Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Beginner Thread

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By Cincaid

I've been terrified of using materials to upgrade weapons, but finally decided to create a Astora Straight Sword +3 (really hope I didn't waste those 4 Twinkling Titanites...). I just beat the Gaping Dragon, but from what I've heard of Blighttown I'll explore Darkroot Garden first.

I just don't know what to put my level-up-points into. I'm a melee-class first and foremost, so I guess Strength/Dexterity is the route to go? So hard to know, and every time I level up I'm anxious, haha.

Tenryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Tenryu

@Cincaid: If you're riding high on souls and unsure of what to put your level up points into, I would highly recommend saving that 20k since you're going to Darkroot to unlock the heart of the forest for 20k. It opens up a rather nice farm spot, about 7k every minute or so ;3. As to what to level up your points on, I'd say str is more valuable than dex atm since you can equip some of the high end super weapons later with a high str total. Endurance is always a safe bet up to 40 though. If you haven't though, pick up pyromancy even if you're a melee centric class, game changing life saving magic ownage that isn't stat dependent.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Cincaid

@Tenryu: Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully I'll have an easier time deciding from now on. And I'll definatly save up those 20k souls. I guess that's the rumored area where you can stand next to a ledge and watch the mobs fall to their death?

reddwarf42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By reddwarf42

I am starting Dark Souls tonight. I did't get hooked by Demon Souls. I am hoping this time it's different.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @LordXavierBritish: Actually I already killed the butterfly and all that. The area I was talking about is the Dark root basion where those crytal giant things are and I believe the hydra
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#206  Edited By Chummy8

After ruining my bandit (i accidentally killed the merchant in undead burg). Since I was an hour in and still finding out about the game, I decided to start over with my second choice.. a cleric. But, how do you cast miracles?

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#207  Edited By Tesla

@TekZero: You need a talisman equipped in a weapon slot, and a miracle in a spell slot. Attune magic at a bonfire to put purchased spells in available slots. You can buy a talisman from the merchant in Undead Burg.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Chummy8

@Tesla: Thanks. I wasn't equipping the talisman before, that was my problem.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Chummy8

I don't think this requires a whole new thread, but can you recommend me a class? I'm still very much up in the air as to which class to start with. I know that after you start throwing souls around and leveling up, your chosen class will mean very little. I also know that, based on your build, you can you have very different play styles.

I started with a bandit and I loved the gameplay of blocking with the shield and counter attacking with an axe. I tried doing the same with the cleric and it didn't work AS well. He got hurt much more than the bandit fighting the same enemies using the same tactic. I figured that I could eventually make the cleric into a paladin type warrior with high str and healing spells. If I like to sit back and block with the shield, then counter attack....would I be better off with a knight, or just continue with my plan of making a kick ass cleric? In previous fantasy games, I usually create a tank, so in this case, I am really torn.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Vashyron

@TekZero said:

I don't think this requires a whole new thread, but can you recommend me a class? I'm still very much up in the air as to which class to start with. I know that after you start throwing souls around and leveling up, your chosen class will mean very little. I also know that, based on your build, you can you have very different play styles.

I started with a bandit and I loved the gameplay of blocking with the shield and counter attacking with an axe. I tried doing the same with the cleric and it didn't work AS well. He got hurt much more than the bandit fighting the same enemies using the same tactic. I figured that I could eventually make the cleric into a paladin type warrior with high str and healing spells. If I like to sit back and block with the shield, then counter attack....would I be better off with a knight, or just continue with my plan of making a kick ass cleric? In previous fantasy games, I usually create a tank, so in this case, I am really torn.

If you like tanking, then the Knight is the way to go since he has the best starting armor and can power through most attacks as a result. The downside is that you are slow and other than the your Vit, your stats aren't stellar, but eh, details.

I never started with the bandit, but if you liked that, you could keep going with that or make a pyromancer. He is the cheapest to level up since he starts at level one, so you can literally make him into anything you want from the get go and start with fireball for some nifty damage that isn't dependent on any stat other than your soul level, which makes it nice for low int builds and that way you can build up your faith if you want to use heal or some other faith spells later on.

