Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 02, 2015

Earth Defense Force 4.1 is a remake of Earth Defense Force 2025 for the Playstation 4, featuring new content and remastered visuals.

EDF 4.1 General Discussion

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

There isn't anything in this forum so I thought I would make a general topic for the game. Who has it? What do you think? Ect.

I'm loving it. All the upgrades they have done are fantastic. The online is still annoying to deal with.

Overall though it's great.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By killroycantkill

I've bought it, but I haven't opened it yet. I have a really bad habit of starting a bunch of games and not finishing any of them for a long time. So after I finish Xenoblade Chronicles X I'll definitely be getting to this.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

@killroycantkill: for me edf is the game I go back to in between big releases. After all the requirements for 100% completion in edf games are staggering. Nearly 100 missions 4 characters 5 difficulties so like 2000 mission combinations. The platinum trophy seems impossible.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@devil240z: Yeah EDF has been notorious for that in the past too. But I already have my "in between blockbuster releases game" which is late game Disgaea 5. So I actually wonder when I'll get to playing this lol.

TonyBlue87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TonyBlue87

I'm holding my breath for that Steam release. I absolutely love the EDF games, warts and all, so the chance to play the best one in the series at 60FPS without having to go out and buy a PS4 would be an absolute blessing. EDF 2025 made #7 in my Top 10 last year; I will happily pay for an even better version and commit another 100+ hours to it.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hope it'll come out in europe eventualy.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: it will. The publisher is dealing with a final paperwork type stuff before the physical copies go into production.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: Great to hear! Thought it was kinda weird pqube hadn't even announced a date yet but I might have missed something.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By SubwayD

Got the one-two punch of delays, being from Europe and holding out for the PC release.

Failing that, the PS4 is standing ready for imports.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having so many characters makes these games so overwhelming! I mean I'm probably making it harder than it needs to be cause the Fencer and Air Raider just aren't viable for solo play. So really its just the Ranger and the Wing Diver. I really just need to stick with one and go through the whole game. But I keep switching characters to keep their progress similar. So I'm trying to beat each mission with each character before moving on to the next mission. So Ive only done like 4 missions.

I wonder if there will be a QL of this game. I think I only really trust Austin to do it in a respectful manner.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been playing this in between bigger games too. Mainly focusing on the Ranger since I probably wont play much multiplayer. I did do a couple of mission with 2 Wing Divers and it was super fun! We were doing missions up the the first(?) mother base fight, which is around where I got stuck on singleplayer. I didn't play much of 2025 so I've never seen this far ,but man shit got intense!

Also the better framerate is great.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

I'm looking to do some coop if anyone wants to add me on psn. I'm usually on earlier in the day pst.or absurdly late. But rarely during prime time. Too bad it's not out in Europe yet.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Devil240Z

I have been playing a ton of wing diver. Just got over 1k armor.

Polekat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Polekat
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

They should include a "console performance" framerate option for the authentic experience.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I've put so much time in on ps4. I kinda want the pc version so I can cheat like crazy.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I've been playing this on PC for the past few days, and it's wild how certain weapons (I might even argue certain classes too) seem to make everything else feel COMPLETELY useless.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I just got this game and haven't played it yet. It looked like stupid fun of gigantic proportions, so I hope that's what I get! I might want to try co-op if people are somehow miraculously interested in that.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: Im interested if you are on ps4 ! My p4 crashed a while back. I was like 30-40 hours in but the crash wiped my save and theres very little chance Im gonna start all over on my own very soon. Co-op is the best though Do you live in the US or Europe? Im in Europe.

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: Im interested if you are on ps4 ! My p4 crashed a while back. I was like 30-40 hours in but the crash wiped my save and theres very little chance Im gonna start all over on my own very soon. Co-op is the best though Do you live in the US or Europe? Im in Europe.

Sadly I'm in the US. That sucks about your save file.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: aren't the servers crossregion though ? I couldve sworn I've played with americans before...Must be mistaken I guess.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add me on PSN, always down for EDF co-op. Just let me know you're a duder.

Optimal-Power

shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: I'm mostly referring to time differences. I dunno what your schedule would be like. We could try it, tho. I have no microphone of any kind, but I doubt this game requires much in the way of tactics. PM me your PSN name if you want.

@optimalpower Alright, I'll add you in a few minutes.

Let's get this going on! EDF! EDF!

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALRIGHT EDF EDF EDF EDF

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.