Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

GDC Fez Trailer

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Edgar

I'm pretty inconsistent when it comes to platformers, especially 2d(ish) ones like this. But I won't deny the quality that is present in this one. Comeandtakealooksee. :D OH and its definitely coming out on some sort of gaming platform in the near future.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Instant classic since its very first trailer back in 2007. This is so short, I want more damnit. I love how they recreate the 8-16 bit feel (or less in those monochrome areas) when in reality it's a fully 3D environment. FEZ FOR PRESIDENT.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inkeiren

Interesting, but it does seem to pull a lot of influence from echochrome. Maybe a bit too much.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dalai

I wholeheartedly approve this product as of 2 minutes ago.

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Edgar
    inkeiren said:
    "Interesting, but it does seem to pull a lot of influence from echochrome. Maybe a bit too much."
    Dude. Super Paper Mario.
    inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inkeiren
    Edgar said:
    "inkeiren said:
    "Interesting, but it does seem to pull a lot of influence from echochrome. Maybe a bit too much."
    Dude. Super Paper Mario."
    Undeniably Super Paper Mario is an influence on this. Shifting from 2D to 3D is a great concept. I also feel Echocrhome was an influence.

I see where you're coming from, but, correct me if I'm wrong,in Super Paper Mario, obstacles or enemies were usually the reason for shifting perspective (with a few exceptions), rather than flat drops into empty space/platforming challenges as displayed in Fez and Echochrome. Also, In Super Paper Mario, you basically could switch from 2D to 3D. In Fez and Echochrome, once you change your camera angle you are back in 2D. In Fez and Echochrome, you are only in 3D for that split second that you are actively changing the camera angle.

I know that was oddly worded, it's late where I am.

I could be completely wrong. Just my two cents.
    Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Edgar
    inkeiren said:
    "Edgar said:
    "inkeiren said:
    Dude. Super Paper Mario."
    Undeniably Super Paper Mario is an influence on this. Shifting from 2D to 3D is a great concept. I also feel Echocrhome was an influence.I see where you're coming from, but, correct me if I'm wrong,in Super Paper Mario, obstacles or enemies were usually the reason for shifting perspective (with a few exceptions), rather than flat drops into empty space/platforming challenges as displayed in Fez and Echochrome. Also, In Super Paper Mario, you basically could switch from 2D to 3D. In Fez and Echochrome, once you change your camera angle you are back in 2D. In Fez and Echochrome, you are only in 3D for that split second that you are actively changing the camera angle.I know that was oddly worded, it's late where I am.I could be completely wrong. Just my two cents."
    Sir, you make very good points. I apologize if I came off as a little blunt, you have proven your point well.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Deusoma

It reminds me less of Echochrome and more of this old PSP puzzler called Crush, which was all about going from 3D to 2D to solve puzzles.

VincentLonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By VincentLonga

DEAR GIANT BOMB FORUMS, I COME FROM THE FUTURE. FEZ WILL NOT RELEASE UNTIL 2012, GIANT BOMB WILL RETURN TO THE GAMESPOT OFFICES AND NEW COKE IS STILL BAD.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jking47

Gotta love the bolded "near" in the OP

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.