The latest bombcast is kind of insulting.

• 91 results
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

When i listened to the PAX 08 bombcast(i went to all of PAX) i was insulted when Jeff,Ryan,and Alex kept swearing and just being so blatantly "I don't care",it never bothered me untill now but some of the things and opinions that Jeff was saying about what he thought of the show like"people's super nerdy shit" and "what the fuck are you doing" and "im above this shit".Him and Ryan and Alex threw swearwords around like nobody's buisness.I know they have more of loose attitude,but i think they are going too far.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

They were drunk, and you dont have to listen to it if you dont want to.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

I thought it was great. I think the swearing was a little excessive due to alcohol consumption and I think they'll tone that down for future episodes.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Mourne

So, let's see.

They're cursing, you don't like it. Ergo... You shouldn't listen to it.

I'm sorry if you're personally offended at someone cursing on a gaming podcast that has no relation to you whatsoever. That really is sad, and you are in need of a charity fund to relieve this sadness, but c'mon--if you can't take a "fuck" here and a "shit" there, it's time to grow up. Or take a nap.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
TheGTAvaccine said:
"They were drunk.
Here is the problem.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weltal

I enjoyed it. Quite comical to hear the guys get drunk and have Jeff like completely stop the flow of the show to get all crazy nostalgic, god, I was laughing so hard.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By xruntime

Yeah, I thought it was a bit chaotic. I don't really listen to them anyways....just tune in for a few minutes to see if anything interesting is there...

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Lozz

I thought it was amazing, Rich Gallup being back! They had probably been drinking, having a lot of fun. Give them a break.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
Keano said:
"dont listen then, crock wearing smelly german NERD!!!!!!!"

Dude, I kind of agree that he doesn't have to listen, but you're just being a racist jerk!
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Jensonb

I don't get it. The whole draw of Giant Bomb is that these guys are crazy, fun and not as corporate as the likes of GameSpot, IGN or even 1UP. There's nothing wrong with the guys swearing, it's just how they do - I also have to ask just why swearing is a big deal anyway, they're just words, they can't hurt you. If it bothers you, stop listening.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They were drunk, and from what I herd they were praising PAX more than insulting it. The insults sounded like jokes to me.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By CoolDrMoney

I didn't like the fact that they were drinking given the situation they were in. They were already crammed in a hotel room with minimal mics and 3 guests who we were really looking forward to hear, why beg for a mess by drinking so much? I understand they wanted to relax and have a fun atmosphere so why not through back a few drinks, but it seemed to backfire a bit since it led to excessive swearing, cutting each other off and talking over each other, and a generally messy podcast. I enjoyed it, but it could have been a lot better if their minds were clear and they had some structure. I tuned in to hear Rich, Alex, and Matt have a good time talking with some old buds, not Jeff and Ryan drinking it up and talking some nonsense. Next time a reunion podcast comes by I hope they go easier on the booze for the listeners sake

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Keano
Gamer_152 said:
"Keano said:

Dude, I kind of agree that he doesn't have to listen, but you're just being a racist jerk!"

*face palm*
it was a refrence to the bombcase that offended the TC. not racist

Rich said crocks are dumb

Alex said the leipzig people were smelly

and the TC is a nerd
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Discorsi

I read about how there was excessive swearing but to me that wasn't excessive at all.  I was expecting way worse then that from all those comments about it's excessive use of profanity.  I would like to send out a fuck you to those who thought that was excessive.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superchris129

D20 based pen and paper RPG's are super neardy... people who play them know that, and are cool with it.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By ThomasP

I thought this latest podcast was great. A good change with extra guests and the booze helped make it a little more real.

Who gives a shit about swearing... besides Rich.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

What the fuck is it with the people in this forum getting their shit so bent out of shape over a few swears? Honestly, is everyone 14?

Who gives a shit?

When you're having a few drinks with buddies that's how you sounds, at least that's how I do.

And the Germans at Leipzig probably smelled like shit. Who cares?

