Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

New Game Plus: Anything You Need To Know Before Starting

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By konradbm

So I've just 'finished' Fez and want to dive straight back in to New Game + to start with the real puzzle solving but I'm holding back. The Bombcast has filled me with equal parts excitement and anxiety about this prospect. Excitement because it sounds amazingly deep, anxiety because I'm concerned I'm going to be a dumbass and miss everything important.

So before I begin I wanted to know if there's any info I should arm myself with. Do I need to research QR codes? Brush up on my C++? Upgrade my code-breaking skills?

What will I need? A pen and paper sounds old skool and intimidating as hell so I want to know if writing stuff down is a good idea. Anything else though? Compass? Swiss Army Knife? Provisions?

Finally, should I just do it? Just jump in I mean. Not wait for people to give me advice and just throw myself into the deep end and see if I can swim. I'll admit there's a temptation to do this but it's tempered by the fear that I'll fail to understand a lot of what the game's trying to say.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dev.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Sergio

You don't need anything special. Most of the cubes were obtainable before New Game+. When you restart the game, you'll get a new ability that will allow you to collect the rest. Pen and paper may help. Also wikipedia for one puzzle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.