Cross-pollination with Comicvine and Animevice?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ryanwho

I was wondering after you mentioned this Animevice thing: there's some serious cross pollination potential here.  Let's say you go to the venom page at comicvine, why not have some kind of giantbomb connection there to some venom game? Bad example but you get where I'm going. These 3 sites are made in the same format and happen to deal with subject matter that overlap with one another all the frigging time. It could just be some tab on each page, and if there's a connection to media on one of the other sites its linked there or something. It could be very meta.
Are there any plans for this at all or something similar?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I mentioned something like this a while ago, and coonce (or was it snide, I dunno, can't remember) said it was something they were looking into. I'll have a quick search to see if I can find the exact quote.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Heres the quote of my suggestion, and coonces reply:

coonce said:

"MattyFTM said:
"Anyway, talking about the different sites, I have a suggestion. I dunno how easy it would be to implement, but I'll suggest it anyway:

You should have a section on the pages (character and franchise pages mainly, but I'm sure there would be uses for it on other pages too) where it has links to that page on other whiskey media sites. For example, Master cheif has a page on both Giant Bomb and Comic Vine, so if someone on giant bomb wanted to learn more about master chief's adventures in comics, which probably won't be explained in as much detail on GB, they could click the link to go to Comic Vine page. Same for the Barack Obama page. He's also a real life politician, so there would be a link to his Political Base page."
Yes, this is a great idea. We're still looking at different ways to approach this. I think it would be a great use of our own API. Just use it to talk across the sites and receive data. The other solution would be to throw everything into one large, master database and have all the sites read off that. Like, I said, this is something that will eventually go in -- we're just trying to figure out the best way to approach it. Great suggestion matty :)"
Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Death_Burnout

well, we'll see i guess, i remember in the old days they said there would be no immediate connection to comic vine on the site, but that can all change, personally i dont need that but hey. Anime Vice on the other hand, sure thing!