Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

PvP impressions so far? (spoilers potentially)

• 114 results
    FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By FrostyRyan

@sterling: It's just weird how I was able to continuously host a fight club with at least 3 spirits in this same area just last night and now I can't.

Also I just used a purging stone and it seemed to not change things. This is weird

EDIT: Found out it's because I killed the area boss. That's....that's kinda dumb.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Strangestories

Mound-Makers are hilarious and fun to play as. I'm using that covenant just to fuck with people. I'll wear the obscuring ring and just pelt the host and phantoms with my Onislayer Greatbow until they start looking for me at which point I pick them off as they split up.

I also had an AMAZING experience last night with that covenant in the swampy crab area before crystal sage. I invaded a host and a white ganking invaders and I decided to do that dark moon loyalty bow and not attack them even if they attacked me. After a minute or two they decided to let me live so we all sat together and I went off to kill invaders for them for which I'd get the clapping gesture and showers of prism stones from the host. Eventually a blue showed up and tried to take me out but the host and the phantom intervened. From that point, every time we got invaded the blue and I would run off and destroy the invaders.

That went on for about 30 minutes until the blue and I got separated during a two person invasion and he got cornered and killed by both. The host, white, and I took them out then all did the 'fall to your knees in sadness' gesture around the spot where the blue died.

We spent another 30 minutes killing invaders (now getting up to 3 at a time) until I got the last phantom kill I needed and got my vertebrae shackle and went back to my world.

There's so much more awesome shit that happened during that like 1.5 hour event like me getting parried with Tears of Denial saving me and then the host, white, and blue all gesturing like mad at me thankful that I lived. Going into more detail would add like an essay worth of writing, though.

God that was so much fun.

EDIT: I want to note for those who don't know that, as a Mound-Maker, the host, white, and blue could all hit me and I could hit them so we had to be very careful when fighting invaders. They could have killed me at any time but they saw me as an ally! It was so cool!

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Strangestories

Thought I'd show you all some of the screenshots I got from my Mound-Maker experience!

Waiting for invaders
    Waiting for invaders

The host put on the phantom ring
    The host put on the phantom ring

Aaah...a successful ganking
    Aaah...a successful ganking

Just after the blue died :(
    Just after the blue died :(

Just the three of us now!
    Just the three of us now!

Latinkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Latinkon

I'm still having zero luck being summoned as a Blue Sentinel, Dorkmoon, Watchdog or Aldritch Faithful on PC. Can anyone on console confirm whether things have improved with the most recent patch?

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By dprotp

Boy, that seems awfully familiar. I had a similar experience last night--on the other end!

Loading Video...

Unfortunately I hit the share button a bit earlier to grab a screenshot, so I lost some footage... Although I was accused of having no honor, so I think that balances it out.

@strangestories: the community in this game really is capable of some incredible shit

Fenris_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Fenris_

Terrible at worst, poor at best. In contrast to other Souls games, I've actually won most of my matches. The reason? Dark Sword +10 and Stone Parma Shield +10. That combination is sick. The Dark Swords L2 attack ups your poise like crazy, and following up with heavy attack drops at least 1/3 of opponents health. The Stone Parma lets me use the L2 attack without changing stances. Spam spam spam, win.

And here comes the problem. Since the hit detection is so incredibly poor, I can beat anyone like this. I have no problem holding my own against two invaders at a time. And I'm not a good DS player.

So, it's baaaad.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dudeglove: That 15 Estus excitement though! As an SL 19 moundmakers I had an invasion against an NG+ Host alongside a Red Phantom and the fight went on for like 15 minutes, I backstabbed the host (for a whopping 200 damage) a dozen or so times; 3-4 backstabs an estus; not a bad deal if I say so myself.

ikramit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ikramit

Really good video about the reasons why there's no poise in ds3:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been one-shotting dudes with my fired up Lorian Greatsword's charged 2-handed R2 attack. :)

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@latinkon said:

I'm still having zero luck being summoned as a Blue Sentinel, Dorkmoon, Watchdog or Aldritch Faithful on PC. Can anyone on console confirm whether things have improved with the most recent patch?

I don't think connectivity in those covenants have been improved. I ran around with those patches equipped for over an hour a piece and never got summoned.

mrroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I got summoned as a darkmoon several times this evening, but always as my target was dying. Then I was sunbroing Aldrich with someone and got disconnected. Networks are hard I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.