Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

What are the deal breakers for the "Foxiest of Hounds"?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

Like the previous game DX:MD has an achievement for finishing the game as stealthily as possible

I've been playing this game very stealthily but I just resolved a side mission and it had NPCs shoot some other NPCs and a Panic followed by Searching state appear in the minimap. Do these void the never get spotted achievement? I know _I_ wasn't spotted but I'm not sure if the game knows that. If there was stat tracking that'd be nice so I could see my alerts or something.

Anyone resolve the fake passport guy side mission (early in Prague) by turning him into the police (who then shoot him) and go on to get this achievement?

I like challenges like this in videogames but I hate not knowing if I've voided it. Does Panic count? Does searching count? Or is it only when they run over a press an alarm panel or something similar?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I failed this achievement on my first run through the game, and I'm not entirely sure what it was that did it. I think I did the "turn in the passport guy" option like you did, so maybe that was it. Also, I had a few automatic alarms trigger during one of the one-off missions during the story, which I couldn't seem to avoid, that also might have done it.

The app that ties to the game shows your alerts and kills, but it wasn't updating properly near launch and seems to just include the entire number of them, regardless of reloading. This sadly makes it very unreliable.

It just seems that you have to go through and do the best you can for this (and the no-kills achievement, which I did manage to get), reloading during anything that seems like it might have an effect. Sadly, they both seem just as touchy/buggy as they were in Human Revolution.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hayt

@wemibelec90 said:

I failed this achievement on my first run through the game, and I'm not entirely sure what it was that did it. I think I did the "turn in the passport guy" option like you did, so maybe that was it. Also, I had a few automatic alarms trigger during one of the one-off missions during the story, which I couldn't seem to avoid, that also might have done it.

The app that ties to the game shows your alerts and kills, but it wasn't updating properly near launch and seems to just include the entire number of them, regardless of reloading. This sadly makes it very unreliable.

It just seems that you have to go through and do the best you can for this (and the no-kills achievement, which I did manage to get), reloading during anything that seems like it might have an effect. Sadly, they both seem just as touchy/buggy as they were in Human Revolution.

I had heard about that second thing you mentioned. The automatic alarm thing. I hadn't heard of the app so maybe I'll look at that thing too. Edit: Nevermind, phone isn't cool enough for the app.

I'd still love to heard from others on this though. Particularly people who did get the achievement.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

The thing that got me, and most people, is choosing Miller at the GARM facility. It triggers a completely unavoidable alarm later in the mission. You need to choose Alex instead. A good tip I saw was to have the tutorial pop ups on, and if you ever see the alarm tutorial it means you failed.

That was the only alert I ever had.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hayt

The thing that got me, and most people, is choosing Miller at the GARM facility. It triggers a completely unavoidable alarm later in the mission. You need to choose Alex instead. A good tip I saw was to have the tutorial pop ups on, and if you ever see the alarm tutorial it means you failed.

Did you finish the side quest I mentioned in the same way? Is a panic separate from an alert?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@hayt: I can't recall. I leaned on the alarm pop up. I don't believe things other than you that cause the enemy to react affect the achievement. I didn't get it either way though because of the miller alarm I mentioned so I can't say for sure but that's how I understand it.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hayt

In case anyone else has similar thoughts and finds this thread I'll share what I've found out so far. Ghost and Smoother Operator are pretty decent indicators if you did a mission without being seen at all (Ghost) and without setting off any alarms (Smooth Operator). The achievement relates the alarms so Smooth Operator so that's the one you definitely want to see. That said apparently (and I can't confirm this) Smooth Operator only appears on missions that have alarms. So if you finish a mission and don't get it it probably means you set off an alarm... unless the map had no alarms. So you'd have to be very on point in paying attention to whether or not they were present.

Still don't know if Panic voids either of those though. It's hard to determine.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

That's also what happened to me, though I assumed someone discovered a body or something. Hearing that it's because I picked Miller is lame, even if I guess it makes sense.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@arbitrarywater said:

@alistercat said:

That's also what happened to me, though I assumed someone discovered a body or something. Hearing that it's because I picked Miller is lame, even if I guess it makes sense.

Yeah, that does seem lame. I think Human Revolution had some forced alarm states, but because they were part of a guaranteed plot event and not a "some normal guard ran over to a wall alarm switch and triggered it", you didn't get penalized for them.

