How's your performance?

• 96 results
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I’m on a Ryzen 3900XT, 3070, and have the game I staled on a pretty fast NVME. I’m getting 60 FPS, for the most part, with everything on the highest setting except the two ‘Psycho’ options, at 1440p with DLSS performance.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Zelyre

For PS4 users, I wonder if rebuilding the database would help with some of that pop in stuff. From a few YT videos, it looks like assets just aren't loading in quick enough. Some folks swapped their HDDs out for SSDs or 7200 RPM drives, but the base PS4 HD is what... 5400 RPM?

Don't think it'll help any with frame rate, but seeing performance on a 2070 on a HDD vs my 1070 on an NVME drive, they get LOD loading delays where mine just switches over instantly.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@judoboy: Abby is playing the ps4 version on the ps5, and it seems to perform well.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a patch just dropped that addresses a variety of things, including the braindance effect that uh..could give people seizures.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I think the new patch made the performance worse...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

The good news is that Xbox One X, Series S, and Series X versions seem perfectly playable according to this video. The latter two even appear to hold a stable 30FPS or a fluctuating 60.

The bad news is that the Xbox One/One S versions of this game... I mean, just look at that. Doesn't Microsoft have a certification board? Does it consist entirely of parrots trained to say "Yes, good to go!" every time a game is showed to them? This is unbelievably awful.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I set a 118fps limit and it sticks to it for the most part, drops by 10 or so frames in busy streets, i don't get any frame drops from driving like Jeff seems to.
Settings on high preset, ray tracing off cus i don't like it, 1920x1080.
i9-9900k
2080ti
64gb ram
on an SSD.

chris_sereday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one else getting horrible mouse lag? Unplayable mouse lag? I'm on a 1060 6gb, tried every setting under the sun. Game runs fine, but over compensating for a literal .5 second lag makes it unplayable.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

No one else getting horrible mouse lag? Unplayable mouse lag? I'm on a 1060 6gb, tried every setting under the sun. Game runs fine, but over compensating for a literal .5 second lag makes it unplayable.

I have mouse lag when the framerate dips to 30 or so, but when it's 40 or above it doesn't feel unplayable. It doesn't feel great, but it's not unplayable.

I'm almost certain we're not getting raw mouse input, though. I played some Prodeus last night and earlier today and the comparison between mouse (and even controller) aim in that and mouse control in Cyberpunk 2077 is not kind. Something's definitely off. It might be mouse acceleration, which I don't see any option for in the menu.

ivanetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By ivanetc

@notkcots said:

I just read a tip on Reddit that the GeForce Experience installer has been failing to correctly install the new update that optimizes Cyberpunk. They recommend using DDU (https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-) to manually remove the driver and reinstall it directly. Apparently this has helped a lot of folks get much higher framerates.

Anyone else have any experience with this process? Or can vouch for it? Nvidia Geforce Experience indicates it has the latest drivers installed, dating to the 9th, and my performance has mostly been stable and good, especially since the latest hotfix patch from yesterday. But, always curious to see if I can get it to become any better.

EDIT: After much fiddling around, I managed to do this last night. I think it improved my performance slightly, but not by much. Not like my performance was all too bad before. But I'm still getting some dips down to the 30s and 40s when driving around dense areas. Oh well.

AustDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing on Xbox one base version. 2 missions in I removed disk from console and don't intend to play until I can maybe get a Series X whenever they are available (Which is a separate issue). It is criminal what they released on these older consoles just unplayable. I have no idea what the game is about in the time I played cause I was constantly saying in my head this looks terrible and squinting to try and see what the hell I was conversing with or shooting. The frame drops are unacceptable. No patching will ever fix this mess on the old consoles so don't hold out hope. My advise do not buy even on new consoles or PC as from what I have seen online it is playable on better hardware but really is not what was promised. Car AI, NPC AI, Police AI, no actual interaction in the open world a lot to see but you can't do anything with it. CDPR have shown how to completely trash a reputation in a matter of hours. They don't deserve to be in business after this.

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

5 hours in and I have not noticed any glitches yet. I restarted so I have been playing for 5 hours on patch 1.04 and everything has been great so far **knock on wood**.

