• 63 results
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

There's a lot of singleplayer stuff and genre stuff I wish continued on (Freedom Force, Freedom Fighters, The Warriors, AKI style wrestling [cmon AEW!] to name a few) but I'll answer this in the multiplayer or live online sense.

This one is probably premature and all, and it's kind of insane I think this given my reaction when the game was about to and did release... but I miss Hitman 2016's episodic model and focus on live. 2 is a great game too but surprisingly it was worse for that. I say that as a long time series fan who scoffed at the episodic release and live game features at first.

I know they still do live stuff and some DLC but it's not the same.

Maybe for 3? I know 2 was similar so the response will be diminished but it didn't seem as successful to me.

Also really miss all that GB coverage. It was a shame they hardly did anything with 2 (and what they did do was great). Maybe it was being tired of that, or the non episodic release hurt that idea, or both.

@shindig said:

Ninja Gaiden Black / Sigma, etc. I feel like the character action space is missing it.

If we are talking single player stuff, agreed. There is nothing that technical in the space. I think most games have tried to move to simple inputs and depth more in systems and upgrades vs basically having it all like NG at its height.

Problem there though is that Team Ninja still exists, they just are not good anymore lol. But no character action has grabbed me nearly as much as NG and Black since then.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Undeadpool

City of Heroes was the only MMO that ever really stuck to me, and half of that was just how fun and expansive the character creator was. Also the only MMO I ever had a group outside people I knew in real-life to play with after identifying two Cool Cats by their MST3K-inspired hero names. The Task Force (Raids) Missions also threaded that needle on being complicated enough to require communication, but not so ludicrously complicated as to hinge on a single turn.

And I know it takes a lot of ribbing on this site, but I legitimately think the month Divekick had a healthy online community was one of the best months of online play I've ever had. And I'm not just saying that because I had a very good win record.

@nateandrews: I got the achievement for "get first in a round in the last 10 seconds" after I was in 3rd place, killed my target to get to 2nd, then turned around and punched my pursuer to get 1st. The guy who'd been in 1st until the last second was SHRIEKING into his mic in the lobby.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I really enjoyed the Resistance 2 co-op mode. Sad that it didn't returned on 3.

spikespeigel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WWE Tap Mania. I still have the app installed, hoping the servers will go live again someday.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, SOCOM 2 was one a real gem. But, it is enough to say, "SOCOM Navy SEALs 2" was just awesome.

The dead game I miss is Colony Wars. A space shooter with a gameplay that just in-ship missions the punctuate a great story. If they remade it I'd want gamplay that was on a carrier ship. So, in ship missions, but those would be interleaved between on ship 'down time' talking with other characters.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

• Unreal Tournament specifically UT2003 and 2004 - I miss arena shooters in general, but I miss UT more than any of them because it's just the one I played the most because of the weapons and art direction. I miss the sorta low stakes nature of the game. No character abilities, loadouts, team comps, or any of that. Just you and some guns on the map. Go.
  • Tribes: Ascend - My first and only Tribes game. I probably sunk a couple hundred hours into it. Keeping up momentum while skiing, grabbing the flag, and dropping it off without ever slowing down is one of the best feelings in any video game I've ever played. hi-rez let it die.
  • Speaking of Hi-Rez letting things die: Global Agenda. Another one of my most played games of all time. It was janky as fuck, but it had heart. Flying was really fun.
  • City of Heroes/Champions Online - I don't think any human truly stops wanting to be a superhero (or villain). Timeless idea wrapped up in janky, but fun games. Heroes got screwed by NCSoft. I believe the story goes, the game was still making money but not "mid-2000s F2p Korean MMO money" like they wanted, so they shut it down. Champions on the other hand just suffered a slow death (still suffering by the looks of it) because of Cryptic's broken ass engine and the fact that Star Trek Online just stole all their focus.
  • Guild Wars 1 - The PvP/character builds were and forever will be leagues above whatever they tried to do with GW2.
  • Super Monday Night Combat - I remember the devs just going silent on this one for months, shortly after release to, then they announced a new game or something and that was that.
LordLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Marvel Heroes 2015. I miss my superhero Diablo so much, and the 2015 version of the game was the best version in my opinion.

I still see MH in my Steam games from time to time when going over older games to play. Had so much fun with that game, and I easily plopped down over 1000 in it until it closed.

But the big one for me, Auto Assault. God damn did I love that game, and miss it to this day. Still hoping beyond hope a private server or emulated server for it shows up eventually. That game was way ahead of it's time imo, though it did have major problems also I'll freely admit.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Splinter Cell.

Oh man, do I really, really miss it. It's crazy to think that we've gone this entire generation without one. I'm really itching for more.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Ghost in the Shell First Assault. It was my go to chill out FPS and I haven't found a suitable replacement still.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

@nateandrews: I got the achievement for "get first in a round in the last 10 seconds" after I was in 3rd place, killed my target to get to 2nd, then turned around and punched my pursuer to get 1st. The guy who'd been in 1st until the last second was SHRIEKING into his mic in the lobby.

That's awesome. I loved the point swings in that game. It was so satisfying getting a high scoring kill because you countered someone or pulled off a stealth kill unnoticed.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Bonbonetti

I only play single-player, so my contribution is limited to that.

I miss a good-old hack-slash action game, like classic God of War, Dante's Inferno, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Darksiders, Warhammer 40k Spacemarine, etc. They don't really make games in this style anymore, instead everything has to be like Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

I miss the old Assassin's Creed games. I know I'm in the minority but I prefer the "classic" AC formula over the new one that started with Origins. The storyline and narrative felt much tighter, the games felt more cohesive, and you could complete everything in the game within a reasonable time-frame. Ubi will never return to this old style again though.

I miss tactical shooters like Delta Force, Hidden & Dangerous, classic Ghost Recon, SWAT 4, andOperation Flashpoint. I compensate for it by playing x-com-like games and snipers games, but still miss what these games offered.

Western ("cowboy") games have never been in abundance, but they used to be more frequent in my mind. I really enjoyed the first two Call of Juarez games, they were both really good and memorable. I count Bound in Blood among the best shooters I've ever played, it was unique and awesome. I miss that series. The Cartel was no Western game, but was still fun as a shooter, it had some unique gameplay-and-narrative elements. We had Red Dead Revolver and the Redemption series.

I miss Dead Space. The first game. There hasn't really been any game like it to me since then. Yeah there's Alan Wake, the Resident Evil remakes and Evil Within games, which are sort of in the same spirit of things, but I want horror sci-fi specifically. Games that makes me think of movies like Event Horizon, Alien, and Pandorum.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@undeadpool said:

That's awesome. I loved the point swings in that game. It was so satisfying getting a high scoring kill because you countered someone or pulled off a stealth kill unnoticed.

And don't forget: blending perfectly, sending out a decoy, and seeing your pursuer jump onto said decoy from out-of-frame. I got a LOT of fake-out kills in that area that looked like a college campus quad (I'm sure there's some historically accurate term for it).

Mutagen28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really miss Transformers Fall of Cybertron, that multiplayer felt so good. Probably one of the most underrated 3rd person games in awhile.