Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Collected an artifact, now my game is broke (SPOILERS)

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alexpiercey

Hey guys, I was in the observatory, following wizpig64's hints to get the artifact (at least I presume it is an artifact), and ended up breaking my game. I entered my code in, the artifact chime played, and it popped up on the end of the telescope. I picked it up and looked in my inventory. To my surprise, there was nothing in the last remaining space under the artifact page. I clicked on the empty space, and my game crashed to the dashboard. I have repeated this two times with the same results. Is anybody else having a problem like this?

Also, I can enter the code again, and the chime will still play. If you guys picked up the artifact successfully, can you get the chime to play again?

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Barrabas

The thing you get in the observatory is not one of the four main artifacts that appear in your inventory so that's normal. Your little helper should have mentioned something about not knowing what it is. The crashing however should definitely not happen.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alexpiercey
    @Barrabas What is supposed to happen after I pick the thing up?
    mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By mscupcakes

I think clicking on the empty space and the game crashing have nothing to do with the piece you picked up. Nothing happens after you pick it up, but you can find a couple more like through the game and once you collect all of the cubes you'll realise what they are/

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Bollard

@Barrabas said:

The thing you get in the observatory is not one of the four main artifacts that appear in your inventory so that's normal. Your little helper should have mentioned something about not knowing what it is. The crashing however should definitely not happen.

@Sgtpierceface: I got another one of these things (I assume its the same as the observatory one, I haven't done the observatory one yet though - I got a thing that the helper said he didn't know what it was from the Security Question puzzle (if you don't know what that is, I won't say anymore)). But I can also confirm, clicking on an empty artefact space causes a crash to dashboard. I clicked in the 3rd slot (I have 2 main artefacts) and it crashed. 4th did not crash the game.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By alexpiercey

@Chavtheworld: @mscupcakes: @Barrabas: Ok, thanks for the help everyone. I thought I got completely screwed over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.