Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

Multiplayer experience and server stability

WeezerPipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm sure as reviews roll out we'll get a better feel for how the online co-op holds up. What I'm wondering is if anyone has had any luck playing with friends online yet and what their thoughts were on that experience. Was there any jank introduced from poor network code or lag? Does the game scale difficulty based on how many people are in the game world? Is story progress achieved in multiplayer something that carries over back into your own single player campaign? Was it way more fun co-op?

Stuff like that :) Thanks!

mendia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A friend and I have been trying to play coop with not a lot of success. Every 10-15 minutes my friend's game crashes and they get an 'CE-34878-0' error. We looked it up and it seems to be a common error. It's pretty frustrating given we bought the game solely to play it together.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vahleticar

I had a great time playing with a dude from california and germany, I'm in the UK. No real server or lag issues that were out of the ordinary. I didn't notice any scaling but its possible, the amount of zombies in that game is huge to begin with. Online is a toggle, you get one character and he levels up and progresses the same offline or online, there's really no difference there. Yeah a ton of fun! Yeah i crashed too, twice infact within the space of an hour out of about 30hrs of gameplay over the last few days, so not bad. Same error code too

EDIT I should add I was playing on PS4

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dezztroy

I've been playing coop with two friends and it's been an almost flawless experience. Outside of one of them having a crash after a 5-hour session, there haven't been any problems.

I'm in Europe, they're in the US and Canada, haven't noticed any problems from latency. This is on PC, by the way.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm playing on Xbox One and ill be honest, this game is incredibly fun and Coop runs Fantastic and is super fun with a buddy.

After messing around with the PC version I was scared the Xbox One version would look/run like shit (Because pumped up on the PC it looks real nice) but it holds up really well. The game is so much fun to just Play and the combat is better than people give it credit for where you aiming 100% matters.

WeezerPipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sounds like it's worth picking up! I just watched the co-op quicklook and that pretty much tipped the scales in favour of buying the game now rather than later. Lucky for me and my wife, we only need to purchase one copy digitally between the two of us on PS4 thanks to the primary console option.

Thanks for the replies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.