My manic moment with Dead Cells

B_Lee17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't need to waste anyone's time gushing about ALL the things that Dead Cells does so right. But I had a moment with the game that I haven't had with another. A brief instance that made me feel appreciated as a gamer. A moment that made me so overwhelmingly happy that I paused the game and cried(a little). I was engaged with several different enemies at once. I was slashing with my sword, shooting arrows, rolling and double jumping while dropping bear traps and throwing grenades. Having a blast! Then, caught in a frenzy while slinging attacks in every direction possible, I pressed L1. It was one of those times where I knew as my finger was traveling to connect with the button that I had made a mistake. L1 wasn't my deployable bear trap, that was bound to L2, L1 was my one and only health charge. Then I watched as the character pulled the flask out.. and put it back. It was like he knew that I mistakenly pressed the wrong button. I was stunned. I was actually looking at my screen and thinking, how did he know? "He" didn't. The developers Motion Twin did. Because of that small attention to detail I can say that this is by far the most immersive experience I've had in video games.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Gamespot did a video awhile back where the developer discusses all the tiny details that were implemented to make the game more fun. I recommend it here:

https://youtu.be/LtBNffzWhf4

It gave me a better appreciation of the little design things we don't see in games that play well.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Cool video. Explains a lot about the feel of Dead Cells