Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VI

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 02, 1994

Formerly known as Final Fantasy III in North America, Final Fantasy VI follows a diverse group of heroes as they fight to defeat Kefka, a megalomaniac intent on using a combination of long-lost magic and technology to take over the world.

Lost in the World of Ruin

Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

This is my first time playing through the game and was wondering if other people had no idea where to go at times in the WoR? I've had to look at a FAQ a couple of times because there is no indication of where to go next in several instances. Just curious I guess, thanks!

Immortal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I remember correctly, a large part of the WoR is trying to gather back together your party members, and you just sort of have to tour around the map going into every town you can until you find them. I certainly did a lot of aimless wandering at around that point in the game, but I didn't mind - it felt appropriate somehow!

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

So here's how I remember it from being a kid.

In the WoR, you just go to all the spots on the map-towns, caves etc and recruit back your old party members. Once you have enough (I can't remember how many you need), you can go to do the final dungeon. Basically, just go around the world exploring and getting all your old members back. It helps you a great deal if you have all of them

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved that the second half opened up like it did. Wander! You'll find stuff. You'll also die when you wander into places that you need more party members or higher levels to survive.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlue

The World of Ruin is meant to just be an optional open world. The idea is to visit all of the places you have been, gather your party back up, and prepare for Kefka's Tower. There really is no "do this first, then this" kind of thing, you can do it in whatever order you want.

I guess V and VI was Square's period of having a world changing event occur, then a lengthy optional "go back to everything you've been to and get stuff for the final battle".

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

The World of Ruin is meant to just be an optional open world. The idea is to visit all of the places you have been, gather your party back up, and prepare for Kefka's Tower. There really is no "do this first, then this" kind of thing, you can do it in whatever order you want.

I guess V and VI was Square's period of having a world changing event occur, then a lengthy optional "go back to everything you've been to and get stuff for the final battle".

I don't think you know what "optional" means.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lost in the World of Ruin is the name of my Emo Punk band.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: I do know what optional means, thanks, and I stand by what I said. You are only required to get Celes, Edgar, and Setzer back in your party to beat the game. The rest of the party members and sidequests, which are like 80% of the WoR, are completely optional. Obviously I don't recommend it and it would be stupid not to, but you can skip it nonetheless. Same goes for V because as soon as you get your airship back in World 3, you can enter the rift and fight Exdeath.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This never gets old. I recommend you get 9-12 party members quite high for the final dungeon since they'll have to split up. It would suck to backtrack the final dungeon to grind some more.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Yeah, you just need to pick a spot and go see what you can find. There is a ton of stuff in the World of Ruin. Also, I recommend switching out characters - the final level requires that you use everyone, so don't leave some guy in the dust, ok?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.