Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 20, 2007

Jump into the shoes of a genetically-enhanced operative of the Agency and fight off criminal organizations alone or with a friend in Crackdown, an open-world sandbox game for the Xbox 360.

What do you want added to a Crackdown sequel?

lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lolwot

deleted

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Keyser_Soze

I want more rampant anti-globalist New World Order rhetoric. The original was full of it. From the 6 sided police symbol, one eyed symbols, NWO references, surveillance etc. More anti-NWO agenda please. No one likes the NWO unless you're one of them.

Anyway more varied mission types. A slightly more interactive world, store cars, guns etc. Maybe some dynamic destruction?

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Alexander

4-player Coop

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_

I definitely don't want any GTA4-style change-ups, especially related to the physics, which GTA4 ultimately failed to implement correctly.

What Crackdown 2 needs is just *more*. More powers, more vehicles, more weapons, possibly a larger map? More climbing, more jumping. Better graphics (same art-style though). More music? Sure why not. Bosses with powers- it's the only way to go. Boss fights in Crackdown consisted of "who can throw the most red-awesome grenades". Which got boring after 80 hours. I don't give a shit about the story, that wasn't the point of the game at all. Also, more control over how your character looks.

Yes.

And more co-op.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keyser_Soze

This time the story should be you're the same cop as last time, but because the government and police betrayed you and sided with the NWO agenda, you must take down the NWO. You've got to go rogue, infact you become an insurgent.

lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lolwot

deleted

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Get rid of the cars altogether, you don't need cars when you can jump all over the place. At the end of the game you should be rewarded with a super-jump from one side of the game world to the other.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Illmatic

Better story is what first came to mind. The game was extremely fun, but a really good story always adds to the enjoyment of a mission. It's fun to throw you a hundred feet Mr. Gang Leader, but what's my motivation?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "Get rid of the cars altogether, you don't need cars when you can jump all over the place. At the end of the game you should be rewarded with a super-jump from one side of the game world to the other."
    I dunno, cars were where a ton of replay value was for me. You could just get in and drive foreeeeeever if you wanted. Or stand in the highway and kick cars off of bridges in hilarious ways. Or take little beatles and shoot out their tires and drive around ridiculously. Vehicles allowed Crackdown players to really do the most creative stuff, I think.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust
    lolwot said:
    .6) Supervillains. The gang leaders should be powerful, and maybe even colossal in size, and offer a much different experience than just fighting a standard gang member with an extended health bar.
    This was my greatest disappointment in the game.  While I count Crackdown as my favorite game for 2007, what excited me about the property most was the anticipation of what the first game set up for future installment.  Chief among those being the addition of super-villains.  A hero is only as good as their opposing villain, and so, while I was able to create a jacked up super cop in the game, the bosses remained relatively boring and un-super.  I want to see a boss pick up and toss cars at my hero.  I want to have to chase them vertically across the city.  I want a villain that feels the equal to my agent. 

Also, I'd like more distructable enviornments.  Blowing crap up in that game was great fun, and I'd like to see much much more of that.

And I'd like there to be more inside building or underground missions.  Most of the game took place outdoors, but I'd like to see more stuff where you break in to a building andwork your way towards a boss or mission objective.  There were a few scenarios like that, but not enough for my tastes.

Finally, do something with the cars and driving that makes me want to use them after I reach the level where I can leap across the city quickly and easily.
    lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lolwot

deleted

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Better combat, for one. Let's face it, in Crackdown, you lock onto a guy for about a second and a half until your crosshair shrinks and then suddenly you have super amazing accuracy with any gun. It worked okay in the game, but I'd prefer if they worked on that. Better vehicles could be nice, but I don't know for sure. Other than your agency cars, most pedestrian ones weren't really worth driving around. Personally, I'd just end up running and jumping wherever I wanted to go, that way I'd be able to pick up any orbs I'd find along the way. For that reason, I found vehicles to be mostly useless. Better music would be nice too, I believe. It'd be cool if throwing stuff at people worked better. I would also agree that the Agency Garage was too much of a hassle to get to. I can't really think of all that much to change. My lack of suggestions here almost makes me unsure that a sequel should even be made. Hopefully the developers can come up with a lot more than this.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb

Meh. Prototype and inFamous are going to be where it's at.

DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DannyJ

All around better weapons.

Once you got the LMG, you basically beat the first half of the game.

Once you got Heat Seeking Grenades, the second half was done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.