Previously, I played the first 5 hours on patch 1.03 and noticed a bunch of glitches, but the vast majority of these glitches were immediately resolved after I downloaded/installed the latest Nvidia driver.

This game is epic so far and I’m hooked.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I've got everything on ultra/high except for ray tracing, which I've had disabled for most of the game. That's been the big performance killer. When I have it on, it seems like most parts of the game will run well (~60 FPS) but then there are certain bits where the frame rate just dives. Without ray tracing, it's a steady 60 FPS all the way through. Game looks great without it, so I'll probably just keep it off. I could probably turn some things down to get the game running better with ray tracing enabled, but... eh, I don't think I care that much right now.

This is on a RTX 2080 Super with an i7-9700k.

LilNatureBoyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2070 Super 1080p RT Ultra DLSS Auto

Framerates been pretty flawless. But Ive had one hard crash.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For PC players, DF put up their optimized settings

Loading Video...

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm one of the lucky few that got a 3080 (just luck of the draw and timing from Best Buy, I pay no scalpers), so I'm maxing it out at 4K. Performance-wise, as in fps and effects, It's great. Performance-wise, as in visual glitches, animation (other than the face capture, that shit is excellent) and consistency, its' meh. This game takes fantastic screenshots on my system but like Jeff said to Jeff, it should have been delayed into next year. I found myself going back to AC: Vahalla after the first day.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By AV_Gamer

Decided to give this game a go, since it seems like the next-gen console versions won't come out until some time next year.

I have a GTX 1660 ti and like most current games with this card, it runs fine on high settings at 1080p, which is what this GPU was mainly built for, to be a solid mid range 1080p performer. But when I try to push it past that resolution or graphic present, the game slows down to below 30 frames. I haven't played around with the settings to see what effects I can turn up and get away with yet. The card can do ray-tracing because of its tuning chip set, but its not an RTX card, so the card can barely handle it and it has no DLSS to help performance. Turned off film grain because it looks overdone and ugly at 1080p. Also the seizure warnings are real. The lighting in this game can be too much for someone who can suffer from that terrible condition, so be careful.

Other than that, I'm enjoying this game a lot. I notice some jank, but its very little so far and not the game breaking stuff other people have been reporting. The game is actually everything I expected it to be. I'm not disappointed at all.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#68  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm on a RTX 2080 and Ryzen 5 3600X, and I'm getting mostly passable performance at 1440P.

I'm running pretty close to the Ultra w/ Raytracing preset, but I did disable the raytraced reflections and turned crowd density down to medium. A lot of the settings seem to have no meaningful impact on performance upon turning them down, so I'm not sure if there's any way to get great a truly solid framerate with raytracing other than just getting a 3080.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By colourful_hippie

@chaser324: A 3070 could handle it. Even though it's basically a 2080ti it has more RT cores than any 20 series which will give it better RTX performance. If you really want all of them on and at ultra though you will want to opt for that 3080. My 2080ti only drops into the mid 50s during intense RT environments and even then I had all RT settings on and at ultra so I turned off RT shadows like the DF video suggested and noticed an improvement. I can't bring myself to turn off RT reflections though because I love the look even though it's a costly 10% performance hit more or less.

BahbBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i5-6600k and a GTX 1080. The game runs fine.

Grain of salt, but there's a reddit post about how the config file is wrong and you may want to look at it to get better performance:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kccabx/hey_cd_projekt_red_i_think_you_shipped_the_wrong/

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I'm on a series X, performance is fine, visuals are merely okay

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

GTX 1080, i7 6700k, 16GB 3600mhz RAM

Before the config file change which recently came to light, I was getting like 35 fps at 1440p. After the change, solid 60. It's baffling and hilariously stupid how such a small thing did not get changed for the PC version, and a great indicator of just how fast this thing was rushed out the door to release in time for the holidays.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By colourful_hippie
No Caption Provided

TL;DR you have until Dec 21st to request a refund directly from CDPR if your digital or brick and mortar retailer won’t refund you. (Console only)

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

R3 3300X RTX 2060 16GB RAM

Medium RT, 1080p

Mostly it's 60fps but there are some nasty spikes in framerate and frame time. Seems like the game doesn't get along super well with my 3300X.

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Game has been running beatifully since launch day for me.

