Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2001

The first Final Fantasy game for the PlayStation 2 brought cinematic quality to the series with voice acting and fully 3D environments. The story follows Tidus, a young man transported one thousand years into the future to find a world quite unlike his own.

How do you feel about the Final Fantasy X HD remake?

• 171 results
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By AuthenticM

I'm very looking forward to this game. X is amongst my favorite games of all time. I just hope two things. One, they need to be working on the International version; I want the new sphere grid and the dark aeons. Two, they need to get rid of the low-polygon models are strictly use the high-polygon models everytime. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, the game had two models for every character. One was used in most cutscenes (the high-polygon model) while the other was used for everything else. Here's a comparison:

No Caption Provided
    Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#152  Edited By Slag

Meh definitely not my top choice for a HD remake.

but you know whatever. Doesn't hurt me any by existing and perhaps if it sells well we'll get more of them.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By killacam

@Morrow said:

I can't wait for this, I missed out on its one great FF.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By Morrow

@killacam: I see what you did there.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By mandude

Is this still happening? Any dates? I just embarked on my ultimate replay journey of IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and it'd be sweet if I could get X in there sometime in the foreseeable future.

@Morrow said:

I never owned a PS2

The fuck?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Morrow said:

I can't wait for this, I never owned a PS2 and missed out on all the great FFs. I liked the XIII franchise, but I heard so many times that the older titles were better.

Oh god, I pity you. But yes, FFX is fantastic. The music, to me, is among the best of any game. I do hope they work on the voice acting a bit, however. It got kind of weird in spots.

All this thread did is remind me how much I want this game, goddammit.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Morrow

@MariachiMacabre: Well, I was a Nintendo kid all my life until a few years ago, when I defected to Sony's PS3 because of the Elder Scrolls franchise...

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By Dunchad

@Morrow: Just go a grab a used PS2 from somewhere - should be dirt cheap. During P4 ER I ended up buying another one (had sold the old) just so I could play P3 and P4 and re-play some other SMT and FF games.

But yeah, this thread was made 10 months ago and seeing this thread is the first time I heard anything about this - is this still happening? FFX is still among my favourites, despite everything.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Morrow

@Dunchad said:

@Morrow: Just go a grab a used PS2 from somewhere - should be dirt cheap. During P4 ER I ended up buying another one (had sold the old) just so I could play P3 and P4 and re-play some other SMT and FF games.

Nah ah - I can't even keep up with all the PS3 games I want to play. Buying a second console, especially one from last gen, would be insane. I have a full time job, after all.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By AuthenticM

@mandude: @Dunchad: It is still happening. Square's 1st Production Team has been working on it full-time since January of this year, so it's still a ways off. I think we'll get more info on the game at the yearly Square event in August.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By Dixavd

@AuthenticM said:

@mandude: @Dunchad: It is still happening. Square's 1st Production Team has been working on it full-time since January of this year, so it's still a ways off. I think we'll get more info on the game at the yearly Square event in August.

Yeah according to this article by IGN not so long ago Square Enix is urging people to just wait a bit. They also hint at a FF XIII-3 and say information is likely to be found out soon (which fits with the timing of their normal Summer Square Enix events in August). And with this year being the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy (the first game came out in Japan in 1987), so I expect them to try and announce a lot of things at once. So my expectation is they wait until Final Fantasy Versus has been in Full Production (started in September last year) to properly show something with a lot of fanfare of it and then announce Final Fantasy XIII-3 and what is happening with Final Fantasy X HD then.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By ProfessorK

Fuck Yes!

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By NekuCTR

@Dixavd said:

@AuthenticM said:

Yeah according to this article by IGN not so long ago Square Enix is urging people to just wait a bit. They also hint at a FF XIII-3 and say information is likely to be found out soon (which fits with the timing of their normal Summer Square Enix events in August). And with this year being the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy (the first game came out in Japan in 1987), so I expect them to try and announce a lot of things at once. So my expectation is they wait until Final Fantasy Versus has been in Full Production (started in September last year) to properly show something with a lot of fanfare of it and then announce Final Fantasy XIII-3 and what is happening with Final Fantasy X HD then.

It seems like Square Enix has been in a complete tailspin lately. They haven't been announcing or releasing anything, and have has very little media coverage. there was even a full Game Informer article about their absence from the industry as of late. The 25th anniversary idea is plausible but, do you think they may still be feeling the effects of the earthquake ?

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Dixavd

@NekuCTR: Going by the article it seems they are prepared to mention something relatively soon (at least on the Final Fantasy XIII storyline). So while I don't know the entire reason they are holding things back, I do think it is more do to them preparing for something rather than responding to something (like responding to the earthquake). I think if the earthquake had affeted them they wouldn't be continuing to release new IP's like Heroes of Ruin and they wouldn't have completed XIII-2. Plus Dragon Quest X wouldn't still be set for an August release date in Japan. I think it seems like they are specifically learning from the reaction that occured with Final Fantasy XIII since they announced it so early and (probably due to the normal game development changes that occur in every game) how the game was vastly different than originally shown; so I think now they are holding off to showing things pretty late into development and in the mean time putting the focus on the Eidos games like Hitman or Tomb Raider.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#166  Edited By Hunter5024

I think it's the only game that could be remade that way. Any others would cost far more. They do need to do seven eventually though, there is no other game in the series that suffers as much from its outdated graphics as 7. I'm not even going to get into how popular it is, and how much it would sell. I mean they don't even need to do a highly amazing and expensive looking game like FF13. Just do a combination of prerendered backgrounds with some polygons mixed in for the environments, redo the character models so they are high quality and remain consistent from map to battle, and redo some good cg of the famous moments and boom Millions.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By bobcat1794

@Doctorchimp said:

Or maybe FFXII, but with no Vaan and a retooled and more focused plot would have been great...

So basically a whole new game?

Gringus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Gringus

I know it's totally a cash grab, but I love it when it games get hd rereleases because it gives gamers who missed out the first time around a chance to play old games. It's also nice since it doesn't look like ass on hdtv's. As long as the hd remakes are of actual good quality *cough* silent hill *cough* I'm all for them. I'll definitely check FFX since I never played it on ps2.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Silver-Streak

Seeing as it's not actually a remake(No new resources were used, just reconverted originals), I have no opinions on the HD rerelease. I would love to see a proper FFX remake, though. They could just slap it into FFXIII's engine, for all I care.

I'm with Brad on loving FFX.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Zajtalan

fuck really? just leave these games in the past shiiiiit... but i do love this one

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#171  Edited By musubi

I just want this already.... I never did beat FFX both times I attempted to beat it on my PS2. Actually multiple PS2's as I sold my PS2 and re bought it like twice. I wouldn't mind them just doing a straight HD port of FFX2 either or at the least just releasing the PS2 game on PSN to download. Fuck, i'd take the straight PS2 version of this on PSN I don't even really need the HD upgrade. I just wanna play the damn thing without having to invest in more hardware that I have no space for.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By CL60

It could potentially be one of the better HD remasters. If they do it right, they already have high poly models made for cutscenes.

No Caption Provided

All they would have to do is remove all the low poly ones and replace them with the ones they previously used in cutscenes.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By topsteer

@Binarynova said:

I'd like to see the International Zodiac Job System version of FFXII get an HD release. I've played a bit of the fan translation and it really adds something to the combat system by giving your characters permanent classes. Very fun!

*Edited to remove unnecessarily preachy/whiny FFX rant.*

I've always wanted to play that version of FFXII ever since I heard about it, it'll probably never happen though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.