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
CoolDrMoney said:
"I didn't like the fact that they were drinking given the situation they were in. They were already crammed in a hotel room with minimal mics and 3 guests who we were really looking forward to hear, why beg for a mess by drinking so much? I understand they wanted to relax and have a fun atmosphere so why not through back a few drinks, but it seemed to backfire a bit since it led to excessive swearing, cutting each other off and talking over each other, and a generally messy podcast. I enjoyed it, but it could have been a lot better if their minds were clear and they had some structure. I tuned in to hear Rich, Alex, and Matt have a good time talking with some old buds, not Jeff and Ryan drinking it up and talking some nonsense. Next time a reunion podcast comes by I hope they go easier on the booze for the listeners sake"

Don't listen to this guy.

Drinking on the podcast = much more listenable.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By ThomasP
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"CoolDrMoney said:
"I didn't like the fact that they were drinking given the situation they were in. They were already crammed in a hotel room with minimal mics and 3 guests who we were really looking forward to hear, why beg for a mess by drinking so much? I understand they wanted to relax and have a fun atmosphere so why not through back a few drinks, but it seemed to backfire a bit since it led to excessive swearing, cutting each other off and talking over each other, and a generally messy podcast. I enjoyed it, but it could have been a lot better if their minds were clear and they had some structure. I tuned in to hear Rich, Alex, and Matt have a good time talking with some old buds, not Jeff and Ryan drinking it up and talking some nonsense. Next time a reunion podcast comes by I hope they go easier on the booze for the listeners sake"

Don't listen to this guy.

Drinking on the podcast = much more listenable."
Listen to this guy... BiffMcBlumpkin. Quite the name.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TomA
Jensonb said:
"I don't get it. The whole draw of Giant Bomb is that these guys are crazy, fun and not as corporate as the likes of GameSpot, IGN or even 1UP. There's nothing wrong with the guys swearing, it's just how they do - I also have to ask just why swearing is a big deal anyway, they're just words, they can't hurt you. If it bothers you, stop listening."
Getting drunk and swearing has nothing to do with corporations.Also all the people saying "if you don't like the swearing then don't listen to it",i was just stating my opinion.I think they are better than that I just wanted to let people know what I thought so chill.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TomA
Keano said:
"Gamer_152 said:
"Keano said:

Dude, I kind of agree that he doesn't have to listen, but you're just being a racist jerk!"

*face palm*
it was a refrence to the bombcase that offended the TC. not racist

Rich said crocks are dumb

Alex said the leipzig people were smelly

and the TC is a nerd"

This whole site is about being a nerb you idiot.And it's sad to think that as soon as you aren't 100% pro Jeff and Ryan,that automatically means you should get harrased and called a names.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't believe how much words like fuck and shit can rile people up is used more than once a podcast. I really enjoyed this podcast as it was just the gang goofing around and if you can't appreciate that and would prefer a serious business T for Teen podcast, then seriously, I hate you.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TomA

Mourne said:

"So, let's see.

They're cursing, you don't like it. Ergo... You shouldn't listen to it.

I'm sorry if you're personally offended at someone cursing on a gaming podcast that has no relation to you whatsoever. That really is sad, and you are in need of a charity fund to relieve this sadness, but c'mon--if you can't take a "fuck" here and a "shit" there, it's time to grow up. Or take a nap."

No relation to me?The podcast is for gamers,guess what,i'm a gamer.Also I was at PAX and saw the panel,which was alot better than the podcast.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xruntime

This is ridiculous. I hate how when someone complains about something people just say "if you don't like it, don't complain". I'm sure GiantBomb appreciates any community feedback, so let him post his thoughts.

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

Sid Mier's TITS ahahah that was so funny

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Player1

Well lets face it, wether you like the word or not, we are all nerds here. 

This is video game site after all. And as much as media is trying to make games "cool" to be at a site like this means you have some sort of passion for them. There is nothing wrong with being a nerd. I personally have a gf, play hs sports, have a social life. 

