Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Do you actually want to play the remake?

• 165 results
    L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Poll Do you actually want to play the remake? (1278 votes)

Yes 68%
    No 23%
    Show Results 9%

Just wanted to see a show of hands from the community... Do you want to play a remake of FF7?

• 
    monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yes. I played FF7 at a formative point in my life; the nostalgia is strong with this one.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sure, but I'm not exactly rushing out to get a PS4 in anticipation.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HELL YES! If only they could remake most, if not all of the Final Fantasy series. Next remake, FF8?

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I've never played the original, so i'll wait until they show actual gameplay to decide. I'm not a big fan of traditional jrpgs unless it's Persona 4.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I'm gonna need to see gameplay first. As it is right now I'm interested, but it does need to be more than modern visuals.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious to see how it turns out. I hope they don't fuck with the combat and materia system so much that it becomes a total turn off.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Im absolutely terrified they are going to mess it up but yeah, i'll buy a copy either way, it was my favourite rpg of all time so they better not screw it up lol

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have no want of a remake, but I will probably end up getting it. Played a bit of the PC re-release (got up to RedXIII's village, don't know how far that is) and enjoyed it.

Invo1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HD snowboarding!

JayHala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2020 at the earliest if we're being reasonable here...maybe a PS5 release

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely.

jonnyXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Final Fantasy VII is one of my favorite games of all time so yea, I definitely want to play the remake. It obviously won't just be the same game with better visuals so I'm really curious to see how they handle it. I'm really hoping it turns out well but I'm not crazy excited about it because I know this is a long ways off. At least 3 years away I'd say.

rabincrabmink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Hated it then, would most likely hate it now. Only FF game I've ever liked was the U.S. number 3. Only old school JRPG remake id give a rats patoot about would be Xenogears, but even that would probably be terrible as hell

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This year I realized that of the first 10 FF games I had started save games in all of them for the past decade and have never finished one. Thinking about that and my love for FF8 I decided to go back to the ones I am most interested and finally beat them. This year I have already finished FF8, FF10, and as of last week the Steam release of FF7. FF7 was a fun game to me but I just don't care enough about the characters or the world they are in. Again, the gameplay was actually really fun to me, and this is as someone who has always said that people who say FF7 is one of the best JRPGs of all time are crazy, but I still don't want to play through that again.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaunk: Right, but you JUST played it and that was just a rerelease.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thing is, I don't feel like how recently I played it really effects it for me. I had fun with the game, I will definitely check out videos to see how it looks because I am interested, I just don't want to deal with the entirety of the game again. Don't get me wrong I think it's pretty cool that they are doing this, but it's not for me.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco
    @shaunk said:
    @hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

My thing is, I don't feel like how recently I played it really effects it for me. I had fun with the game, I will definitely check out videos to see how it looks because I am interested, I just don't want to deal with the entirety of the game again. Don't get me wrong I think it's pretty cool that they are doing this, but it's not for me.

You just played the game, what do you mean you wouldn't replay FF7 if you haven't had just played through it, because that's exactly what you did.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: You misunderstand me. I would not have been interested at all if I had never played the game. The fact that I played through it made me more interested in it to the point where I wouldn't mind checking it out. But overall I think I'd rather skip out.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaunk: Gotcha. But having played it in the past you felt compelled to play through it completely just now. If the remaster was out before you had gotten to FF7 replay, you would have played through that completely rather than just the rerelease.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind them streamlining the PHS stuff now that I'm seeing that stuff first hand. Having to tank the first Jenova battle with Aries because Cloud and Barrett snuffed it sucked. Plus I left the Restore materia on Tifa. When the hell am I going to use Tifa?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.