´t get into it. Although most people say they loved the story, and the setting is really good, i just can´t get past the art style...
Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#37  Edited By Valkyr
KarlR said:
"Fallout 3"
Fallout 3 here too. It bored me as hell and graphics could have been better (I played it on PC) but consoles dumbed it down a lot I think. Great part of that game is the feeling of being in a real wasteland, but graphics looked like plastic, characters were ugly, even looking to your character in third person was ugly (and I was playing on High). Beside of that it lacked the great humor of the old ones.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By get2sammyb

Super Smash Bros Brawl. I loved, loved, LOVED Melee, came into Brawl think it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread but for some reason thought it was terrible.

I also HATE Guitar Hero/Rock Band with a passion.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Street Fighter IV, sometimes, the reason why I hate it at times is due to the fact that Street Fighter IV neglected Street Fighter III for the inferior Street Fighter II. I don't think Street Fighter II is crap or anything like that but Street Fighter III is just much more superior.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Captain_Insano

As with a couple of others in this topic I'm going to have to go with Half Life 2. I am really trying to finish it and it has gotten marginally better, but it feels like a chore. Sitting down to play it feels like work not fun. Just not for me I suppose (though I really liked the original Half Life).

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By NickM

1. Shadow of the Colossus - I have no problem with games striving to be art. It's just that I can't see why so many people say that this game is one of the all-time best. I personaly think that the frame rate issues rendered the game unplayable. Plus, even if climbing the Colossi is fun, the rest of the game is just dull. And gray. Very, very gray... too gray.

2. World of Warcraft - I just don't get it. It's like having a second job, that you have to pay for. I have seen a lot of my friends play it, and non of them seem to be enjoying it, complain about how boring/tedious it is, yet are still playing, in order to finish the quest, and continue doing the same thing again. It just defies simple rules of human nature and makes my brain explode.

3. Halo 3 - Oh, Halo. It's really a love-hate relationship between us, and currently it is set to HATE. I admit, that somehow, sometimes I manage to fall under the influence of my idiot friends (in terms of games, they're pretty awesome otherwise) and play Halo with them. Sometimes it is fun, but sometimes reality kicks in. This game is like Quake on fucking horse tranqualizers. Seriously. Its slow, sluggish, and just not fun. Maybe I feel this way because I've played it yesterday with my friends who play it overly serious, MLG rules, BR only, no radar and all that. It was not fun, and I just quit. Also, they interupted my game of Left 4 Dead, so that I could play with them, so fuck you Halo. Sorry, I got carried away.

Remember the time when we were trying to decide what was better, Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4? Well, COD won, suck it Halo.

Wess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By Wess

GTA, Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear Solid are the big ones.

Also not crazy about games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, and somehow I just couldn't get into The World Ends With You, even though I can see that it is a very well made game.

Oh, and FInal Fantasy X... I just don't see how so many people say that's the best of the series.

Stephcasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stephcasc

GTA IV
So so so over rated

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hitchenson

Every single J-RPG ever, they all seem to use the same cliche "I'm a sexually confused looking guy, who's gonna save the world" theme.

Call of Duty 4, I totally don't get the whole "BEST GAME EVARRRR!" thing people have going on.

World of Warcraft, I hate the fact this fucks people lives up, and just the game in general.

Sports games, stupidest games in my opinion. Totally don't see the appeal of them.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By subject2change

Game: Halo Series - no skill required FPS...that simple; counter-strike runs circles around this bitch.
Genre: Music Games..all of em. Mainly Guitar Hero and Rock Band - repetitive stupid game play with way too many releases in short amount of times loaded with bloatware accessories...pass.

Hitchenson said:

"Every single J-RPG ever, they all seem to use the same cliche "I'm a sexually confused looking guy, who's gonna save the world" theme.Call of Duty 4, I totally don't get the whole "BEST GAME EVARRRR!" thing people have going on.World of Warcraft, I hate the fact this fucks people lives up, and just the game in general.Sports games, stupidest games in my opinion. Totally don't see the appeal of them."
It's not every single J-RPG is like that...every single Final Fantasy game from 7 on is though however for the most part... :p

Davisad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Davisad

Fallout 3. Dull, repetitive and a gimmicky VATS system which fucks up the idea of it being a first person shooter as well as an rpg. You CAN kill people by not using VATS, it's just that it wastes more ammo and is a lot harder to do.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shabs

1. Smash Bros series

I don't think it's bad or anything, but I just can't wrap my head around it.  I'm not bad at games, but I honestly can't figure this one out.  I'm just terrible at it and I can't figure out what's happening on screen.  It's just too crazy.

2. Halo series single-player

I think the multiplayer is fun, but I tried forcing myself through the Halo single-player campaign and I just couldn't fight off boredom.  The art style/setting just doesn't gel with me at all.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By Gmanall

Max pane and Final fantasy

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hairydutchman

Chinatown Wars. The DS screens are too small for a proper GTA game.