Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Trouble with the Security Question (puzzle glitched)

mikeblais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikeblais

So my friend and I solved the security question puzzle yesterday and he put the solution into his game while I was away, got the red cube, everything is kosher

But today when I try to do it I can't get the red cube to come up.

It IS being solved correctly (spelling vertically right to left, equal spacing between the walls and blocks on all sides), but no matter how I rotate the room or anything like that the red cube will not come and I don't get the "puzzle solved" noise.

I've watched videos online and I'm doing everything identical so I'm confused as the what this problem could be, but maybe it's happened to someone else? The only thing I can think of is that if you go into 3D view on the blocks at the start they're in a perfect diagonal line...maybe they need to be like that? but all the videos I've seen of people doing it don't account for that so I think that might be overthinking the issue

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

Maybe switch the two "T" blocks? I think it matters which one is where in the word.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By onan

I did mine oriented to the door, lined up on the original snap-to positions. 3D orientation doesn't matter, side view doesn't matter. I spin two times to see the back and it worked.

Tommy_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tommy_Gun

The alphabet has actually been translated sideways. This is the correct orientation. Make sure they're spaced apart (mine actually weren't all spaced apart, but it worked). And yeah, try switching the T's.

No Caption Provided
    itsCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By itsCam

@Tommy_Gun: It needs to be solved the other way. From right to left. So also mirroring images accordingly.

mikeblais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikeblais

It was just the T blocks needing to be swapped. Thanks guys! Kind of a silly...bug? But glad it got sorted nonetheless

getting to play without guides has been tons of fun so hopefully that's the last thing that stumps me!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.