matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

The Giant Bomb team

This will be the 7th year of the Giant Bomb team partipcating in Extra-life and it's a special one. If When The Giant Bomb team raises at least $203,590.84 we would have contributed $1,000,000 over all the years we've been participating in Extra-Life. That's million bucks!

Getting Involved

Let’s face it. Most of us are playing video games for a disgusting amount of time anyway. It may as well be for a good cause AND IT’S SO EASY TO JOIN! Go to www.extra-life.org, sign up and join the Giant Bomb team. You can join the team during the sign-up process or by going to the team page and hitting join www.extra-life.org/team/giantbomb.

How do I get people to give me money for the kids?

This is the hardest part but also the most rewarding. Social media is your best friend. Tweet it, tumbl it and Facebook share while you’re at it. Live streams are also a great way of getting donations. If you’re going to stream do everything you can to make it a quality production. We’re talking shiny graphics, lower thirds with a donation link, code giveaways e.c.t.

Finding a theme for your stream is also helps. It gives you a goal to focus on. Maybe you’re going to play all of the Halo games because you’re crazy or maybe you’re going to play 24 hours of Dota 2 because you like good video games.

I'm a busy person with a job, kids and a crippling drug addiction. I don't have time to play video games!

No worries friend you can still help. Check out the roster of team Giant Bomb and donate to someone you like the look of.

I’ve read your words, I’ve signed up and joined the Giant Bomb team. What now?

This most important part of Extra-Life is the build up to November 4th. Use all that time to spread the word and plan your live stream. Once you’ve signed up post the link to your donation page and any live streams you may be doing in this thread. If you have any questions post them here and I’ll try to help out. This really is a community effort.

FAQ

Q: What if I can’t commit to that date or the entire time?

A: The idea and spirit of Extra Life is that everyone pulls together at the same time, but we know that’s not going to be possible for everyone. Don’t let a commitment on the 4th stop you from joining. Just do what you can and make up the game time later. What matters most is the time you put in BEFORE the event to raise money for these kids.

Q: What if I can’t finish the full 24 hours due to commitments or exhaustion?

A: If you won’t be able to finish the whole thing, you can make up the remaining hours later. It’s all on the honour system and what really matters is that we’re all raising money for a great cause. Your sponsors should know they are supporting the cause whether you crash on hour 18 or not.

Q: How is the money collected? Where does it go?

A: Credit card donations may be made on a participant's fundraising page. Cash and check donations will be collected by participants and submitted to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. All funds will be disbursed directly to the hospital selected during registration.

deliciousbees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By deliciousbees

Sarge Club is returning for the 5th Annual Sarge Club Mystery Cavalcade, and we're aiming to break our $50k lifetime total for Team Giant Bomb. 48+ games in 24+ hours. Prizes, mystery games, donation incentives and more!

9am PST on November 4th at watch.sarge.club!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll have more info in the next few days, but: Sarge Club will return, and we're aiming to break our $50k lifetime total for Team Giant Bomb.

Yes! Love me some Sarge Club.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Funds are looking really dire for the rest of the year but I'll try my best.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've always wanted to take part in this, or something like this.

Maybe this year....

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

One of the best days of the year. Made over$800 last year going for $1k!!

OddParticle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plans are in motion for a special Dilbrad/DilVRad stream for ExtraLife this year. Stay tuned!

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure I'll be streaming with my YT channel crew this year. Hope it's another strong one.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

6th year. Let's do this! Working on $20,000 lifetime this year! No 'fake' (actually real) $16k donations this year, lol.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This will be the first year I participate on the streaming side. I'm planning on playing, and maybe also create levels in Super Mario Maker, and I would like to include the viewers in some fun way. I'm also thinking about doing some Jack Box games.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be back for my fourth year. Destiny 2 will most certainly be played.

bryson_shaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last year was my first year to Extra Life. I was trying for 1,000 and got close to 750. This year I am hoping I make it to the 1000 mark. Trying to get a list of games ready to play and see if any duders wanted to join up and play as well.