Not really sure if that at all appeals to you, but I hope it helps some.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Chummy8

@Vashyron: It helps. Thanks. Maybe I can also go the other way.. Start with a knight and learn some heals later on. Or, just recreate a Bandit.. but then I'm not too sure what the difference would be.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Vashyron

@TekZero: Yeah. You can easily do that since the Knight starts at a Faith score of 10 or 11 I think and the first heal requires Faith 12, not to mention that you can find a talisman for free at Firelink, so yeah. It is a very viable notion.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#213  Edited By SpawnMan

Hi guys, got some questions (I'm new to the "Souls" games, but I'd say I was a quick learner so am not a dumbass noob lol):

1) Summoning. When you put a summoning sign down and someone uses it, does that bring them to your world, or take you to theirs? And if you find one, again, does that take you to theirs or bring them to you? And do you have to be human to be summoned/summon?

2) Master key. I didn't pick it and now I'm kinda regretting it because there's so many locked doors (like the one with the golem guy you guys mentioned). So, I'm only up to the drake part on the bridge, so it's not too late to restart my class and play a new character right? Do you think the key is THAT good? Or can you unlock most doors just with normal keys you buy/find?

3) When I was playing the Taurus demon I used the ladder/firebomb technique (will explain below) which is obviously ridiculously easy and exploits the fact that the Taurus demon AI is not smart enough to see you on the ladder. Now, is this fair? Are you ALLOWED to play like this? As obviously From Software KNEW people would use this method? I feel kinda cheap so if there are cheesy methods of killing hard bosses like that, should I exploit them or take the slightly harder route?

And I also have some suggestions and tips!

1) Like I said, the Taurus demon is VERY easy to beat with the following technique: stock up on firebombs from either looting firebomb hollows or purchasing from the trader in Undeadsberg (beneath the two spear hollows). Go to the Taurus demon, clear the upstairs tower of the archers, then trigger him. Quickly run back to the tower and climb the ladder. Once up, resist the urge to plunge attack him. Step near the edge, close enough so you can lock on, then throw a firebomb down. DO NOT throw a second because one of two very bad things will happen: You'll take too long and the demon will jump up and crush you, or you'll accidentally edge too far forward with the second throw and drop off, hurting yourself and getting trapped at the Taurus's feet! Instead, quickly go to the ladder and climb about one or two metres down. He will jump up and soon jump back down again. Rinse and repeat, throwing one firebomb then returning to the ladder. If you'd like to finish the fight off sooner and save some firebombs, simply do a plunging attack when the demon's health is fairly low.

2) You CAN jump in Dark Souls, contrary to what some newbies think. If you hold down the b button (or sprint button for PS3 users) and move forward to sprint, if you then tap tap the b button you'll jump up, and if great for reaching ledges, and will help in cases like below.

3) At Firelink, under the bridge to Undeadsberg, there is a treasure at the end of bridge. However, there is a gap which is hard to jump across below, so if you kill the hollows above, there is a ledge to the left above overlooking the bottom of the bridge. Drop down and carefully make you way to the treasure (loot the body). You'll get a ring which when worn will prevent ANY loses when you die, so no lost humanity or souls. However, it is one use only. But not you're stuck under the bridge, so you MUST jump across the ledge towards the path where the hollows were. I'd suggest equipping the ring in case you DO die if you've got a bunch of souls you don't want to lose, or doing this mission when you have spent most of them.

4) Swords degrade faster when you do strong strikes, especially with the Drake Sword you get early on it the game. A few heavy strikes with it will nearly destroy it!

Hope this all helps and that someone can use my advice and someone can answer my own questions lol! :D

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Vashyron

@SpawnMan:

1) Far as I know, you can BE summoned as either human or hollow. TO summon, however, you need to be human. When you are BEING summoned, it takes you into their world.

2) Eh. It is totally dependent on you. There is nothing that only the Master Key can open and a few things it can't. Not to mention, there are frequent times where you will end up getting a key and never knowing where it really goes since you used the Master Key to open it early. All the Master Key does is allow you to access certain areas earlier than you would normally.

3) No, you can't...just kidding. In a game like this, if you find some method of killing something that seems cheap or easy, quell whatever questions you have about it, because you need every leg up you can find in this game.

In regards to your advice

3) You also retain human status if you die with the ring on.

4) True, but only the "Dragon Weapons" have their durability deplete that fast from their 2H strong attack. And for good reason, cause it makes the Titanite Demon between the Forest and Undead Parish really easy.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I didn't want to make an entire topic for this, so does anyone know the viability of a build focused on bows? I really want to make a character focused on using an upgraded Dragonslayer bow but I'm worried about how viable that is on 2v1 encounters in PvE and any PvP encounters.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#216  Edited By MightyDuck

Great thread guys!

