Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2016

Concept »

The twenty-second annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 14-16, 2016 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but are there no E3 podcasts?

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fwitness

I see all the videos but I'd much rather have a podcast. In past years there would be the antic-filled wrap-up podcasts with guests that I could listen to on the go. It's much easier to go through hours of content while I'm doing other things rather than sitting down to watch videos.

Are we going video only this year or am I just missing where they are at?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, it's a bummer - I don't recall them taking so long in years past.

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bwheeeler: So you're thinking these exist but they're just still editing? I'm fine with that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@fwitness said:

@bwheeeler: So you're thinking these exist but they're just still editing? I'm fine with that.

They've only done one day so far, they're in the middle of the day 2 show right now. It hasn't even been 24 hours since they finished last night's show. They'll get audio versions out at some point.

ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I Find it hard to imagine what with the live bombcasting starting soon that they would choose to do ONLY video... but stranger things have happened down in CBSi... like hiring Dan...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't upload these until the shows over I thought. Usually they post them in podcast form on Friday. I don't really remember them being put up while the shows were going on, because during the day they are all out looking at stuff. Then doing the shows at night.

ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ender_obitus

@ll_exile_ll: for many EIII now those casts are up in the wee hours after the live show finished... take from that what you will.

you can go back and see them posted around 12am to 2am for years.

mfunk9786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm traveling over the next few days and it is a huge bummer if these aren't happening.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I do prefer to work while listening to the podcast, but the video is a bit too distracting.

Avatar image for deactivated-592be1c2327fc
    deactivated-592be1c2327fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came here for this topic . Been checking the website for the first time in literally months, just looking for them.

#Weed3

mfunk9786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It uses too much cellular data to run a video while I'm driving in the car - and on iPhone there aren't a ton of great options for downloading and storing the video shows without the aid of a separate computer. Here's hoping they haven't abandoned the podcast format for these, I look forward to them every year.

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfunk9786: Yeah, the other advantage to audio is bookmarking. With video I need to load up a web-browser and if I don't finish it, load it up at some other time, remembering where I am. With a podcast I just download the whole thing, and pause and resume at my leisure. You can download the videos of course, using a variety of methods, but it's just not as convenient.

I support GB whole-heartedly, so I'm looking forward to the content. It's just weird since as I get older they are kind of the only source of gaming news I listen to. So E3 is a few days in and I literally have no idea what's going on. I browse a few other sites but I'm not as big a fan of their style or opinions, so GB is really my source for news.

Maybe it's just that E3 isn't really breaking the surprising news that it once did.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

The longer it takes to upload the less likely I'll listen. Sure it takes time, but I don't have a lot of time to give and by the time they release their podcasts (if they do) I'll have moved onto something newer. I would probably just look at the guests and jump around the audio, which I hate doing but whatever.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I remember a previous year where it took them til almost after E3 to upload all the audio versions. Audio is pretty important for me. I have a 1 hour (each way) commute for work, so audio works really well. Kinda hard to watch a video feed while driving. I'll listen to them even post e3 as I listed to every podcast from the Bomb Crew, but it's nice to be up to date with the conversation. Watching them talk over Press Conferences is my favourite E3 video content.

Man, remember the skungy LA House they used to rent for the e3 podcasts? Good times.

Stefanten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ender_obitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT'S LIVE!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Be patient guys. Don't forget that some of the same people doing the talking also have to do all the editing to get that stuff up. They do need to sleep at some point!

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a previous year where it took them til almost after E3 to upload all the audio versions. Audio is pretty important for me. I have a 1 hour (each way) commute for work, so audio works really well. Kinda hard to watch a video feed while driving. I'll listen to them even post e3 as I listed to every podcast from the Bomb Crew, but it's nice to be up to date with the conversation. Watching them talk over Press Conferences is my favourite E3 video content.

Man, remember the skungy LA House they used to rent for the e3 podcasts? Good times.

The USC college house was amazing and cozy! The 2012 Haunted House, not so much.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Also hoping for podcasts since I listen when I bike to work. I don't have time to watch at home.

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now the first one is up. :) Probably just took a bunch of time to edit.

Awesome and thanks to the team!

fwitness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now day 2 is up! Now we can be content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.