Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 25, 2014

An expansion to Diablo III that adds the Crusader class, a new area called Westmarch, and a new evil to fight in Malthael, the angel of death.

Sheet DPS fluctuating a lot with Monk

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently started a Monk, and after I got to about level 35, I noticed something odd. My DPS listed on my character screen would drastically jump all over the place. I'm playing on PS4 by the way. I think it's because of a skill, but I'm not sure since it is reset when I switch another weapon in and out.

Here's what happens: I have a dps of 5240 when just standing around in town not doing anything or using skills. I'll go after a large mob of enemies, and my dps will go up because of a skill that increases damage by a max of 20% when enemies are close. So, it makes sense that my dps would increase passed the minimum when I'm around enemies and decrease when I'm out of battle for a few seconds. When I'm at max damage, it will be 6288, which makes sense, however, my damage will then often drop well below my base damage into the 3000 range, sometimes even in the mid to high 2000 range. It will then stay there seemingly at random amounts until I get into another fight where it will go up and down again ending up on another random dps amount on the character screen. I'm not dual wielding, or under the effects of shrines or naephalem glory or anything else. This is the only character this has ever happened on. I also have a wizard and a demon hunter. Both worked fine, but the monk just started doing this out of nowhere. I though it was the mantra that increased damage, but that doesn't increase damage on your character. It increases damage that enemies take, which isn't the same thing and won't show up on the character screen, unless it's bugged of course. I switched it to a different mantra, and it didn't seem to happen. Unfortunately, that doesn't really mean that it won't eventually, since it can seemingly happen at random. Also, if I switch another weapon in and out, it resets it back to the original base amount where it should be.

Any thoughts from anyone who's played a monk? This one has me stumped. It's not uncommon for damage to fluctuate in this game with certain skills active, but I've never had it drop below a bare minimum before. There was always a base amount when no skills were active or being used.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't remember as i haven't played diablo in a long time, but is there armor that grants abilities that could be temporarily raising your stats? Maybe check all the stats of your weapons, armor, and runes etc. Also maybe an enemy has a debuff ability? Hard to remember i've been playing a lot of grim dawn lately so i'm not 100% on diablo's mechanics anymore. Also you don't need two of the same thread, probably delete one or the other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.