• 78 results
jbick89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jbick89
  • Madness (side scrolling shooter with a bunch of weapons)
  • Area Flat (shmup)
  • Trials (where the modern dirtbike games started)
Stubburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonelsanders21: club penguin was my first mmo when i was in gradeschool and I lived an entire penguin life in that penguin world. i had a penguin home with all my penguin furniture and penguin outfits, penguin friends, penguin responsibilities at my penguin job as a secret agent, and my puffle pets. Chill out in the cafe with the homies and play mancala. I played tons of the mini games too and pretty much had the jet ski/tubing mini game down pat and would farm money off it for hours. That and the downhill ski slope one.

This whole thread has been such a trip for me; so many memories, man i love flash games.

xkkzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By xkkzz
clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Basically every Flash game I enjoyed is a tower defense. Wish I remember some of the more random Flash games I played, but now my brain is just filled with tower defense. A lot you can now play elsewhere, but those included Kingdom Rush and GemCraft.

newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Another vote here for Nanaca Crash.

Kopiok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: I cannot +1 to Nanaca Crash enough. Hours wasted in high school. HOURS! I coulda been playing DDR during that time SMH.

Stubburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot about this one, Maverick, a simple and quick jmtb02 joint; a physics platformer where you can only move by means of rapidly firing your dual pistols. Keep descending through 15 levels full of spikes and gravity shifts.

spacebutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Tower defense games were a huge genre from that era of gaming, and one of my favorites was Gemcraft.

MF_GOON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used to play a ton on Kongregate back in middle/high school. Here are some old faves:

Sonny - turn based RPG

Fancy Pants Adventure - 2D platformer

Age of War - don't know the name of the genre; somewhere between tower defense and RTS

Portal: The Flash Version - I played this game before I knew what Portal was

Amorphous+ - one of my all time favorites for sure. Walk around killing different slimes with your sword while getting upgrades along the way. Unfortunately, takes a bit to ramp up and get interesting, but tons of fun, especially when you get to the boss slimes.

Meat Boy - the precursor to Super Meat Boy

All of the jmtb02 games are fire, but the ones I remember most fondly are Grid16 (I actually think this one would pay really well on a stream since it's so quick), the Achievement Unlocked games (1, 2, and 3), the This is the Only Level games (1, 2, and 3), and Elephant Quest

DoctorOdds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DoctorOdds
oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divekick.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Divekick.

Thank you. What kind of a world do we live in that it takes 61 posts before someone makes this joke?

Also, I second the mention of Time Fcuk as a good and kind of disturbing game, but not sure that it works for this type of rapid fire feature.

kdenicolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bowman is an all time classic https://www.crazygames.com/game/bowman

Stickwar was good too http://www.stickpage.com/stickwargameplay.shtml

kdenicolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh I spent a lot of time playing Kermit Kombat back in the day... its a real dumpster fire of a game

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/17342

I feel like Newgrounds needs to be recognized here lol

VRVikingr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

• One Chance - a choice-driven adventure game, but you can only play it once...
  • Xiao Xiao 9 - a stick figure beat 'em up.
  • Crimson Room - the first escape room game I remember playing.
  • MOTAS - Another escape room / first-person puzzle game.
  • Also, the original Binding of Isaac.
notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divine Intervention was cool back in the day. It was definitely one of the best-looking Flash games.

I think that Water Balloon Drop is still the quintessential Flash game, but I can't find the original one anywhere. Can anybody find a link?

Avatar image for timeoflifehaver
timeoflifehaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a game, but you can still do anything at zombo.com, the only limit is yourself (until 2021)

Bad_Dudes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Candystand.com's mini golf games were fantastic. The quick search I did for them, I wasn't able to turn up a working version, but there's one out there apparently.

joker2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in High school me and a buddy made our French class project in flash... Here it is... https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/214582

I hope you watch it and cringe.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By UltimAXE

https://explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover/

You play through Super Mario Bros. 1 with characters from other games who all, for the most part, move and control like they do in those games. Man, I remember when this thing debuted, it was kind of a big deal. Haven't played it in nearly a decade, and I see that they have added a ton of stuff.

Avatar image for colonelsanders21
colonelsanders21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By colonelsanders21
DoctorFaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Seconding the new, finished version of Stinkoman that was released mere days before the end of Flash.

If you haven't seen the announcement, it's not just a complete version of the original game that now includes Level 10; there's a New Mode that gives you more HP/lives, provides checkpoints, and turns lethal damage (like falling into a pit) into non-lethal damage. Basically transforming it into a game that people can actually beat 'fore it's gone forever.

You must accept the challenge. This could very well be one of the only places on the internet to see an archived playthrough of the complete Stinkoman game by skilled expert video game players.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stinkoman 20X6 is a surprisingly competent parody of Mega Man/Mega Man X. Reading through this thread, I played a fair number of these games but I’m pretty fine letting them go as time wasters I stopped thinking about. Homestar Runner is the only Flash thing that people have brought up that really has a special place in my heart.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

I should also mention Flashpoint has tons of animations, so if you have any of those that are close to your heart (like me with Ultimate Showdown) feel free to drop those too.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Heli Attack 3

I used to spend hours just in the tutorial where I would activate time freeze and cycle through all the weapons while making cool patterns of bullets/fire/rockets. Then release time freeze and they fly everywhere and almost crash the game.

simpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By simpo

@simpo said:
@kidcoelacanth said:

Everything on the Homestar Runner games page

https://homestarrunner.com/games.html

beat me to it :)

Haha, after like 15 years, they finally finished Stinkoman 20X6!

Whoops! Didn't spot there was a second page and this is old news, my mistake

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By TheAdmin
frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering their impact and place in modern games I think Alien Hominid, Spelunky and Meat Boy would be worth glancing at.

For me personally when I think flash game I think of The Classroom and it's sequels, a series of increasingly absurd vision cone stealth games that back in the day signified rebellion against all things school related.