I think we have a confirmed release date, Zach.

• 56 results
glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think someone mixed up the video files and accidentally just put up the game's intro instead of a trailer?

Bunch of nonsense or not, the important thing is that DP 2 is coming out on July 10th. I hope there'll be a site that does a...Let's Play series of this.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, that was...something, alright. Shakin' ass into trumpet player into skulllllllllllll

Yeah, I'd love to see Vinny, Jeff and Brad play through this, whatever it turns out to be.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah that was a girl twerking in weed print booty shorts.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh wow, they're going straight up True Detective with this, huh? What a time to be alive.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The One thing Deadly Premonition had, was a story that staggered and stumbled into being good. Swery has been around the block now.

I do hope this game shows that.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Preordered it the second I got home from work. Super excited, wish good life came first but is what it is

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think i might have to play this

archnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This trailer was drinking "True Detective" then Dennis Hopper walked in, smacked it out of your hand and yelled "Fuck that Shit, Papst Blue Ribbon."

Manburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@archnite: *applause* A truly excellent comment.

I am pleased this game is happening!

And I too hope that someone has the required... Stamina for a Playthrough.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@archnite said:

This trailer was drinking "True Detective" then Dennis Hopper walked in, smacked it out of your hand and yelled "Fuck that Shit, Papst Blue Ribbon."

lol.

I was thinking about this and how it'd be cool if they really did make it a TD kind of parody/take off how it was for Twin Peaks. Obvioulsy a lot you could do just with the first season and that's what most would prefer (I think all TD is pretty good at least, especially compared to most shit on TV). That would be really cool actually.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this thing is out on friday, in case that has somehow slipped past you. My soul yearns for a Jeff&Vinny Quick Look, or if we’re being truly hopeful, a Jeff, Vinny *and* Brad QL.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FK I'm pumped for this

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still bizarre to see its real... and it looks like a real sequel here

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: A QL sure but don't hold your breath for a full playthrough there is maybe a 5% chance of that happening. But I do hope I'm wrong.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#15 fisk0  Moderator

@djredbat: Isn't most of the content right now full playthroughs of games? Super Mario Bros Special, Bloodbourne, Dragon's Dogma, That Shark Game™, lots of Nancy Drew games etc.?

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That frame rate though...

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By djredbat

@fisk0: Yes but there all old games very rarely do they do full games when they come out so if they do play DP 2 it won't be for 6 months to a year. But like I said I hope I'm wrong, Vinny playing Curse of the Moon 2 will probably happen very soon though.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I almost feel obligated to buy this day 1, but that clip looked rough.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By glots

@djredbat said:

@glots: A QL sure but don't hold your breath for a full playthrough there is maybe a 5% chance of that happening. But I do hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I wouldn't really expect one, especially with how things currently are. Or I guess now is an ideal time to sink plenty of hours into a game, but also doing a coast-to-coast playthrough of a janky-ass Switch game would probably be kinda nightmarish.

The Quick Look will hopefully be at least a couple of hours, that'd make my weekend.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SethMode

I have hopes for this but what I've seen just left me thinking, how could they do this again? I liked the first one a ton but it was a nightmare to play... I guess I hoped (and still hope) this would/will be different?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By glots
Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait a few years for the PC port that runs at a solid 20fps instead.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You were supposed to make a Bad game not a Bad game.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oof.... sounds like its time to wait for some patches.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toughshed: I saw a Jim Sterling video and he said when he asked them did they have any patches planned for the frame rate / bugs they said they had none planned in the foreseeable future

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alias: They have apparently walked that back a bit but it still doesn't sound great.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@efesell said:

You were supposed to make a Bad game not a Bad game.

Pssst... it was always a bad game, it was just entertaining to watch. Although this seems to be bad on a whole different level.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did they ever fix the rerelease of DP1 that came out on...PC/Switch/whatever? I heard that was also a technical mess when it came out.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I think Durante fixed it for PC at least, I don't think much of anything was done officially though.

butterstick1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

broshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

not sure this game is pc enough for GBs seal of approval

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll wait for the patch, but I think I'm buying it regardless. The little bits of dialog and npc interaction I've seen so far look to far outweigh the technical mess, but I know that's not gonna be most people's take.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosi83 said:

not sure this game is pc enough for GBs seal of approval

They always knew it was going to be a Switch exclusive at first.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll wait for the patch, but I think I'm buying it regardless. The little bits of dialog and npc interaction I've seen so far look to far outweigh the technical mess, but I know that's not gonna be most people's take.

well hopefully before you start you realize its not just the frame rate people are complaining about. game breaking bugs and stuff are not charming lol

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Can confirm the game is super janky, but boy its got that same old charm. Im enjoying it enough so far. Heres hoping we get another endurance run!

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I struggled through the first one because I loved the aesthetic. I will likely do the same here. Whaf is kind of breaking my brain is the number of people just willing to be okay with a game playing really badly? It feels like arguing about the latter half of S2 of Twin Peaks all over again.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zeik

@sethmode: It just depends on what you come to it for. If the positives outweigh the negatives it's reasonable to be more forgiving of flaws, even if many would consider them massive flaws. If the gameplay was the selling point of DP then I guarantee far more people would be upset. Or simply just not care about DP at all.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I absolutely don't disagree but, I guess I just can't reconcile the fact that they made an already bad game worse and people want to excuse it for the writing. I want SWERY in games, but not like this.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it has become really easy to write off complaints about framerate thanks to.. certain folks on the internet being entirely overzealous about it. You've got better than average odds of wandering into a discussion about unacceptable framerate because it struggles to get to 120 or whatever.

But like.. there has to be some minimum bar you should to be expected to hit, and I don't think it can be 20 on a good day.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@sethmode: It's truly one of the worst performing & looking games i've seen in the last years. Like that open world can't look much better than GTA III did on the PS2, 19 years ago. Graphically speaking. And it sure as hell performs worse.

But at the same time, i'm also sitting here hoping that when it eventually shows up on PC they'll have done a definitive version of this game which makes it decent enough for me to pick up. I'm part of the problem :D

Swery's writing and idea's are worthwhile enough that i wish he focused on making adventure games or point & click games instead of these 3d action games. The action parts are always a chore, the quest design is often not very interesting and the boss design is bad. And what's up with that stamina gauge in a game where you can get around on your skateboard for no penalty and the gun combat doesn't use it neither?

Anyways, It's all about the writing, the relatable goofs (the whole shower-pressure situation in DP2 is hilarious!) and his knack for creating an interesting world.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

What happened to the quicklook?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah, where's the QL? Planned to watch this morning. Saw some comments about the audio mixing being bad but I still wanna see the game.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@csl316: The audio mix was really bad. Not entirely ben's fault as the skateboard effects are much louder than anything ielse and you couldn't really hear anyone talk about the game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@csl316: The audio mix was really bad. Not entirely ben's fault as the skateboard effects are much louder than anything ielse and you couldn't really hear anyone talk about the game.

As long as they have their mic's recording on the side it shouldn't be too difficult to edit in some sound dampening during those bits, Vinny or Jason should be able to do it, dunno who else on the team has the software for it at home - Abby possibly?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were to go on the you-tube review I just watched, the skateboard sound reflects the game.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ghost_cat

@humanity: It would take a bit of time with a gain utility or automation, but I think it's important to crystallize the day-one faults for public documentation, especially awful hot skateboard sounds.