My list so far is-

1. destiny 2

2. Overcooked

3. Hitman

4. Splatoon

5. Mario New Donk City

6. NBA 2k18

If anyone else has some suggestions let me know, as well if anyone wants to try to join in on the stream.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#13  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Every year I'm excited for Extra Life to do something that I know will help some local kids get better care. While I get to do something I love to do any day of the week. This years theme is Playstation Now. Since my main setup has always been using my PC or PS4 I don't have much of a choice other than to use PSNow to stream PS3 games. Even though you would think streaming a stream would break something when I tested out a year ago it worked. I just didn't end up using that idea till now to show of a bunch of games with no real rhyme or reason. Other than I want to play them. Check out my Extra Life page for more details. Also my stream will be a week earlier than the official start time. Edit: Twitch Link

Avatar image for afashionablehat
AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In again this year. Last year we did something like $3500 with our dumb stream (I think we were sixth or seventh overall for GB? woo!) after I was expecting I'd be donating to fill in the gap as we went towards a target of $1000.

This year we're aiming a little bigger. I live in Boston and it's a pretty cool city, so we're trying to showcase some of that. We're tentatively planning to do our thing in Cambridge from the offices of the Cambridge Innovation Center and pull in some locals: FGC folks to teach us how to Street Fighter (for I am a Tekken man and that's all that I am), indie devs, maybe a journalist or two. We want to go "hey, check out all this cool stuff" while we raise some money. And we haven't decided on a number yet, because those numbers are terrifying, but I'm gonna be disappointed if we do worse than $3500 with the work going into this trainwreck.

I have no idea what's gonna get played except that there will one hunnert percent be fightygames, Gang Beasts, and Overcooked at various points. Probably some Nidhogg 2 along the way, probably some "I don't even know" out of the bowels of my Steam library.

launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long time listener, first time caller here! Extremely excited to get involved on the streaming side of things for once, and make sure I'll do everything I can to raise money for all the sweet babies around the world.

The list of games will be something like:

1. PUBG

2. Tabletop RPG (One shot of sorts)

3. XCOM 2: WOTC

4. A random smattering of NES games that are probably trash.

5. Jackbox 1 to 3 (4 if it's released by the time!)

6. Hitman

And plenty more! Anyone interested in setting up some synced fun times, playing together or what not, let me know! We can probably set up some goofy stuff!

Looking forward to it, duders.

p4r4digm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By p4r4digm

Hi I'm coming back for my 2nd year and I have convinced my friend to play Dark Souls for the first time....

No Caption Provided

Fundraising Page

Stream Link

I've quintupled the goal this year!

We're going to have giveaways and I'll be donating for every death!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Let's gooooooooooooooooo!

Giga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Giga

This will be the year I actually do an Extra Life stream. Off the top of my head I'm thinking a couple different speedruns and at least one 50-turn game of Mario Party with friends for sure. Probably some Dota and PUBG. Will have to think about the rest. Oh, Super Mario Odyssey will be out, so that will be involved at some point, I'm sure. Going to have to think about what a good/realistic donation goal would be, though...

panicswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By panicswitch

Second year of Extra Life, first year on Team GB!

Extra Life Page

Twitch Channel

This year it will be a 3-man team as myself and my friends, Mike and Paul, will be live-streaming all 25 hours from November 4th to November 5th. We play for Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital as it was the hospital that my niece was in when she was diagnosed with a very rare brain tumor. The full story is on my donation page but she is happy and healthy today because of PSHCH. Last year we managed to raise $1,622 which was incredible. So this year we have a lofty goal of $2,000. My Extra Life page has our goals and incentives up already. All donors $5 and up will be entered to win some Steam Keys. All donors $10 and up will get a 10-second song improvised and performed by my friend Paul on the live-stream. I personally can't wait for that one.

There will be plenty of multiplayer games like Rocket League and Nidhogg II as well as some single-player games like Everbody's Golf, Shadow of Modor, and Amnesia: The Dark Descent that we will switch between during the stream. We are also just $60 away from our $500 goal of a Precision Game block. If reached, we will play games like Trials Fusion, Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, and Thumper all the while implementing a swear jar. So we will have to donate $1 for every curse during this block. (We don't really curse much but I think Dark Souls and Bloodborne might make that happen).

