Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Cells

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 10, 2017

Dead Cells is a metroidvania style rogue-lite set in an ever-changing castle.

My manic moment with Dead Cells

B_Lee17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't need to waste anyone's time gushing about ALL the things that Dead Cells does so right. But I had a moment with the game that I haven't had with another. A brief instance that made me feel appreciated as a gamer. A moment that made me so overwhelmingly happy that I paused the game and cried(a little). I was engaged with several different enemies at once. I was slashing with my sword, shooting arrows, rolling and double jumping while dropping bear traps and throwing grenades. Having a blast! Then, caught in a frenzy while slinging attacks in every direction possible, I pressed L1. It was one of those times where I knew as my finger was traveling to connect with the button that I had made a mistake. L1 wasn't my deployable bear trap, that was bound to L2, L1 was my one and only health charge. Then I watched as the character pulled the flask out.. and put it back. It was like he knew that I mistakenly pressed the wrong button. I was stunned. I was actually looking at my screen and thinking, how did he know? "He" didn't. The developers Motion Twin did. Because of that small attention to detail I can say that this is by far the most immersive experience I've had in video games.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Gamespot did a video awhile back where the developer discusses all the tiny details that were implemented to make the game more fun. I recommend it here:

https://youtu.be/LtBNffzWhf4

It gave me a better appreciation of the little design things we don't see in games that play well.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Cool video. Explains a lot about the feel of Dead Cells

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.