Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 76

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A spin-off of the post-apocalyptic Fallout series, bringing the series' traditional role-playing shooter mechanics to an always-online multiplayer world in 22nd-century Appalachia.

The good side of Fallout 76

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By imchardo

Let me offer an unpopular opinion. I'm enjoying fallout 76. I'm not blind to its faults, but there is still much to enjoy in this world for me.

For instance:

I've built a wooden shack I use as my base, where I keep crafting tables, a bed, and my stash. I return there after adventuring to drop my junk, repair my weapons and armor, and rest up. It's a flimsy little shack, but it's surrounded by turrets for protection from the local fauna.

The other day, inside my shack, I was getting ready to sort through my junk when I heard my turrets go off. TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT. I stopped what I was doing and listened. Distant roaring getting louder. Something huge and scary came, roaring loud, and worked its way slowly and noisily around my shack. All my turrets were going crazy. I stood still and followed the sounds as it stomped around back and around the side, taking out my turrets one by one. I turned in place and followed it as the turrets went silent and it came around the front. I stared at the front door and spoke out loud, with genuine dread "Don't come in, don't come in." Then the door FUCKING CREAKED OPEN and light spilled in the cabin and this massive fucking fire spitting fish man, an Angler, started to come in. It was so beat up by my turrets that I took it out with a couple of shotgun blasts but still, I was immersed enough that there were a few intense moments of genuine fear.

That was pretty awesome.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah palpable fear happens quite often actually in FO76, which is a ton of fun, especially in co-op, and it can get damn hairy and intense in some of the tougher locations. Obviously this game was written off by this community a long time ago, and by a lot of people in general, to be fair. But new content is flowing in regularly and the dev team have continued to improve the game in a myriad of ways, so I keep going back. Servers are full and every time I play I see newbies in droves, so the game is very much alive and kicking.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did they change the chest inventory size i remember it being a hassle try to stock up on your favorite weapon, I kinda enjoyed the exploration in set game but that was it.

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake:

They doubled the original stash limit from 400 to 800 lbs. That helps, but weight management remains an irritant and something I constantly need to monitor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.