It should be a lot of fun, hang out with us if you have a chance.

robotmayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im looking to see if I can get some people from the discord to do an anime trash stream with me. Made 100 last year. Going to see if I can keep going.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping to work permitting. I didn't do it last year because I didn't have a decent set up but I'm now rocking 2 monitors so I can keep an eye on chat or whatever and a new microphone instead of just using the one in my webcam. No idea what I'll play yet but my previous stream of FMV games that were mostly point and click adventures made it hard to stay awake. I feel like there's going to be a lot of PUBG so maybe I'll avoid doing that.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

WHOOSH:

Loading Video...

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if any of the GB staff has said anything about their participation in this year's Extra Life?

I don't keep up with everyone's social media, so please keep us updated if they announce anything :)

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JasonMasters

Trying to customize the layout @ltsquigs release a couple years ago. Does anyone have any idea how to adjust the locations of the data points? I'm assuing there is a file somewhere I can edit.

No Caption Provided

panicswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panicswitch: Just as a follow-up to my first post, the start time is now set at 10AM EST on November 4th. Also I am trying out Twitch VODCasts since I can't stream from home currently. I recorded a playthrough of Silent Hill 3 and all October long I will be posting new episodes leading up to game day. First episode starts next week over at my Twitch channel.

bpriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I will be at it again for sure. I know there will be some DnD for sure. We are in the middle of the Storm Kings Thunder Campaign right now. We normally go for at least 12 hours. I know I want to finish DSIII for it and think there hopefully will be some of the newer games.

Donation Page

Stream Link

lunemercove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi!

I'm doing extra life for the first time this year! My plan is to try to fit a speed-ish run of Tales of Vesperia to 24 hours. I've done it in well under 15, so the hard part is gonna be stretching it out a bit. I'll pick up PUBG or something if I run out of game and ideas before 24(5?) hours are up.

Plan is to start 8AM PDT on Nov 4.

Donation Page

Stream Link

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By awalkawesome

This will be my third year! Probably just going to be a grab bag like the last two years. I'll be starting 7 A.M. CST

Donations

Stream

Avatar image for afashionablehat
AFashionableHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In again this year. Last year we did something like $3500 with our dumb stream (I think we were sixth or seventh overall for GB? woo!) after I was expecting I'd be donating to fill in the gap as we went towards a target of $1000.

This year we're aiming a little bigger. I live in Boston and it's a pretty cool city, so we're trying to showcase some of that. We're tentatively planning to do our thing in Cambridge from the offices of the Cambridge Innovation Center and pull in some locals: FGC folks to teach us how to Street Fighter (for I am a Tekken man and that's all that I am), indie devs, maybe a journalist or two. We want to go "hey, check out all this cool stuff" while we raise some money. And we haven't decided on a number yet, because those numbers are terrifying, but I'm gonna be disappointed if we do worse than $3500 with the work going into this trainwreck.

I have no idea what's gonna get played except that there will one hunnert percent be fightygames, Gang Beasts, and Overcooked at various points. Probably some Nidhogg 2 along the way, probably some "I don't even know" out of the bowels of my Steam library.

So $3500 might be undershooting, 'cause two great friends have put us at $3174 already. Can we get to a number that begins with a 5? Can we?

I'm a little poleaxed at the moment.

Also I didn't put my links up, like a dork:

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Several online friends from around the country (and one from the UK -- originally had two who bought plane tickets, but one's visa was denied) are coming to my house to stream 49 consecutive hours thanks to daylight savings time, and at the end of the stream, I will be getting married to my fiancee, also on the stream. This is our second year doing this and our goal is a modest $2,550.

Our Extra Life Page

My Twitch Page

Avatar image for thekitkatshuffler
thekitkatshuffler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome stream plan. Sorry that last year's marriage didn't work out though.

Several online friends from around the country (and one from the UK -- originally had two who bought plane tickets, but one's visa was denied) are coming to my house to stream 49 consecutive hours thanks to daylight savings time, and at the end of the stream, I will be getting married to my fiancee, also on the stream. This is our second year doing this and our goal is a modest $2,550.

