Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead or Alive 6

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 01, 2019

Dead or Alive returns for its sixth main entry in the franchise with several new features and mechanics.

DOA6 F2P PSA / Warning

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak

I know DOA6 isnt that popular around here but I thought I would let everyone know that theres now a Free to Play "Core" version available which lets you play online with a select few fighters (about 4 or 5) with a couple extras rotating in each week. (much like DOA5's F2P version)

The warning is just from my personal experience, I own the disc version and downloaded this thinking that maybe it would let me play without the disc, since when you install the game it gives you the impression that it's just giving you a bunch of unlock keys but thats not how it works. After I installed it it changed my version to the core version restricting the cast of characters as if I didnt own the game, it isnt a seperate executable or anything and after reinstalling the game and playing with the disc this is still the case. In hindsight of course it wouldnt let me play without the disc but I didnt think this would happen! Anyway, i'm not too bothered. I've played the single player stuff and i'll happily sell the disc copy and just buy my main. I'm just letting people know in case it works the other way and someone plays the F2P version, enjoys it, buys the full version and it doesnt recognise it for whatever reason. (or if you think you're smart and can pull one over on the devs, serves me right I guess)

TLDR: DOA6 has a free to play version check it out, maybe dont buy the disc version if you do so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.