It still frustrates me that games have these sorts of achievements without properly tracking them for the player; obviously the game has flagged your save file as either "alarms/no alarms", so how hard is it to maybe just incorporate a little stats screen when you load your save that is like "number of alarms triggered, number of dudes killed, etc."? Is that so hard?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@bisonhero: Dishonored's end of level tracker for that stuff, including checkboxes for "Wasn't seen" and "Didn't kill anyone" are something that Mankind Divided could've certainly used... though given that like 75% of that game takes place in and around its hub world, they'd probably have to implement it differently.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By viking_funeral

I've read about people who turned in the pass guy and got the achievement. It really does seem to be Miller and the final boss area that most people mess up on without knowing it. It's too bad. This game could really use better clarification.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: yeah those would work great for this. They have stat tracking but it seems busted on the website. Says I've played 0 hours but finished 30 missions and triggered 18 alarms

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I also chose Miller (since I felt it was the most appropriate story choice), and the automatic alarm thing because of it is just so stupid. The tutorial alarm thing would pop up when it triggered, so I think that has to be the only spot. However, I was so disappointed in this design, that I used Cheat Engine to noclip around the scripting that triggers the alarm, so technically it never happened. I still didn't get the achievement though.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The moment the Miller thing happened I reloaded and went with Alex. The other thing that scared me was when Eliza decided to "help" by blowing a car and alerting everyone.
    Thankfully I still got the achievement.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

From what I've read, stuff like failing a hack will lock you out from the Trophy/Achievement. Apparently any hack. Everything from a computer in a random apartment, to a lock on a storage room, to an alarm panel in a stealth mission. If this is true (going based on what I read here), I think that's a bit strict. I'd be extra careful and save frequently. I mean, I did, I got the Trophy.

I wish the game had a stats screen for stuff like this, and number of kills. For the no kills Trophy.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hayt

Sorry to dredge this up but I'm at a point where I need to kill some bots and I don't know if killing them voids it.

It is in the sewer under Prague and 3 bots move in to shoot some npcs. They are not hostile to me even if I walk in front of them.

I can throw two grenades that kill 2 in one explosion and 1 in the other. They never try to attack me (as I throw them from a concealed spot) and even if I kill one and let the two live they don't bother me.

My question is: is this clean? I never get anything more than Panic (which appears when the bots move pn the npcs when I enter the area).

There are no rules like "when a bot dies it triggers an alarm" are there? They all die in one hit too.

@mooseymcman since you got this achievement did you encounter this scenario?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@hayt: Disabling robots doesn't cause an alarm, but if you don't disable them extremely quickly, they will trigger alarms, and I believe that would then void the achievement. When I got it, I dealt with most robots and the like by either remote hacking them, or using EMP stuff. Actually, come to think of it, I might have only ever remote hacked in that playthrough.

Are you sure you absolutely have to destroy these bots? You only need to complete the main story to get the Achievement. You might be better off avoiding them altogether.

That said, this is the "guide" I used to get that, and some of the other Trophies. If you go to the Foxiest of the Hounds section, it details things that will and won't trigger alarms. It's been long enough since I played that I don't remember all the specifics, but this guide helped me, so maybe it'll help you.

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the achivement after having the police and passport guy shoot it out so that doesn't void it. For the bots, you can just use glass shield cloaking to go past the robots and past the lasers (red lasers don't go off if you are cloaked while you go through them.) Also, I wouldn't get *too* worried if you mess up. I did my no death run in about 4? 5 hours max, so you can really get through the game fast if you mainline it if you happen to mess up the first time. Unrelated but something I found funny after the fact, I almost fell to my death halfway through my perma death run going out of the way for a praxis kit. That certainly would have been a way to go out.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsmog: @mooseymcman:

Yeah thanks! It is an optional spot. No xp or items in there so I might just skip it. I feel like I *could* get away with it but the risk isn't worth it.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hayt

Fuck, I promise this is the last time I'll bump this thing but I have one last question that the collective knowledge of the internet can help me answer. If you hack a computer in front of friendly NPCs (eg. the TF26 base) does that count as being spotted hacking? The NPCs don't seem to react (although one said something like "Are you here to fix that?"). There are dozens of them in that area and I'd like to get all them emails but not if I'm actually getting spotted doing it.

Did anyone here hack those ones in plain sight of friendly (green on the minimap) npcs and then go on to do the achievement? I swear once I know this I'll have all the info I need to leave you good people alone, haha.

@noobsmog@mooseymcman sorry to keep pinging you two but you're a great source since I know you both got the achievement.

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Noobsmog

@hayt It won't count against you, I hacked all the stuff in the main office and it was fine. I think in general as long as you don't get an in combat warning you're good.

edit: Hmm, should also mention be careful about knocking someone out where they might get discovered, that might affect it too.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@hayt: If you're ever worried about hacking stuff, use a multi-tool instead of actually doing the minigame. Don't forget you can craft multi-tools if you're running low on them. I don't think I actually hacked many of the computer in front of people in the base because one time I did, and they all started shooting at me. THAT definitely set off an alarm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.