Our Extra Life Page

My Twitch Page

Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
ramblesnonsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By ramblesnonsense

Hey all! My plan is 24 hours of our second favorite MOBA, League of legends. Come watch me be bad!

Saturday the 4th of November, starting 9am eastern. I'll be running 25 hours, it's daylight savings night again!

Twitch Page

Donate

League of legends PRIZES!

Each donor of $75 or more I will gift one of the "Super Galaxy" skins

Annie, Elise, Gnar, Nidalee, Fizz, Kindred, Shyvanna, or Rumble

(shamelessly lifted from google images)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Must donate $75 or more though My extra life portal during my Nov 4th Live stream
  • You must have a League of Legends North America account
  • Skins will be gifted within a week
  • Please put your League name in the donation comment (if I don't know who you are I can't gift you the skin)
No Caption Provided

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#36 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I'll be participating on my friend James' stream on the same weekend as the GB crew, Nov. 4-6. I'll be giving away these three Miyazaki/Hasui prints during the stream to donations of $25 or more.

HeyItsDale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this is going to be my first year participating in Extra Life instead of just watching. I set my donation goal for a measly $250, but I'm skeptical if I'll even be able to hit that. I can only hope! Still unsure exactly what I'll be playing, but some fighting games will definitely be involved, especially in the wee hours. Also, if anyone has a spare couple of stream overlays they can shoot my way beforehand, it would be greatly appreciated.

My Donation Page

My Stream Page

I'm buying a bunch of new stuff (headphones, capture equipment) specifically for the event, so I sure hope I don't wind up passing out at like, 3 AM or something accidentally

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Somehow I've made it to 5 years of Extra Life.

Donation Page

My Twitch

The only constant I've had over the past 5 years is DJ Hero. Besides that, expect a lot of story-based stuff and a lot of fun!

LeoVF44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LeoVF44

First year for me. I'm streaming with my wife and a friend. We'll probably be playing Sanrio World Smash Ball.

Donation page

Twitch

Gonna start at 00:00 Nov 4th (UK time)

Opening with Sanrio, Tetris Battle Gaiden, Super Family Stadium 2, Gundam Wing Endless Duel, J-League Super Soccer, Yume Penguin Monogatari, Door Door, DoReMi Fantasy and some other Famicom/Super Famicom stuff.

calaggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first year taking part in Extra Life. Current plans include a bunch of Playstation games and SNES Classic.

Donation page

Twitch page

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Barring any setbacks, unforseen events, I'll be participating two 12-hour streams, in the days between Nov 5-7th (I'll know as the days get closer). I'm aiming for 5th and 6th.

I'm still trying to think of a theme but I'd like to involve the community. I'm thinking call in show where I talk to GB community members about their gaming lifestyle and history. Donations bump duders up the queue. If possible, we'd co-op one of their favorite games or at least have me play it while I interview them.

Best case scenario is I have a schedule/queue of users before the show starts so I have as little time without a user as possible.

Fall back theme if I don't have a caller/partner at the time might be classic games where users get to donate towards an allotment of save-states. Probably SNES Classic games.

Please message me if interested in being a call-in duder so I can plan ahead for games to have ready.

Also, giveaways during my stream!

I'll be simultaneously streaming at:

Mixer.com/FlashFlood_29

Twitch.com/FlashFlood_29

[Youtube link will be edited in]

SquigHerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be doing my marathon tomorrow. The exact charity I'm going for is Phoenix Children's Hospital, and I'm hoping to raise 1000$ for team GB!!

To do that, I'll be playing video games online, non-stop, for 24 hours.

It's going to suck, but it won't suck NEARLY as bad if I get your support!!!!!

You can watch me start this at noon tomorrow EST. Here's the link to where I'll be streaming, and right below it the link to donate. DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE!

If you donate during the stream, you'll find a little surprise as well as a shoutout from yours truly. I hope you'll join me for at least a little while, as I'd really value the support.

Thanks again, and remember, IT'S FOR THE KIDS!

https://go.twitch.tv/squigherd

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.participant&participantID=278751

Please share this link, together we can make a few kids smile :).

