Problems with Bombcast and Beastcast metadata?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MVHVTMV

I just built myself a new W10 PC and wanted to distance myself from iTunes.

I just started using MusicBee as my media player (The built in Groove Music is terrible and I've never liked WinAmp, foobar2000 or MediaMonkey) and when adding podcasts I've noticed some issues with metadata. Namely the length of podcast is wayyyyyy too long. MusicBee seems to be reading the length of each episode in seconds, but displaying it as if it were minutes.

I've tried adding them both manually with the direct link to the RSS feed, and with the in-built in iTunes directory to no avail. MusicBee has no trouble reading the length of the files once they've been downloaded though. I haven't had any trouble with any podcasts aside from The Bombcast and The Beastcast, which is what makes me think that this is an issue on the Giant Bomb/CBSi side of things.

I'm just wondering; has anyone else had any issues like this? If so is there a solution? It's not a massive deal, but it's just a bit of a pain in the ass.

Here's a screenshot, funnily enough what tipped me off wasn't the length of each episode, but the total length of nearly 8 years.

No Caption Provided

EDIT: I just noticed that the file size is bugged too, and not just in MusicBee. Other readers like FeedBucket give a filesize of 0.01MB for every episode