Part of me really wants to give this game a shot. It looks super rewarding if you have the patience. i just have this feeling I'll get stuck in a spot where I won't be able to beat anything and thus get frustrated.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#217  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@LordXavierBritish: It's not really viable, but a dex build is sort of viable with a +15 spear or katana (I think, I haven't compared numbers from +15 dex weps to lightning weps) for PvP. The DS Bow is very bad, if only because the arrows are hella expensive and I've only ever seen 2 drop once every ~20 silver knight archers. The damage is also meager considering the long-ass load time for the bow itself. The Black Bow of Pharis fully upgraded is an absolute monster though, and has a gigantic range and has a regular re-string time, from what I can tell.

But hell, do what you want man...you spent the $60, do what you want. If you want to rock that badass cannon of a "bow", do it.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SirOptimusPrime: I might look into some other bows, I just loved how fucking monstrous those arrows are.

Also you can buy the arrows from the giant blacksmith.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I entered that sealed door in the Darkroot garden for the first time and I encountered an individual who was semi-visible. I assume this is the effect of a certain ring I've heard about and I don't know if it was a player or AI (I'm assuming it was AI), but I couldn't target him at all. And, as a magic-exclusive character, being able to target those I want to hit is pretty important. Am I fucked or is there a way of dealing with this?

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ said:
    I entered that sealed door in the Darkroot garden for the first time and I encountered an individual who was semi-visible. I assume this is the effect of a certain ring I've heard about and I don't know if it was a player or AI (I'm assuming it was AI), but I couldn't target him at all. And, as a magic-exclusive character, being able to target those I want to hit is pretty important. Am I fucked or is there a way of dealing with this?
    I think you either have to manually aim your spells or pull at a melee and just wail on him.

I'm pretty sure he has a Fog Ring and isn't a ghost. You might want to try a Transient Curse but I'm pretty sure that will do jack shit.

Or you could just run him off the cliff with that exploit.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @LordXavierBritish said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

I think you either have to manually aim your spells or pull at a melee and just wail on him.  

I'm pretty sure he has a Fog Ring and isn't a ghost. You might want to try a Transient Curse but I'm pretty sure that will do jack shit.  Or you could just run him off the cliff with that exploit.

So... I'm fucked, basically. Manually aiming a spell is nigh impossible unless I'm missing some catalyst zoom capability I'm unaware of and having an awesome Strength of 9, wailing on him won't do much good. If only I had an AoE magic spell... But, is this a frequent encounter inside that area of the forest or is it only one AI character who has that on? 

Reading up on this, it does seem that pure magic characters are screwed when it comes to the Ring of Fog. So far, the game has seemed pretty fair for a Sorcerer although obviously intended for melee classes, but this is just bullshit. There's no way to aim magic effectively at an untargetable enemy. It sucks.
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#222  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@LordXavierBritish: I know. But, at 500 souls a pop that's a ton of farming for a decent amount of arrows (at least 100) that you'll have to be doing constantly, and it takes away from soul farming. And farming for those arrows is NOT fun.

IMO, it's not worth it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#223  Edited By jacksukeru

So Pyromancy is not dependent on Intellect or anything right? Does it just get stronger for every soul level you advance (along with upgrading the Flame at the Pyro Dude for souls)?

@FluxWaveZ: Forgive me as I'm speaking solely from ignorance here not having encountered this foe before but if he's a regular humanoid enemy besides being invisible couldn't you get close to him with a shield raised and use the combustion pyromancy?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#224  Edited By Jackel2072

@Buckfitches said:

If you have trouble moving around fast enough with equipment, here's a protip. There's a door in Undead burg, in the same tower right before you face the Taurus Demon, that leads to a spiral staircase down to a guy named Havel The Rock. You can unlock the door with a Master Key, but perhaps also with other keys.

He's tough as nails, instantly hostile, and hits like a truck, but his swings can easily be avoided by stepping back. When he tries to raise his mace again, that is when you strike.

He drops "Havel's Ring" when killed, which boost your maximum equipment burden. With this ring, I now equip a full set of armor and equipment while still being under the 25% burden range, so I can dodge and run at maximum speed.