I just happen to enjoy gaming. So don't be offended by the whole nerd thing. I'm sure if you asked Jeff or Ryan, they would both call themselves nerds. 
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

And anyways, they dont HAVE to do a podcast. They're doing us a favor by even having it, and it's not like they have any obligations to please anybody.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tokyochicken

Its odd everyone seems to say there is a excessive amount of swearing in the recent cast but it really isn't much. I mean most podcasts I listen to are MUCH worse than that. If some one is offended turn it off that's all you can really do. If they start restricting themselves so much it stops feeling real and it only gets worse from there. The one thing that's great about most podcasts is that they aren't like a TV show being censored, its an internet radio show. When I listen to a podcast I want the people to be relaxed and casual, if that means they swear then so be it. Just listen to 1up yours, podtoid, podcastle or GFW radio, you think the swearing in the recent bombcast is bad then your going to freak out when you hear these podcasts. The matter of the fact is that people swear, hey what can you do and the great thing about podcasts is that they're free from this censorship.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By mattbodega

I personally subscribe to the Rich Gallup notion that you don't need to use curse words as punchlines(as well as the Vinny notion that cursing is funnier when it's censored with video game sound effects), but I'm pretty sure "super nerdy shit" was said with genuine reverence. I mean, Jeff and Ryan were nearing a philosophical revelation at that point (with Jeff talking about the way the medium has changed and expanded since he was doing all this. The "super nerdy shit" is their way of describing anyone's passion.
Though, again, the wild success of the Hotspot is powerful proof that swearing isn't always necessary.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Relys

We really can't judge them from one drunk podcast.

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nik_NYG

It wasn't even really a bombcast. It was just a recorded reunion. It'll be safe for your virgin ears again on tuesday.

Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Martyr

Oh, heaven forbid your virgin ears.  I like swearing.  It makes things more real.  That's why 1UP has the best podcasts, including the best podcast globally, GFW Radio / The Brodeo.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel sorry for Rich.  It was pretty clear he didn't enjoy it as much as he (or we) wanted to. 

This Bombcast was a sort of discombobulated mess.  Funny, sure, but the guys didn't integrate the guests as they should have.  And that whole "post-panel" excuse is a bit flimsy.  Granted, they were exhausted, they were in a drinking mood . . . maybe it is at that point that they should have used their better judgment and bypassed the bombcast? 

Sadface. 

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By schizogony

After this Bombcast, I don't know if I can keep listening.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pause422
Arkthemaniac said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"They were drunk.
Here is the problem."
Exactly. They'll continue swearing on the podcast like always...this isn't the fucking hotspot that gets bleeped basically for 'damn' it seems. Just it won't be as much as that, they were definitely drunk.
Avatar image for chocobo_blitzer
Chocobo_Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chocobo_Blitzer
TomA said:
"When i listened to the PAX 08 bombcast(i went to all of PAX) i was insulted when Jeff,Ryan,and Alex kept swearing and just being so blatantly "I don't care",it never bothered me untill now but some of the things and opinions that Jeff was saying about what he thought of the show like"people's super nerdy shit" and "what the fuck are you doing" and "im above this shit".Him and Ryan and Alex threw swearwords around like nobody's buisness.I know they have more of loose attitude,but i think they are going too far."
There's already a topic about the Paxcast so I think this topic might be a little redundant. But yeah I dunno, I agree. Sometimes I feel they interpret "casual site" to mean 'we can do whatever the fuck we want" or maybe I have the wrong interpretation, I don't know. Ryan Davis sure is unapologetic sometimes. Though, that is kind of his whole appeal.....

and also, nice job, bomb... ites. bomb crew squad... people. Letting the diversity of opinion flow through the forums! Especially considering TomA's tone was pretty mellow. 
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Listen, I love the old HotSpot shit, but Gallup was a stick in the mud here.

Who sits there with the vodka flowing and doesn't dip in?

The problem really wasn't the swearing (how do you talk to your friends? Are you nuns?,) the booze (that just makes it better, way more relatable) it was the technical shit. They needed more mic's, that's all.

This podcast has more funny parts than usual.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HitNRun

Speaking of which, have they knocked the podcast down to anything approaching a decent time yet? The 2-4 hour thing was cool at first but it kind of got old a month ago.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dalai

It was humorous at times... there were even some laugh out loud moments, but this was probably their worst Bombcast I can remember.  That disappoints me because of the all-star cast.  They should have cut the amount of cursing in half and maybe have some actual news from PAX, but that's just my opinion.