Ryzen 3700x, RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM, on an interal SSD. 1080p on mostly Ultra settings.

Haven't been tracking fps, but always looks smooth to me, even in high density areas. Have not had a single crash after 25 hrs (AC Valhalla, on the other hand, has frozen 4 or 5 times now in 22 hours, requiring me to force quit the game).

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By frytup
Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On ps4 pro I've had 2 crashes in 30 hours and it mostly runs about 30fps, and is totally playable but it does get chuggy in combat.

Fired it up on my base ps4 ye I can see why people would be very unhappy with that, it is really bugging me how many so called 'journalists' and the loud mouth angry minority are bundling all the consoles into 1 'unplayable' tag though, that's just not true. Yes, it should work better, especially on base consoles where it regularly dips below an acceptable frame rate.

Sorry I know this is PC focused just wanted to put that out there.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#79  Edited By superjoe

On a related note for PC users -- I've been playing a stealth-hacker build, and by far the most annoying issue I've had with the game's keyboard controls is unintentionally dodging after double-tapping a direction. This has resulted in accidentally blowing my cover bumping into a guard I was trying to stealth kill or dodging out of cover when I only wanted to get a better view around a corner.

Tired of reloading quicksaves, I was about to give up and resort to gamepad, but that would've made looting so much slower. So I turned to google out of frustration and found out I wasn't alone:

https://www.shacknews.com/cortex/article/379/cyberpunk-2077-how-to-disable-double-tap-to-dodge-on-the-pc

I regret not finding this sooner. The above example simply requires editing two xml files (make backups) and also shows how to make a dedicated dodge key, which I've further mapped to a mouse button.

BoyNukem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superjoe: that was driving me insane my first 5 hours or so, until I started using a PS4 controller. They've mapped dodge to a double tap of circle, which on its own is crouch. God knows why that isn't an option in the key bindings.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarcasticmudcrab: Thanks for the update, I agree with you that the conversation has been either "this is how it looks/runs on a monster PC" or "base consoles are a trash fire". Been having to play Sherlock Holmes in order to find out if the Pro runs it acceptable. Hell, I think Digital Foundry might be the only place to really extensively talk about it even if it was wrapped in base PS4 doom.

Mr_SpaceGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was running so so for me, i7 5820 16gb ram rtx2080ti. It would get some serious slow down here and there though, think the lowest I saw was 47fps. Since changing the memory pool config files I’ve had a solid 60 with an occasional drop to 58, so that has helped out quite a bit.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

@pezen: Its ok but I do think there's an element of tolerance required for it, there are definitely hitches here and there and I did have one large firefight where the audio completely broke down in crackles and distorted mess. I've gone heavy into the contagion build and casting spells route (which gets powerful much earlier than Jeff mentioned in the bombcast if you spec into it from the start) and I have found that has helped a lot as I've usually killed most enemies before it gets hectic and grenades start flying everywhere. I imagine an all guns blazing or a grenade orientated build would be a noticeably worse time. Obviously no game should ever push you in a spec direction based on frame rate issues but there it is.

Moment to moment story stuff and wondering around the city has been fine though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mr_spacegnome: I tried that "hack" and I don't think I saw a meaningful difference even though it should have been a decent bump up when I set it to 10gb ram and 8gb VRAM from what it had before. Maybe if I bump some stuff up to medium now it will continue to stay up in the 58 FPS zone.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarcasticmudcrab: Knowing how I like to play games like this, sounds like my preferences line up well with a less unstable experience if that’s the case. But I’m also fairly forgiving unless something is entirely busted or constantly inconsistent no matter the scenario. Overall I’m getting the feeling that it’ll be fine for me, even if it isn’t perfect. Thanks again!

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

i9-9900k and 2080 Super at 1440p with Ray Tracing at medium. Played around 16 hours. No crashes. Only a couple bad immersion breaking bugs. Usually around 60 fps occasionally in the 40s. Been pretty smooth TBH. I think the first day I had some dips into 30s during some of the visual effects from Johnny, but those have all but disappeared.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By frytup

@humanity: Yeah, the "hacks" out there only seem to be useful for certain hardware configurations. I'm running a 3900X with a GTX 1070, and the memory changes did absolutely nothing for me. I haven't bothered with the SMT fix since I can't see it making any difference when my GPU is pinned at 98% usage.

