Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 27, 2004

The eighth main entry in the Dragon Quest franchise. It was the first game in the series to utilize a full 3D environment and featured a cel-shaded graphics style which would become standard for all future games in the franchise.

34+ hrs into DQVIII

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By JCGamer

Well, I just defeated Dhoulmagus and lost Jessica.  I hope I get her back soon--I need her group magic attack.  Hopefully, she won't come back several levels behind the rest of my party.  Anyway--in the real word, just had a nice late winter/spring snow storm.  Took a half day from work.  Now looking forward to vacation!!!! Vegas!!!

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JCGamer

Well, I just defeated Dhoulmagus and lost Jessica.  I hope I get her back soon--I need her group magic attack.  Hopefully, she won't come back several levels behind the rest of my party.  Anyway--in the real word, just had a nice late winter/spring snow storm.  Took a half day from work.  Now looking forward to vacation!!!! Vegas!!!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Vegas! Nice! lol I've been wanting to play this game. Looks interesting to me. How do you like it so far?

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JCGamer

It's been a great 34 hrs!!!  If you like old school JPRG's, then this is a must buy.  But beware--lots of grinding/random encounters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.