User Lists: 0

Shadow of the Empire for the N64

Chillster7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Can’t remember if I got a hand me down NES before I started playing games on our Mac or not. It would be either Mario Bros + Duck Hunt, Marathon Durandal or Myth: The Fallen Lords.

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure I had a Game Boy before the NES, but that's tough to pin down. And for the Game Boy, I remember distinctly a Castlevania, Metroid II, Tetris, Dr. Mario, Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land being the initial collection of carts. Born in '88, but a child of garage sales and thrift store finds, so I had a lot of stuff from a bit before my time.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

Golden Axe on my friends dad’s PC in like 91 or something. Still a great game!

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

The first games I remember playing are Geromite and Duck Hunt on the Nintendo my Mom got for me and my Sister for Christmas. It was the original Nintendo bundle, complete with Lightning Gun and R.O.B the robot, who was used to played Geromite. It was actually pretty cool once the robot was properly set up. Too bad, Nintendo quickly abandoned using him in future games. The funny thing is, my first games might have been on the Calico Vision, but the console broke before I became old enough to even understand video games. Soon my Sister lost interest in video games, and the NES became solely mine.

urthmover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By urthmover

welp..its this bad boy..parents won it at an auction in 80' ...christmas came early for this 5 year old

PONG on a yellow Magnavox - Odyssey

No Caption Provided

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario Bros. in 1988. My Uncle died, so my Grandma got an NES to keep her mind busy. She ended up giving me all her games.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Either Duck Hunt or the original Super Mario Bros at a family friends cottage when I was 4 or 5. My parents bought my older brother a SNES a year later so the first games I really played were Super Mario World, Star Fox, Mario Is Missing, Mario Paint, etc

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asteroids in a Safeway. Quickly followed by Pac Man in a 7-11.

They put arcade machines everywhere in the early 80s.

Intradictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A game called Airborne Ranger for DOS

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I can't remember if it's Pacman or space invaders on an arcade machine in a Pizzeria.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Jordan vs. Bird: One on One for the NES.

Gyratyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have strong memories of Sopwith early on. I remember bombing a hole from the starting place and shooting/crashing into that cow a lot.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really vague memories of Pong and playing consoles on display at the local Sears (Atari 2600 and Intellivision), but, my first really firm game memory was Computer Club in Grade 2 circa 1980 -- one day a week after school, I could line up with the rest of my assigned group to use Commodore PET computers, and, if you behaved, you got to try some of the BASIC games off the tape drive.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackal for the NES

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first game I remember looking at is Dragon Warrior for NES. It belonged to my older brother. It was probably the first game I played. Played as in, pressed buttons on the controller. I was like 3 or 4.

PetranC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strathy said:

A game called GORILLA GORILLA that was on an IBM XT. It was a BASIC programmed Donkey Kong clone that only used ASCII. I've had a look around to see if I can find any reference to it, but nothing comes up. It may well have been something that a dude at the university my parents worked at just made and it got distributed locally.

That was my first game too! I can't verify the name because I can't remember it but your description matches 100%. I can't find it anywhere which is a shame. It would be nice to have a screenshot to show every time someone asks me "what was your first game"

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I went to a Montessori pre school and could never fall asleep during naptime, but the teacher couldn't think of many quiet activities for me to do while the other kids slept so eventually she bought Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon and Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds which I would play over and over for about an hour a day, five days a week.

She eventually recommended to my parents that they get me a Super Nintendo, actually.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Either Super Mario Bros. 3 OR that TMNT game for the NES. Can't really organize my memories into which one came first. But it's very faint.

According to what my parents have told me, I think the first game I played was actually Street Fighter II in the arcade with a family friend. "Played" of course. I was an infant.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a054124e423
deactivated-62a054124e423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario Bros. 3

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first game I remember seeing is SMB which my mother was playing in college, but the first one I played was a Macintosh educational (?) game with a rabbit. I doubt I will ever know its name and I became hysterical when my mother accidentally broke the CD. I was probably around four. A second game I played around the same time was another Macintosh game. It was a Disney cooking(?) game which included Minnie Mouse and (probably?) Chip n' Dale. I was literally in kindergarten then so my memories are very vague. I'm surprised by the amount of people here who actually remember the game, though I guess that was before the time of home computers and the myriad CD children's games that came with them.

I didn't get a console till I was eight and received an SNES from a friend of my mother shortly before he committed suicide. The PS2 was already out at that time but my parents were poor and separated when I was two years old.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fortnite or pac man. Don't remember after the third impact and all the time dilation from C-2934

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lemmings, several years after it released on PC

bodger0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably wasn't the first game i played, but the first i remember completing was X-Wing on the pc, with a really cheap joystick that the fire trigger would pop out every 3-4 clicks in... made the game interesting.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#78  Edited By isomeri

Parachute on a Game & Watch.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tetris on the Gameboy. Mum bought a Gameboy for herself way back in the day but my brothers kept playing on it, so she ended up buying three more over the years, each with a copy of Tetris.

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first clear memory of playing a video game is of the Taito arcade game Gladiator.

No Caption Provided

Besetment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@petranc: https://classicreload.com/friendlyware-pc-arcade.html

There's an ascii donkey kong clone called "gorilla gorilla" playable in this.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9de71ea580
deactivated-65f9de71ea580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Power Pete!