Mr_SpaceGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it seems to help some and not others. Just for reference I put 4gb for cpu and 11gb for gpu.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@frytup: I saw new nvidia drivers came out today maybe those will help - at this point in mostly satisfied with how it looks and runs. The weird thing is I get a ton of pop in and I don’t know what slider, if any, is responsible for that. Cause I don’t mind lower quality shadows etc but I absolutely don’t like seeing things draw in when they’re half a block away from me.

JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

On my 9900k/2080ti with a decent overclock it’s running very well. I have everything set to max and have found that “balanced” dlss seems to not only look better then “auto” but also gives you more fps. It doesn’t make sense to me but I’ll take it!

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2070 super, ryzen 5 3600 @1080p. Get a minimum 45-ish fps with all settings set to high besides ray traced shadows at medium and crowd at medium with DLSS set to auto. The graphics are just incredible to me. I avoid using vehicles and haven't used fast travel because I enjoy walking the city so much. I've never done that in an open world game before.

Having said that, the last-gen port is comically bad. I think they let The Witcher 3 fame get to their heads, and they bit off way more than they could chew. Happens to the best of us, but it really is bs for a good 30-40% of the people who preordered.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By firecracker22

Been playing on a PS4 Pro, and been lucky for the most part. It's crashed on me a few times, and it took some work to adjust the HDR settings on it to be somewhere that looks good.

The worse I've seen is how some stuff takes some time to load in, really. My brother's been playing on a base (launch, no less) PS4, and hasn't had much trouble either. Though, he's still in the Prologue...so he hasn't sunk a ton of time into it either. I'm about 40 hours deep into mine, though.

There's an interesting aspect with this game that I can only compare to Assassins Creed games, where at some point the visual glitching that the game is going for can sometimes blur the line between the game spazzing out or it just seeming to do so as a stylistic thing. So, sometimes I can't be 100% sure if I'm seeing something like tearing or if it's V having an attack from his biochip, etc. I remember playing some AC games where similar stuff could happen, and it was all framing with the Animus related stuff.

I'm looking forward to playing the PS5 version, though. I mean, just to see how the game will look and play with more horsepower behind it. And I mean the next gen, version. Not the PS4 backwards compatible on PS5 version.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By frytup

Hot fix 1.05

"[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less."

"Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game."

Accurately reflects my experience. Changing the memory settings had zero impact.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay good I'm glad that was just a weird reddit placebo. I made that change just to see if it would do anything and saw nothing at all and couldn't figure out what the hell everyone was talking about.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTX 1060-6GB, i5-8400, 12GB RAM. 1920x1080 resolution, high graphics preset, frame rate locked to 30FPS. On low graphics settings I'm only getting around 45FPS so I've settled on High@30FPS. Good enough for me, wasn't expecting better than that on a 1060.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious if anyone else is having a problem I'm having. So I'm playing the Steam version on a pretty powerful PC. I have a Ryzen 9 3900XT CPU, RTX 3700, 32 GB of DDR4, and am running the game off of a fast NVME drive. Using Digital Foundry's recommended settings, at 1440p with DLSS, I'm mostly getting 60 FPS with exceptions (some areas in the city I can get drops to the 50's).

But, after about an hour of playing or so, the game just sort of falls apart. The framerate will drop to the 40's at points, I'll notice more glitches, the textures will have some trouble loading in, the game itself will literally lurch and stutter beyond normal framerate drops. It's a mess. When I turn off the game and come back to it after a bit of time, like a half hour, it'll work as it did before; 60 FPS 90% of the time. But if I come back to it immediately following a restart, I'll have the same problems. It's so bizarre. It feels like an issue with memory, but I only notice it with this game. Considering the problems with this game, I'm guessing it's a problem unique to this game. Anyone else have a similar issue?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: Yep, there's a good bit of speculation out there that the game has an unresolved memory leak. It's part of what fooled people into thinking that the memory allocation config file was actually doing something when they changed settings.

Anyway, it's not specific to your setup. A lot of people have noticed this. Not much you can do but restart when it gets bad and hope CDPR patches in a fix.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup:

Ahhh, ok. I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the information.