OddParticle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By OddParticle
No Caption Provided

The EXTRA LIFE Dilbrad HITBRAD special will start on Saturday, Nov 4. It'll probably be an all day event, though not a whole 24 hours. I'll pick up on Sunday in a separate stream if needed. Here's how it's going to work:

On November 4th, I will have 10 HITBRAD strips STARTED. The beginning of each strip is going to introduce the GB staff member he’s trying to save and the two weapons at his disposal. YOU guys vote on which weapon he should use by donating money and casting your vote on my Extra-Life page. Doesn’t matter how much you donate, could be a dollar, could be 50 cents. Up to you. Every donation counts as a vote. After 10 minutes (or something), the votes are tallied, and I draw the remaining frames of the story LIVE on my YouTube channel (I hope... OBS tested, seems to work!). I’ll start on Saturday, and possibly pick up on Sunday if I need extra time. Or maybe I won’t sleep, and we’ll get it done all in one day. If there's any extra time, maybe I'll play some games or do some giveaways. We’ll see. If you’re interested, keep your eyes peeled for updates here in early November on actual start times and other details. I’ll definitely be posting about it. Otherwise, you can bookmark my Extra-Life page and wait for updates there. . Thanks! Hope you tune in. https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Daniel-Fu

Catch up here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/dilbrad

Snickersnee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to the 25 hour, "Get Ripped or Support the Kids" stream! This is my first time streaming for Extra Life so wanted to start off with a bang! The plan for my stream is I'll be streaming on November 4, from 8 AM CST to 8 AM CST. On this stream we're following rules set by ya boy Dave 'JosephJBroni' Lang. "Either the kids get paid you get ripped. If you're not donating you're exercising when I do it. Don't care what you do, just do something." During this stream we'll be playing mostly current games like Wolfenstein 2, Destiny 2, TrackMania², Divinity Original Sin 2, and Cuphead. Hope to keep the stream pretty lively throughout and will have things to keep me energetic. Currently I have my goal set for 300 dollars and hopefully we'll breeze past that with ease!

Donation Link

Twitch Stream

No Caption Provided

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KirillOrlov

@hamst3r: Would you mind if I used your trailer/stinger as a before I stream/brb video?

Twitch Link

Extra-Life Link

Damn it's been a while since I said anything on the GB forums!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KirillOrlov
SimplyFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there,

First year participating in Extra Life and I'm very excited. To incentivize donations I'm doing a few giveaways and had questions for anyone with experience in that department.

1. I am giving away items I own and that were not solicited from elsewhere. Are there any tax implications I or the recipient should know of?
2. How do you keep track of entrants? It looks like I can see who has donated on the Extra Life page but I'm not sure how much identifying information will be available to me.

Thank you for the help!

lemonadepack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lemonadepack

Coming back for my third year after taking a year off (couldn't participate last year due to family issues). Going for 25hours this time on Nov 4th, starting at 11am (EST). If i reach specific milestone, I'll do a second 12hour stream on Nov 11th. I'll be raising money for SickKids in Toronto, Ontario.

It will be a mix of new local multiplayer stuff and indie games form this year, plus some old PC and console games form the late 80s and early 90s. I also have some friends who are massive board game geeks and are really good at demoing them who might show up for part of it.

We'll also be playing Jackbox Games from 7pm EST- 10pm EST on Nov4th if you want to join in.

I've got some giveaways planned including some board games, Steam credit, and more. I also bought a SNES Classic specifically to raffle off if I reach my goal.

My Extra Life Page

My Twitch Page

I'm thinking of trying to set up a Discord channel to allow people to call in if they want to chat. Does anyone have any experience with that stuff and has some pointers for me? Its all new territory for me.

adamfedoruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and my friends are excited for our first year streaming for Extra Life! We are a little worried about if anyone will watch, but we are planning well and we are going to play a ton of games.

We're even gonna go through the craziness of making SOCOM 2 work and play online.

No Caption Provided

We're raising money for the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville. We are starting 11am Eastern/ 10am Central / 8am Pacific

Trash Squad Extra Life Page

Twitch Page