Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Wow, that talk about Fez on the bombcast really sold me

• 55 results
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#51  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@I_smell: The weird meta-layers on top of MGS2's already insane story are why it is my favorite in the series, even if Snake Eater is technically the better game. It's basically a giant middle finger to fans of the first game in more ways than one, especially if you interpret it as a commentary on expectations and how they are in regards to sequels.

Otherwise, the talk about Fez basically scared me away from it, but also have interested me in it far more than I otherwise would have been. I have a lot of trouble with really abstract stuff, which is what it sounds like to me and I feel like using a guide would defeat the point. Eh, we'll see. Maybe when its on sale or something.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By WalkerD

I hope whatever puzzle they're talking about is actually as difficult as they say. It wouldn't be the first time the bomb squad has overblown the difficulty of something (see Super Meat Boy, or the Souls games).

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#53  Edited By ADAMWD

I see a lot of people on here saying that they can't wait to get to the crazy part. But, there isn't a point in the game where it gets overtly crazy or mind blowing. To get the madness of Fez, without looking anything up online, you're going to have to pay attention to every little detail, take a ton of notes, be able to make connections between seemingly unrelated things, and have a good amount of patience. The game won't let you know there is something deeper to it, you have to uncover it yourself through a lot of critical thinking, and perhaps a bit of luck.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By ashleychittock

The bombcast crew did a good job of telling you why you should get the game. If you aren't sold after listening to the podcast then it probably isn't for you.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BBQBram

I bought it because I was so on-board with the music and the art, just expecting a cute little platformer. Hearing their talk on the bombcast got me really excited to unravel all of that stuff myself. I'll dig into it when I get the time.

AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By AyKay_47

And then this week's podcast completely put me off of it, even though I was already in ng+ and was on my way to deciphering the alphabet. The most annoying thing for me was finding the clues (like the dog and the fox), but Jeff's crazy excitement over "revelations" and "new ways to play the game" are what kept me curious enough to keep going. I guess the sunglasses are kind of a revelation. But this whole flying thing they mentioned? Is that what made Jeff consider all the platforming elements trivial? Something that you can never figure out on your own is supposed to make the game more fun and the puzzles easier to solve?

I feel like I was fucking lied to.

I deciphered the alphabet. I was super stoked. I did not want to explore the entire fucking map to look for the key to deciphering the number system. I also didn't want to look for spoilers, but it turns out I needed at least one major spoiler (even though some people don't consider the flying to be a spoiler).

Figuring out three codes is not a revelation.

Fuck this game.

(I would appreciate encouragement to a contrary sentiment)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.