Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo 3 2.0.1 patch (Loot 2.0) launches today

• 72 results
    madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

My game time came to 155 hours played before getting my first legendary drop. Literally the game seemed completely broken to me. And to rub it in my face it was a legendary recipe! Oh man was I pissed, got a recipe that I couldn't even make. So to me any change in the loot system has to be an improvement. Also it looks like so many skills hit a lot harder now. I really want to pick it up and play again. Certainly enjoyed D3 a lot despite some flaws and the witch doctor is maybe my favorite rpg class I have ever played. Really looking forward to jumping back in. Just trying to decide if I want to start a new character or continue one of the two I finished the game with.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@rustafur said:

Looks like WW Barb was nerfed to the ground to balance for end level play. What are my fellow Barbs running now? Is the Revenge build back?

Revenge isn't that great anymore. They took away the 30% proc rune and reduced the amount of life gained per hit down to ineffectual levels.

My current build I'm running right now is this. Click it

It lacks the ability to deal with runners effectively but good god does it cause a lot of chaos for those that close in. Probably not the most efficient build but I'm able to navigate Torrent Level 2 effectively with minimal casualties.

eggshellskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am completely amazed by the loot dropping since the patch, really making my gameplay feel far more epic. Went up from 25k to 29k dps this morning on a new level 60, really satisfying.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Left clicker right clicker

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Zirilius
    eggshellskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By eggshellskull

PSA, beware the RESET button! It does not simply reset your progress in the area/quest you are in, it resets your game! Good for getting great boss drops, but it takes away all of your warp-points and such, as if you were starting from square 1.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By VeggiesBro

It's been super weird for me so far. I'm having a blast with my wizard, she just seemingly tears through everything right now. But I have yet to really find an upgrade for her either. I do have a lot of legendaries for my barb though. Like a 1,200 dps, lvl 43 requirement thunderfury. :D

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up with the GB clan? I can't seem to find it (I'm on european servers)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this really isn't a bad game at all. i think i like the feel of the core gameplay more than torchlight 2 (though torchlight has a lot more granularity in the stats, items, etc., not necessarily a good thing...)

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By EXTomar

The "take away" from this is that before 2.0, you advanced in Diablo 3 by farming exp for "Paragon Levels" which is far less interesting than dynamic and meaningful gear from 2.0. Watching numbers go up while wading through the same gear over and over and over again isn't as exciting as radically different drops each run.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By OldManLight

@dimi3je: i think clans are separate depending on which battle.net region you log into.

@ripelivejam totally agree. I like the flow of D3's combat more than torchlight but in terms of variety of loot and abundance of it, Torchlight was better until this most recent patch. I still feel that even with the more generous loot drops in the new patch. The challenge is still there on the higher difficulties.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Started playing on expert with an HC monk; I had a paragon 23 monk that died like 1.5 years ago so now I have 30 all res on a level 10. I've been playing on expert, which basically entails being unable to die but still taking forever to kill anything. The drops are better though, I guess that's something. Dragon's Crown seems way better at doing the same thing.

D3 is a good game to play holding down the left mouse button while doing something else; like watching a hearthstone stream.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Still a fun game, made better because you actually get decent drops every session...instead of every 3 months.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ShaggE

I really want to try it out, but I promised myself I wouldn't touch D3 again until I got Reaper of Souls (which won't be for a while, as I'm not a fan of the price)

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason it feels like a different game now. I had played through it once, tried going through a second time and got bored and figured I'd never play again and not bother with the expac but I logged in tonight and was actually having fun. I imagine the loot might be scaled back at some point since I found two legendaries in the first hour of playing(found 1 legendary on my original playthrough). So looks like I might actually be getting RoS now :/

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I haven't played in a good, long while. I wanna get back in, but feel like I'm just gonna be lost. Anything I need to know or should be aware of?

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

I put in... what, 300+ hours into Diablo III? I thought it was a pretty good game, but I am not going to play it again until the expansion. I've seen the four acts way too many times.

I will absolutely play Reaper of Souls, though.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kishinfoulux

I am quickly reminded of how annoying Battle.net is. Had an authenticator app on my old cell phone and old number. I have a new phone and number now so of course I can't log in or even remove the dumb thing from my account. *sighs*

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Karkarov

Yeah I decided to restart since a buddy advised me they fixed the loot, tosses the pay to win or lose AH, and rebalanced the classes.... and.... he wasn't kidding. By the time I was level 11 on a new character I had found more rares and materials for making legendaries than I did on all my old characters combined times 2. The drop rate if anything now is actually too high. I am not knocking it though :P Only downside is I still don't really like any of the classes... stuck waiting for Crusader I guess. Funny story though, you will get crusader drops while playing... Welcome back vanilla WoW loot philosophy! Hopefully they at least restricted that to people who actually own Reaper.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

Yeah I decided to restart since a buddy advised me they fixed the loot, tosses the pay to win or lose AH, and rebalanced the classes.... and.... he wasn't kidding. By the time I was level 11 on a new character I had found more rares and materials for making legendaries than I did on all my old characters combined times 2. The drop rate if anything now is actually too high. I am not knocking it though :P Only downside is I still don't really like any of the classes... stuck waiting for Crusader I guess. Funny story though, you will get crusader drops while playing... Welcome back vanilla WoW loot philosophy! Hopefully they at least restricted that to people who actually own Reaper.

I honestly think the drop rate is fine because when reaper of souls comes out the legendaries and stuff will be dwarfed by the items from level 61-70 like in WoW expansions and such.

With regards to the vanilla wow loot philosophy, I beat diablo and got a Thunderfury drop, so I guess that's about as vanilla wow as it gets.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Karkarov

@benny said:

With regards to the vanilla wow loot philosophy, I beat diablo and got a Thunderfury drop, so I guess that's about as vanilla wow as it gets.

Now that depends.... did you run into the middle of New Tristram and start screaming "Thuderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker" over and over?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: the difficulty now scales to your level so there is no real need to vait for a new act. Use the new sliders to set how hard the game you want to be (with corresponding exp rewards) and go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.