No Caption Provided

Use poison arrows against this enemy. He can not leave the tower aggro him to the level of the tower you came in from. he will follow you out of the tower but if you let him strike once. he will begin to go back down the stairs. keep a lock on him and keep bating him. your poison stacks. so after awhile you will be hitting him for 800+ damage. its by far the best way ( i have found) to kill him.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @RockmanBionics said:

So Pyromancy is not dependent on Intellect or anything right? Does it just get stronger for every soul level you advance (along with upgrading the Flame at the Pyro Dude for souls)?

As far as I know, the only way your Pyromancy becomes more powerful is with upgrading your flame. It has nothing to do with your advancement in Soul Level. 

@RockmanBionics said: 

@FluxWaveZ: Forgive me as I'm speaking solely from ignorance here not having encountered this foe before but if he's a regular humanoid enemy besides being invisible couldn't you get close to him with a shield raised and use the combustion pyromancy?

No because, where I'm at, my combustion is extremely weak against the armored warrior and thus ineffective. I eventually killed him by painfully trying to manually aim Soul Arrows, so that particular enemy is no longer an issue, but this would be impossible against a human enemy, in PvP, equipped with the Ring of Fog. I've learned that the Homing Soul Arrow sorcery locks onto the enemy even if he's transparent, though, so that's something.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#226  Edited By jacksukeru

@FluxWaveZ: Thanks for that info, I've been wondering if I should be putting points into intellect or not.

Also though luck on that invisible dude :/ I feel like an aiming mode not unlike the one for bows would have done nothing to break the game, though I'm still unsure if it would've been much help seeing how much that mode limits your movement.

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Awolf007

Noob upgrade question..... So I started upgrading my claymore and have it @ +5. If I wanted to go electric, my path from here would require what types of shards? Electric isn't mentioned as an upgrade path in the upgrade chart on the wiki page (unless electric is only avail. fro a boss soul or falls within the magic category perhaps - i.e. Green shards?). Or maybe it isn't an option on the claymore? Anyone care to enlighten my noobish query?

mitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#228  Edited By mitter

@Awolf007: You have to upgrade your claymore to +10 and then you can use Titanite Chunks (I think) to get it to lightning +4 and Titanite Slab for +5.

I'm about to upgrade my claymore to +5 lightning too, so I hope I got the information right :P (according to the wiki, it should)

anticucho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By anticucho

I just started playing Dark Souls having never played Demon Souls. I made it past the Asylum as a Pyromancer but it appears I still cannot case the fireball spell. It's grayed out. The bonfire has an atunement option but it appears to do nothing whatsoever. Do I need reagents or souls or something to use the fireball or other spells?

EDIT: I see in the info it requires what I think is Faith and INT going by the symbols. Is this documented anywhere what this means and how much I need? Sorry I am a total noob at this game. I've made it up to Undead Burgh now and still have no clue how to use my fireball spell. I read all tips on the ground to this point and nothing seems to indicate just the basic magic system and how to use it. I realize I'm missing some sort of stat or item requirement I just can't figure out how, in game, I can figure out exactly what? Nor on any of the wiki's or googles. Thanks!

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Chummy8

Ok, one more stupid question. How do you zoom in when aiming with a bow? To go into first person mode?

@anticucho You might need to equip something in your right hand, I had the same problem as a cleric. I needed to equip the talisman, I assume it's the same for Pyro's as well.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Cincaid

@TekZero: Equip bow. Then dual-wield. Then press LB (L1).

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By imsh_pl
    @anticucho: You must have a talisman, a catalyst or a pyromancy flame to use miracles, sorceries and pyromancies, respectively. After you attune the spell/miracle using a bonfire, equip the pyromancy flame you received at the beginning of the game and using R1/RB you should then cast the spell that is highlighted in the lower left part of the screen.
    Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Chummy8

Is there a point to leveling up resistance?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By MezZa

@TekZero said:

Nope, don't do it.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Tally_Pants

I started the game last night, and here is my only piece of advice so far:

When the giant crow first brings u out of the asylum and ur at the initial camp fire, explore around the immediate area of the fire gathering stuff from the corpses with loot, then go to the far right, past the corpse laying over the well, and up the hill!

I spent prob 2 hrs trying to go down past the pool and fighting the skeletons that appear two at a time and dying..a lot! Then tried that route, and was able to kill most of those enemies in 2-3 hits and advancing quite nicely now.. I'm hooked on the game now!

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Chummy8

@MentalDisruption said:

@TekZero said:

Nope, don't do it.

