It would make me follow the Bombcast more if it had video

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vampire_chibi

If it had video, like Bombin' the AM With Scoops and the Wolf had.

How do you feel about this addition?

I don't think of it as to totally remake the current bombcast but to add the video thing as it's own separate thing, like we have premium bombcast.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I dunno. I listen to every podcast. Why does it need video? Isn't that what UPF is for?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Hasn't this come up before? I'd rather just listen to the Bombcast, I usually do something else while listening to it.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I think it would be cool if they put up a video alongside the audio upload. I always enjoy the livestreamed podcasts from E3 and such.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think there is always room for more video content but I don't think having a video bombcast is a necessary thing.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nah, it's fine if there's some video edited in but it's ok the way it is. They've done a few with cameras and it's a nice novelty, but it works very well as an audio podcast.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wouldn't mind it either. Tested always has the video as well as audio for their podcasts and I always watch the video... just seems more entertaining.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd be interested in seeing a poll of this topic.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Sure, if it's not too much work for the crew. I usually listen to it at work, but if I had the opportunity to watch when I decide to listen at home, I would.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, isn't this what UPF is?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I want them to talk with the assumption that no one can see them. Since I usually listen to podcasts while doing something far away from my PC, video podcasts can sometimes be kind of dumb because it doesn't play properly when I dont have the full picture.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would probably not make a difference to me in the long run even if I might like the novelty at first. The rest of the people in here are right, that's essentially what UPF is.

gazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would never watch a video version. They've been pretty strong in the stance of never doing it to boot.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always listen at work so it wouldn't sway me but I think it's a cool idea. I think it's been brought up before though and I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the duders seemed too kicked on it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

They've said no multiple times and that's enough for me not to want it. Besides, it would lose some of its natural feel; I'm sure there's a pressure to be lively when the cameras are on. There's no telling how often any one of them sinks into their phones during the recording or gets up and leaves or something else and the conversation flows out of that atmosphere really nicely.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No thanks, I usually listen to the bombcast on the go. Even if I didn't, why do you need to watch their faces as they talk for 2+ hours? Also, bandwidth.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is potential for it to be a monthly thing they can put on youtube like the Tested guys do, but that would be the only reason.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The RT podcast became a live-streamed event with a dumped audio podcast, and it suffered for it.

I enjoy the (very) occasional video podcast from GB, such as PAX panels and around Christmas. But generally, sticking to a pure audio format restricts sight gags and references, keeping it much more palatable for the huge number of us who listen during work or commuting.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By mikemcn

I can't watch video in my car, or while doing chores, or while exercising. That's no fun. Anytime they spend making a bombcast video could have been a quick look, which we can't get enough of as is.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bceagles128

Only if they film it fully nude

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258@travisrex

I was thinking it would make it so you could just watch that, it's kinda hard to just listen to something without anything visual on its own.

If you think of it as another video and not just a podcast i think it makes sense.

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vampire_chibi

@csl316: It wouldn't be to replace it, it would be to go alongside it, you'll have the option of having the podcast as it is now but also one with a video feed.

@sarriss Wouldn't more content like that be a good thing?

@selbie That could be an option too!

Alot of you are not for this, i guess it won't happen but i'm glad we talked about it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By Justin258

@believer258@travisrex

I was thinking it would make it so you could just watch that, it's kinda hard to just listen to something without anything visual on its own.

If you think of it as another video and not just a podcast i think it makes sense.

I don't want to just sit and watch four or five dudes talk, though. Who merely listens to a podcast? Don't you do something else while listening? Listen to it while driving to work, while building something in Minecraft, while doing chores around the house, while playing Doom, or while grinding in a JRPG.

It's all up to the Giantbomb guys how they want to do it, all I'm saying is, I don't want to stream video of the Bombcast or Beastcast. Also, remember that editing video takes way more time than editing audio, time that could be spent doing something else.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand where you're coming from if you're not one for listening to podcast a lot during your daily routines, but as someone that mainly listens to podcast while working, a video would do me no good in general. In the odd moments where I don't listen to podcasts as much, such as on my vacation, it could work. Since I have a hard time listening to podcasts while playing games or browsing the web (I get distracted by what I am doing too much and I end up not actually listening, contrary to my job which doesn't require much thought so that's actually easier). But that would be a handful of episodes a year at best, which isn't a good argument either.