Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Souls veterans, how long until you felt the frustration?

• 156 results
    ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I didn't find the boss encounters in this game were as hard as Dark Souls overall, but some of the areas themselves felt a lot more frustrating. Smoldering Lake and Irithyll (and dungeon) were the worst.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@stokes said:

This game is frustrating far more than any of the other games. I think I'm just tired of the series. Demon and Dark Souls were frustrating, but it at least felt good when you finally succeeded. At this point, that feeling is gone and I find myself angrily muttering "fuck this game" when I finally successfully beat a boss rather than joyously celebrating. Kinda sucks considering Dark Souls 1 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Same. The satisfaction I got from beating the first few games came from the series being a real unknown thing. I would just watch videos of Vinny or other people dying again and again so I wondered if it could beat it too. Now I know the drill, it doesn't feel as special.

For this reason I was way more liable to summon in Dark Souls 3. I'm sure I'd eventually overcome bosses like Pontiff and the Dancer on my own, but I've already had my "Dark Souls" moment--long ago when I played the original the first time. I don't really have a need to stubbornly beat the game's challenges without help anymore, so I'll give a boss the old college try a couple times before just bringing in a Sunbro or two and walloping it with steel chairs.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new frustration, for me, is the Dragonarmor fight. The real battle is against the stupid stuttering frame rate. At one point, everything stopped moving. When everything was back in motion, I was dead.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those fucking crabs in Smouldering Lake, and that giant arbalest. And killing the crabs was completely pointless too.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those fucking crabs in Smouldering Lake, and that giant arbalest. And killing the crabs was completely pointless too.

Getting to it and shutting it down is the most pleasurable experience in the entire game. Making it through the Demon Ruins is also pretty neat. I just need to grow a pair and get those items in the lava. I wonder what they are, or if they're even worth the effort.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stumbled upon it by accident. Although it did help out with the worm.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

It took all the way until Nameless King for me to finally feel frustration. I felt annoyance at various points (bad poison areas still being a thing, fireballs and arrows clipping through geography still not being fixed), but that boss got me less frustrated with him and more at the game. The half second of either input delay or roll startup started to really get to me in that fight given how quickly they want you to react. As soon as that got in my head, I just started playing sloppy. I don't tend to get frustrated at challenge in these games, but rather when I start fighting design issues.

Anyway, I'm going to give him another shot after I've cleared some more of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.