Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 27, 2004

The eighth main entry in the Dragon Quest franchise. It was the first game in the series to utilize a full 3D environment and featured a cel-shaded graphics style which would become standard for all future games in the franchise.

First Blog post!!! Talk "old" games

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By JCGamer

Yo guys.  Love the site.  Anyway, for the past few months I've been getting into "old" games.  By "old", I mean games that came out like, last year or so.  And I have to say--I'm loving it.  While I have plowed through some newer games like Prince of Persia, and Gears 2, I found the most fun I'm having is with good games that I missed the first time around.  I finally went through God of War 2--verdict:  Great Game!!!  I can't wait for GOW 3 for the old PS3 to come out.  Orange box for the 360--man, I loved Half life 2, and just never got around to this game when it came out and man, it is really terrific.  Burnout Paradise:  as a long time Burnout fan, I wasn't too interested in the "open world" thing, and the lack of a event restart made this game a "no buy", but after they put out the event restart patch, I caved--helped that the game was 20 bones.  Anyway, love the game.  Crashing through gates/billboards is more fun than I thought I would be, love the road rage mode, the races kind of piss me off (keep going the wrong way), but damn, the game is addictive.  Well the next game I'm going to play is Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 (on the old 80 gig PS3).  I was thinking of getting the DQ IV/V remakes on the DS, but then I realized that playing a 40+ game on the DS would be torture for me.  So, I'm going with DQ VIII--loved the art style, loved Dragon Warrior I and II back on the NES, so I'll give this a shot.   Of course not all new games are bad-SFIV is giving me some of the most fun I've had in years!!!!

Rock
    JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

Yo guys.  Love the site.  Anyway, for the past few months I've been getting into "old" games.  By "old", I mean games that came out like, last year or so.  And I have to say--I'm loving it.  While I have plowed through some newer games like Prince of Persia, and Gears 2, I found the most fun I'm having is with good games that I missed the first time around.  I finally went through God of War 2--verdict:  Great Game!!!  I can't wait for GOW 3 for the old PS3 to come out.  Orange box for the 360--man, I loved Half life 2, and just never got around to this game when it came out and man, it is really terrific.  Burnout Paradise:  as a long time Burnout fan, I wasn't too interested in the "open world" thing, and the lack of a event restart made this game a "no buy", but after they put out the event restart patch, I caved--helped that the game was 20 bones.  Anyway, love the game.  Crashing through gates/billboards is more fun than I thought I would be, love the road rage mode, the races kind of piss me off (keep going the wrong way), but damn, the game is addictive.  Well the next game I'm going to play is Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 (on the old 80 gig PS3).  I was thinking of getting the DQ IV/V remakes on the DS, but then I realized that playing a 40+ game on the DS would be torture for me.  So, I'm going with DQ VIII--loved the art style, loved Dragon Warrior I and II back on the NES, so I'll give this a shot.   Of course not all new games are bad-SFIV is giving me some of the most fun I've had in years!!!!

Rock

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.