Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Wait, Fortnite is an actual game?

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By saddlebrown

And it sounds... cool!

Fortnite is a class-based game with three phases, two of which usually last as long as the players wish before someone triggers the third showdown phase. You scavenge there landscape for raw materials, build up your weapons loadout and erect a fortress and then, when everyone's ready, push the big button and fend off a zombie horde.

If Fortnite's AI director, which may be the most important participant in the game, is doing its job properly, then no matter how much you've built up that fort or your armaments, you'll get a white-knuckle finish.

Source: Polygon

I guess that's one Bombcast beef put to bed.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

There's unlimited time to go harvest and build? The zombie horde comes when you want it to?

In that case the harvesting resources phase will be a repetitive snooze fest.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

I just listened to the bombcast that had the email from a contractor who made the claim fortnite was nothing more than a demo. One of the best bombcast with the whole crew sitting in for once but the assumption was no way accurate. I dont think GI would put a demo on their cover or have such an extensive look, but all in all at that moment it was somthing.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I remember this game being announced years ago and now here it is.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How much do things cost? What are you buying? Is it going to be a ridiculous, obnoxious, and mind numbing grind like 99.9% of f2p games?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There was a podcast with Game Informer that went deep into it with people from the project.

They made it seem like this huge ambitious thing, but all the gameplay I saw looked fairly simple. Apparently they still have a long way to go, so it seems like I have no idea what the scope of it is.

One of those interviews where the developers are patting themselves on the back a lot so it left a poor impression on me.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Crembaw

You scavenge there landscape for raw materials, build up your weapons loadout and erect a fortress and then, when everyone's ready, push the big button and fend off a zombie horde.
    No Caption Provided

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By sammo21

I don't know why I get the feeling it will be riddled with microtransactions. I could be dead wrong, but I get that feeling. Also, I don't have an ounce of excitement for this game, but that could change with meaningful content and information regarding the game. Gone are the days where I instantly gave a damn about a game from Epic.

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@funkydupe: Since there's an AI director, I'm hoping that won't be a problem. Sounds like the lack of a time limit just gives you and your friends time to design everything you want exactly how you want and then the AI director will throw stuff at you that will still be a challenge, rather than you having to rush and potentially have a bunch of unfinished shit because you and your friends aren't on the same page. I can at least see the logic behind that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.