Awesome, thanks. Now that I finally chose a class to go with (the cleric), I'm trying to plan out how I'm going to level up. I'm not making a character build or anything, just trying to figure which stats to focus on and which to ignore.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Chummy8

@Jackel2072 said:

@Buckfitches said:

If you have trouble moving around fast enough with equipment, here's a protip. There's a door in Undead burg, in the same tower right before you face the Taurus Demon, that leads to a spiral staircase down to a guy named Havel The Rock. You can unlock the door with a Master Key, but perhaps also with other keys.

He's tough as nails, instantly hostile, and hits like a truck, but his swings can easily be avoided by stepping back. When he tries to raise his mace again, that is when you strike.

He drops "Havel's Ring" when killed, which boost your maximum equipment burden. With this ring, I now equip a full set of armor and equipment while still being under the 25% burden range, so I can dodge and run at maximum speed.

No Caption Provided

Use poison arrows against this enemy. He can not leave the tower aggro him to the level of the tower you came in from. he will follow you out of the tower but if you let him strike once. he will begin to go back down the stairs. keep a lock on him and keep bating him. your poison stacks. so after awhile you will be hitting him for 800+ damage. its by far the best way ( i have found) to kill him.

How do you get to him if you don't have the master key?

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TekZero: You need to get the Watchtower key by defeating Moonlgiht Butterfly and then going to the tower past him where you will also find the Divine Ember.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By imsh_pl

Where can I get standard arrows? I killed the undead merchant in order to get the Uchigatana but other than some magical and fire arrows I can't find any in any other merchant's stock.

EDIT: One more thing. How do I open the sealed door in darkroot garden (the one right next to the hidden bonfire)?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#240  Edited By Aishan

@imsh_pl said:

Where can I get standard arrows? I killed the undead merchant in order to get the Uchigatana but other than some magical and fire arrows I can't find any in any other merchant's stock. EDIT: One more thing. How do I open the sealed door in darkroot garden (the one right next to the hidden bonfire)?

The only other vendor I've seen stocking arrows is in Sen's Fortress.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsh_pl said:
    Where can I get standard arrows? I killed the undead merchant in order to get the Uchigatana but other than some magical and fire arrows I can't find any in any other merchant's stock.  EDIT: One more thing. How do I open the sealed door in darkroot garden (the one right next to the hidden bonfire)?
    For the door you need to purchase a key from the Undead Parish Blacksmith for 20,000 souls.

All it does is open a shortcut to the Great Wolf Sif boss and the soul farming spot everyone has been using.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By imsh_pl
    @LordXavierBritish: How can I get to Alvina then? I beat the moonlight butterfly and got the wolf ring, was pretty sure I didn't miss any secret path.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imsh_pl: The regular path to her is through Darkroot Basin past the Hydra, it's a bitch to get through if you don't kill it first though.

If you want to join the Forest Covenant it's probably worth farming up to get the key because going the long way to her is a bitch even if you ignore the enemies and that farming spot can pay you back 20k souls in just a few minutes.
    Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#244  Edited By Aishan

Think I'm moving out of the realm of "beginner" questions now, but can I get out of Anor Londo once I've arrived?

Edit: Nevermind, turns out there are some skinless gargoyles to take you back if you go back to the start. I'm sure he wasn't there when I first arrived.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By buttersdaman000

Where do I get a Katana?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By imsh_pl
    @LordXavierBritish: Oh yeah, no way I'm fighting that fucker o_O

Thanks for the tip. I was jugt going to the blacksmith anyway.
     EDIT:Wow, the hydra wasn't actually that hard...

@buttersdaman000
    You can get an uchigatana if you kill the undead merchant in undead burg. It's an incredibly good curved sword, got it upgraded to +5 and then make it into the Fury Sword.
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By buttersdaman000
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Capra demon is a mother fucker and you really need to summon some white phantoms to beat him.

When you go through the fog dodge his first attack and then immediately go up the stairs. You should be able to kill the dogs and then get a dive attack in on him if you were fast enough. If you brought two other phantoms with you have them tank the demon while you take down the dogs, after that it should be cake.

The demon himself is actually incredibly easy to defeat, it is just the circumstances you are placed under.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By imsh_pl
    @buttersdaman000: Don't kill the merchant if you feel like you need him. I'd suggest you bought a scimitar from him (great beginning weapon) and after you beat the majority of undead burg/parish you can then get the uchigatana from him, just make sure you bought the repair box and key from him.

As for Capra demon I'd follow Xavier's advice, he's a pain to deal with alone due to the small arena but with a help of 2 phantoms you should take him out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.