Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

Dying Light weapon decay getting you down? Mod it!

• 52 results
    NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@scottg13: Yep for me now weapons are lasting a little too long now. I don't really wanna scrap them when I've already modified and upgraded them but between the increased durability perk and the one that gives you 50% chance at a free repair, it's starting to get to the point where by the time I'm done with a weapon I'm finding a bunch of weapons that are at least 40-60 damage higher unmodified. Not to mention pretty much all the zombies start dying in a single hit so I'm not using much durability in the first place.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

With the skill perks you dont really have that much of a problem when it comes to the durability of the weapons. Also by the time that a weapon becomes useless you usually have so many new weapons to use that you dont really miss the old one. Especially since the new weapons usually have better stats than the old weapon that you have been using.

By the end of the game I had several unused weapons sitting in my inventory since the 4 weapons that I was using usually lasted a long time.

Though I am not really a fan of removing the durability factor from weapons since to me its an essential part of playing the game. It forces you to seek out better weapons. It would be a tad boring to be able to use the same weapon throughout most of the game. One kinda appriciates the good weapons more when they can be used for a limited time only.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Techland is preparing another patch to re-enable modding.

Guys - if you don't want to mod your game, that's great. The purpose of this topic isn't to discuss whether you think people should mod their copy of Dying Light or not, it's a tutorial for those who wish to do it. Comments about not thinking modding is necessary or appropriate are irrelevant here. Thanks.

Thrustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@krullban said:

Why do games like this insist on doing weapon decay when almost nobody likes it?

It also makes no sense to have a knife explode after killing a couple of zombies with it.

Totally agree. I've been cutting up whole chickens for years with my 10" steel chef knife and it hasn't "decayed". Maybe I have to sharpen it once a month. I just wish the developers would make game mechanics like this less obtrusive. These weapons fall apart way too fast and it is obnoxious. I feel like someone should make a video and send it to Techland to prove how silly it is. I'm thinking something along the lines of Rocky punching sides of beef, but with a water pipe instead of fists.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By a_e_martin

So, is this supposed to be working now? I thought they patched modding back in, but the method suggested here doesn't seem to be working for me.

EDIT: Anyone? @mb ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.