Best place to follow Giant Bomb content

WizardZedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, all. I've been a huge GB fan for a long time, but lately it seems like half the content they produce doesn't end up on the website. The entire series of Grubb playing through the Mortal Kombat story campaigns, the 2nd season of FNF... Even the last Giant Bomb Revengeance to end up on the website was Nov 17. I assume there have been episodes of it since then, but you'd never know from the website's videos page.

Is there somewhere better I should be going to follow all the GB content? Maybe start watching their YouTube channel, instead of the website?

Locclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could be wrong (I think Bakalar has joked about it a couple times) but they basically said that in terms of numbers, not enough people use the site compared to YouTube and Twitch, so it's not as worthwhile to keep it updated. Plus, Jan's all by his lonesome as a video producer, so it's basically all on him to make sure anything gets posted here.

Personally, while I check the site from time to time, I pretty much watch everything on YouTube now. Some odd stuff is still not archived there (the latest Friday Night Forking series seemingly only exists on Twitch as a "hey, rewatch this old broadcast" sort of thing), but everything else seems to go there. The one main complaint I have is that they seem to be largely leaning on YouTube's automatic archiving, presumably to give Jan slightly less work to deal with, so stuff gets split between videos being actually posted and videos just showing up under past livestreams.

In terms of Revengeance specifically, I just listen to it via my podcatcher on my phone, since episodes of that get posted in the same feed as the Bombcast. The last episode I have is from November 23rd, I presume because Game of the Year interfered with the normal schedule.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still am subscribed to premium so I download the shows I want to watch on my phone so I don't have to bother with loading and buffering as I listen/watch on my day. Sometimes the places I am are just doesn't have great internet signal so being able to download is a god send. For videos not archived here, such as Armagrubben, I do go to Youtube.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's certainly not the website. I don't really know why it still exists.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yiffmaster69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was under the impression that this was by definition a website about video games.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was under the impression that this was by definition a website about video games.

It used to be

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Endlessly frustrated by the amount of content that doesn't make it to the site. I miss so much stuff nowadays.

dwerkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the same boat of missing a lot. I actively avoid youtube and twitch so unless it's posted or linked here the chances are low of me seeing it.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wizardzedd: Yeah, Youtube is the main place for their VoD's I'd guess.

Once again, the answer why is kinda sad: the site has only one full time producer and zero engineers. The site player has been broken for a year now, but it's unlikely it'll be fixed as I think Bakalar has said they've submitted a ticket and ball is on Fandom's court now and they've put GB in the bottom of the priority list.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the website itself is basically only propped up by the forums now right?

The staff don't communicate with us anymore on here, the video played has been broke for over a year, and it's now a Twitch website right?

Symbyosys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Symbyosys

Discord, Twitch, and YouTube are the way for the time being guys. And the site still has the live chat on the site for the streams, and goty lists today.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discord, Twitch, and YouTube are the way for the time being guys. And the site still has the live chat on the site for the streams, and goty lists today.

If only they could let you hide/block annoying people in the live chat. There's one person with a coloured name that talks the most shit ever and I wish I could hide them

tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally just showed up here because I just got a notification that my yearly Giant Bomb subscription is going to renew and, I haven't been on the site for at least a year. I literally only come here to watch ..... let's call it... legacy content, no offense to the new staff.

However! It's kinda BS that there isn't really any more new "premium" content being made, but I still have to pay if I want to watch the old premium content (which I do). I guess I should just go download all the old video I always go back and watch and then cancel my premium?

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@tophar01: That's what most people have done. I think Premium is just for removing ads and maybe some benefits on Discord nowadays. I stay subscribed just for the convenience of having the whole archive hosted for me, but I have a feeling that won't last much longer.

It's funny, the subscription confirmation email still says "Check out our Latest Premium Videos, and don't forget to join us every Wednesday and Friday for Premium-exclusive streams!"