Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

Developer Supporting Dying Light For Another Year w/Free DLC

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

Techland has announced that they are going to be fully supporting Dying Light for another 12 months with free DLC with"...10 drops to include new enemies, in-game events, mysteries and more." I think this is fantastic for anyone who is just getting into the game fresh but I feel a little bummed considering I was hoping to see a Dying Light 2 announcement this year.

The first Dying Light was a much needed improvement over the, in my opinion, not that great Dead Island series. The inclusion of parkour, the day/night cycle, the updated crafting system, and the open world all created a game that really surprised me by how much I enjoyed it. Even the inclusion of the buggies in the DLC were pretty fun.

Are there still any duders out there playing Dying Light? If not, will this year of free DLC bring you back to the game at all?

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-24-dying-light-still-so-popular-its-getting-another-year-of-free-dlc

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Dying Light was incredibly fun it was like Dead Island but fun. I haven't touched it since I initially finished but I might give it a second playthrough once they start adding the free DLC.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed that game way more than I thought I would. It's tough to make a zombie game that isn't trash. I bought the expansion pack for it in the Steam sale this year, so I'll probably go back to it sometime in the next few months. Cool to hear they are still adding stuff.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I overlooked it. Might pick it up next time it's on sale, just so many games to play through yet.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Well, that's awesome. I'm still probably never gonna finish this game because the night cycle in it triggers my anxiety somethin fierce...but still, that's awesome. Good on 'em.

I heard it's not so bad after the first night, which was what made me stop playing, so maybe I'll go back one day. Maybe.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've tried the demo on two separate occasions and really hated it both times. I do like this new trend of releasing free DLC to encourage sales over nickel and diming people with useless crap, though.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#7  Edited By sammo21

@babychoochoo: Honestly, you can largely ignore the night cycle entirely. I mostly did outside of going for achievements or when the game forces you into the night cycle on a mission (which happened like...2 times, maybe 3). There are so many safe houses around that you can always get to one and simply "sleep" through until daylight.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought this back in the day, but didn't finish it for some reason. I liked the park-our and some of that 70's horror movie music really did wonders to the atmosphere, but eh. Maybe I stopped because of the bad/lame characters and the boring story.

But I appreciate Dying Light, since it gave us this wonderful moment.

Loading Video...

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21: I am still playing Dying Light although that is because I picked it up late as part of a Steam sale and only play co-op with a mate so we make slow progress. I agree with the sentiment that it was a better, more interesting version of Dead Island.

It is very cool that they continue to support it. I don't think that would get me to come back if I had been done with the game for some time but it is still cool.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really cool, can't wait to see what their next game is.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand, it's awesome that a dev is supporting their game in a dedicated manner while also making it free.

That said, didn't this game come out like 3 years ago? When I played it I didn't get the impression it was a game that would have that long tail a gameplay wise. It was very solidly in the "good not great" category for me. I enjoyed my time with it, but didn't really feel compelled to go back.

AdamALC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AdamALC

@glots: I enjoyed the game but that quick look moment is still my favorite part of it all.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might have to pick this up for the Xbox. Really dug the game on PC but I’ve since sold my PC and need something to dive into. Didn’t get far previously so this seems like a good excuse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just a want a sequel it's nice that they are still supporting it though.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Looks like the first content drop is out now:

Loading Video...

I guess some people are mad that you need to sign up for something called Gemly in order to get one of the guns, outside of Steam. Some of the Steam community forums are crazy, with people asking Steam to remove the game entirely because of it, which is...special. It doesn't look like Dying Light does real well with ultrawidescreen, unfortunately (all of the conversation cutscenes cause my monitor to flicker on and off), but maybe I'll try it again in a windowed 16:9 mode.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Still really disappointed Dead Island 2 and Hellraid never panned out, but this game was pretty damn good. Glad they're still supporting it. Next time it comes up on sale on Steam or Humble, I think I'll double dip and pick it up on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.