Oh well, it was one blemish on their permanent record.  They should return to their awesome selves next time.

Avatar image for chocobo_blitzer
Chocobo_Blitzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chocobo_Blitzer
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Who sits there with the vodka flowing and doesn't dip in? "

Probably someone who doesn't drink.
whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By whyzenheimer

All of you people whining about a podcast about videogames, that you pay nothing for, and has plenty of happy listeners without you, are really starting to piss me off.  I am an adult.  I drink and curse like a sailor with Tourrette's Syndrome  (especially when drinking and around my friends) and I want a site that reflects that demographic.  That is why I was so excited by the idea of Jeff and Ryan running a site with no overlords.  Within certain boundaries they CAN do whatever the fuck they want, and if you don't like it, this would be a better site without you.  I really hope they verbally rape all of these complainers on the next podcast, it would make my fucking day.

Susan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Susan
MisoRonery said:
"All of you people whining about a podcast about videogames, that you pay nothing for, and has plenty of happy listeners without you, are really starting to piss me off.  I am an adult.  I drink and curse like a sailor with Tourrette's Syndrome  (especially when drinking and around my friends) and I want a site that reflects that demographic.  That is why I was so excited by the idea of Jeff and Ryan running a site with no overlords.  Within certain boundaries they CAN do whatever the fuck they want, and if you don't like it, this would be a better site without you.  I really hope they verbally rape all of these complainers on the next podcast, it would make my fucking day."

I basically agree with you, but would say it with a little less venom.  :)
As many others have said in the comments to the podcast itself, it wasn't intended to be a news program.  It was a one-off extra that was put together for the amusement of people who were fans of the old Hotspot.  I listened to Rich MC the old Hotspot for a couple of years and I was glad they let us listen in for a bit on their  little reunion.  
Tomzombie6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tomzombie6

there were drunk what do you expect to hear.

AnTiPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AnTiPRO

Gah...you know what offends/insults me? People who get bent out of shape because of bad language.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mourne
TomA said:
"No relation to me?The podcast is for gamers,guess what,i'm a gamer.Also I was at PAX and saw the panel,which was alot better than the podcast."
You should have probably read that again before typing that response.

By "no relation to you," I meant you have no bearing on what they do and do not say or do on and during their podcast. Thus, you have no real right to complain. You have a right to not listen or to listen, but complaining? Not so much.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DualReaver

Actually I thought this is one of the funniest podcasts yet.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vaxadrin

I loved it.  I thought Jeff was practically about to give everyone a hug in the middle when he just got real mellow and started going on a PAX love fest.

I think perhaps some detractors might not have that super drunk party experience.  Am I wrong?

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By Rowr
TheGTAvaccine said:
"They were drunk, and you dont have to listen to it if you dont want to."
I enjoyed it, though it went off the rails a bit. You cant expect it to be magic all the time.

TomA said:
"When i listened to the PAX 08 bombcast(i went to all of PAX) i was insulted when Jeff,Ryan,and Alex kept swearing and just being so blatantly "I don't care",it never bothered me untill now but some of the things and opinions that Jeff was saying about what he thought of the show like"people's super nerdy shit" and "what the fuck are you doing" and "im above this shit".Him and Ryan and Alex threw swearwords around like nobody's buisness.I know they have more of loose attitude,but i think they are going too far."

Who the fuck are you to judge their opinions and attitude? Your on their fucking site!

Personally i dont think jeff had the ability to fully articulate his idea's but im pretty sure i understood where he was coming from, having a similar background in relation to what he was talking about.. Its pretty clear you didnt get it at all.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#49  Edited By mike

This is how guys talk when drinking with friends...not sure what all the controversy is about.  You should hear me after six or seven drinks.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By xxNBxx
SuperMooseman said:
"Mourne said:
if you can't take a "fuck" here and a "shit" there, it's time to grow up. Or take a nap."
Yeah, because if you don't like swearing then then definitely means you have to grow up. *rolls eyes*"
LOL yeah i guess Rich Gallup needs to grow up, or take a nap.  When you learn that you don't need to swear to get your point across thats when you have grown up.

Poor TomA will most likely have a - rating (not if i can help it)