Any Anime Suggestions?

• 65 results
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

These are some classics that anyone with an interest in anime should watch. Mostly content for teh 1980s

• Windaria
  • Projects A-Ko
  • Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • Laputa: Castle in the Sky
  • Golgo 13
  • Black Magic M-66
  • Appleseed
  • GunBuster

If I were to pick three MUST watch videos (OVA's) it would be Project A-Ko, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and Gunbuster.

geeelectronica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@monkeyking1969

Thanks for the list will deff check it out, Castle in the sky is a classic GOAT movie, a friend told me about it who doesnt even watch anime but he said the movie was a ratchet banger ! just finished that and Valley of the wind.

Akheera_baloxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Akheera_baloxh

I reccomend reading synopsises, watching PV's and going with your intuition......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im looking for something sad or maybe something with a happy ending, just like Kimi no wa and Tenko no Ko, or something that has really nice waifus, i cant find a good anime so i hope someone can help me out!

School Days. It's only 12 eps!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@vinitbelam said:

Im looking for something sad or maybe something with a happy ending, just like Kimi no wa and Tenko no Ko, or something that has really nice waifus, i cant find a good anime so i hope someone can help me out!

School Days. It's only 12 eps!

@11111110 said:

...I mean, I guess, depending on how someone looks at the nice boat...

Don't know if the OP is still around, though.

boransur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Note. Madhouse/NTV. "I think anyone who loves a good crime or police drama will really take to Death Note.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unironically Cowboy Bebop

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Unironically? I heard that's the one everyone says to watch if you hate or think anime is bad from afar, it's suppose to ease you in...IMO a better ease in is Attack on titan. I know normal fans hate it cause the gore/story...but it doesnt do all that weird stuff (to nonfans) like goofy cartoon faces every joke, crazy hair and eye colors, shooting beams and flying with super powers like superman, etc. I know they kinda do all that but it's more grounded, i dont know how to explain it.

I also think chainsawman is a must, given it's so hyped up.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By FacelessVixen
Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, if you're looking for something "grounded," I'd highly recommend Haikyu!!. I never thought I'd love a sports anime (volleyball), but this one has become one of my absolute all-time favorite animes, and it doesn't get much more "grounded" than high school sports.

Loading Video...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I so rarely watch Anime these days and never anything relevant but I randomly got into Dr. Stone recently, a collision of anime and Bill Nye the Science Guy that really charmed me.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: That's another good one for people who dislike anime tropes or new to it. Plus the story is finished...It goes places from what I hear. The artist is incredible.

@atheistpreacher People love that series. Watched the first ep and though it was cool but nothing i was rushing back to see what happens. I assumed from talk its like we see him go up the ranks, we meet a bunch of super good atheletes, he learns special moves twist it doesnt work on someone, we meet a cast of likable characters, people root for their favorites, maybe an unexpected injury, finals or some contest, we get second place, and I guess it ends with them learning something lol, all off top of my head...I just though ehhh I can pass for now...if its way better than that I'll give it another shot one day. Just assume ill like slam dunk more since i like basketball and i only have space to get real into one show with sports since im an action-fights person. lol.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topcyclist: I'll tell you this. I used to follow the NBA closely and like basketball in general, but have no real interest in volleyball. But Haikyu!! is by far the best sports anime I've watched (second place would be Ace of Diamond, though I also have no real interest in baseball!). The animation and production values are really high (Production IG does great stuff in general), and it's both really funny and very dramatic. FWIW my brother watched all of Kuroko's Basketball, but told me it was far inferior to Haikyu!!, so I haven't even bothered.