Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 20, 2007

Jump into the shoes of a genetically-enhanced operative of the Agency and fight off criminal organizations alone or with a friend in Crackdown, an open-world sandbox game for the Xbox 360.

New Crackdown Coming? Please?

• 96 results
    zerok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By zerok

I guess it could be quite fun to have at least to some extend indoor-levels (like in that big police-central on the central island) or some island-hoping :-)

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Ghostin

More content and a better fleshed out Co-Op that perhaps opens up additional missions or story would be cool.  However I'm not too sure realtime worlds would want to divert custom away from APB after it's release, as this would no doubt end up competing with it's own subscription based mmo.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Gameboi

Build it, and I will come.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By oobs

crackdown 2 would be cool

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By jangofett88

The demo pushed me to do the other contests to get the Halo 3 beta.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By wrecks

Anyone who didn't think Crackdown was fun as all Hell, just doesnt like games. More variety in the missions and taller buldings for me to leap up is all it needs.

Ryan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ryan_

all i want is more acrobatic movements, like wall running and swinging off of things

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By jakob187

Please...God...Fuck...Yes...Now...Hurry.

Crack is the primary word in Crackdown...because that game had me HOOKED!  I still whip it out from time to time and play with it.

...and yes, I know that's what she said.

As for what I would like to see in the next Crackdown game:

• More recognizability in the city.  While the city was well-designed, I still get confused on where I'm going sometimes.  GTA III, I believe, has the best city in any open-world game...as I can drive through it without even being awake.  So, give us some more landmarks, give the city some history, and give us a little bit of familiarity while we're running around.  Rooftops CAN look different.
    • More reason to play as other characters.  Sure, we could skin all of our doods up with different looks, but why not just make a create-a-character function at that point?  Instead, offer up something unique:  an open-world game with MULTIPLE DIFFERENT STORYLINES!!!  I know that Brad mentioned a better narrative, but how about we get good little 5-6 hour different narratives between, say, 5-6 different characters?  Show the different perspectives of what is happening in the city.  Moreover, find a way to have the stories impact each other.  If I kill Boss Y in this storyline over here, then that means that X happens over there.  It would be interesting, fresh, new, and give me a REAL reason to play as more than just the standard default skin.
    • DESTRUCTION!!!  Not having fully-destructible environments is understandable:  you want people to be able to scale skyscrapers and shit without worrying about them being taken down.  However, make some of the basic buildings capable of being just completely demolished.  I think using that in a few separate ways would make the game slightly more challenging (as you wouldn't be able to just jump up on a skyscraper and get away from ground enemies)...but it would also mean that you'd have to find new ways to get to missions, certain ability orbs, secret collectibles, etc and whatever.
    • MORE INSANE ACHIEVEMENTS!!!  If you are an achievement whore, THIS is THE franchise for it.  No one does achievements better than Crackdown, as it made them both fun and engrossing to get.  There was a certain trial and error to it, but there was NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING, like jumping from the top of the Agency Tower and getting that vertigo feeling while you try to hit the water in the pond below.  FUCKING AMAZING!!!  We need MORE crazy shit like that.  Fuck completionist shit.  Make that 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. Longer campaign.

2. Competitive multiplayer.

3. LARGER scale.

4. Multiple characters with their pros and cons.

5. 8 player co-op (a little or higher, but defiantly more then 2)

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    floodiastus said:
    "How about SYSTEMLINK ? :) It wasnt even in the first game, my god.
    "
    you good sir are very very wrong 
    Brontes_Muse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By Brontes_Muse

I bet crackdown 2 will be a launch title for the next xbox.  (xbox 720?)

PitifullPete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By PitifullPete

All the things you mentioned. Also I'm not feeling a 100% satisfied with the targeting system. And tell me if there's a weapon on the ground I currently don't have available in my Command Center. That was really a mess since many of them look similar.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By elko84

I'll play Crackdown 2

Avatar image for anthony_galindo
    Anthony_Galindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Anthony_Galindo

I know this is on the fourth page so nobody is going to read it but I would really love to see the agents from the first game fighting criminals with superpowers. Imagine the Crackdown agent versus the guy from Infamous, wouldn't that be awesome? Maybe the game could include two campaigns, one for each side.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MaddProdigy

Can't wait for this. Crackdown one was addicting just watching the character jump over whole buildings firing that 20 rocket gun at tons of gang members. They shouldn't veer too far from the original formula, it was a good game

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pause422

I would love a new Crackdown, I had so much more fun playing Crackdown, that GTAIV couldn't touch by a mile. If they add the obvious improvements to a sequel, it would definitely turn out fucking awesome.

AtomicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By AtomicEdge

I loved the first game, and me and a buddy still have sessions on it from time to time. It's great, and the added content avaiable makes it more fun. Now they just need to get on and make a new game and I think it could be fantastic!

Avatar image for alucardalacarte
    AlucardaLaCarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By AlucardaLaCarte

A melee system would be nice.
    A gattling gun that doesn't need to take five seconds to warm up would also be nice.
    I actually would love to see another Crackdown because it was TONS of fun. Like being a superhero cop.

SAYNTofSYNNERS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SAYNTofSYNNERS

I personally think that if you only own a 360 and you want another CRACKDOWN like experience- you are gonna have to buy a PS3 ,as I think the only game we are gonna see similar to that , is the PS3 exclusive, SUCKER PUNCH made IN-FAMOUS. That game seems like a 95% rip off of CRACKDOWN .
    Though I would love to see a CRACKDOWN 2 . 1 is still 1 of the best games for 360, I actually bought it for it and not the HALO 3 beta

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By WickedCobra03

Bought the first off of ebay after the Halo 3 thing was over because I wanted to play the game but was not going to pay 60 dollars for the Halo3 Beta tax associated with it so I just went ahead and bought it when everyone was getting rid of it and still have not had the time to sit down and play it!

Free2game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Free2game

That doesn't seem very likely now, at least for awhile. Given they have that APB game in full production and the numbers probably back that up more, I mean, because really, most of the people who probably bought Crackdown, bought it for that Halo 3 beta. I don't really get why everyone is ignoring it also, I mean from what I can tell (I never played Crackdown before) most people like the co-op a lot in the game, and APB being an MMO means more than likely that it'll be even more co-op content focused than Crackdown was.

halfameatball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By halfameatball

That would be nice, I really enjoyed the original Crackdown. Though this is only a rumor I can not help but get excited when I hear "New" and "Crackdown" in the same title.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shabs

If my memory serves me correctly, there were news stories that Real-Time Worlds was asked for Crackdown 2, but they had to decline because Microsoft asked too late and they were already into making APB.

I thought Crackdown was a lot of fun, but I don't need another one.  Not every good game needs a sequel.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jayge_
    Shuborno said:
    "If my memory serves me correctly, there were news stories that Real-Time Worlds was asked for Crackdown 2, but they had to decline because Microsoft asked too late and they were already into making APB.

I thought Crackdown was a lot of fun, but I don't need another one.  Not every good game needs a sequel."
    This one does.
    spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By spiredcrescent

i did not like crackdown, but if these improvements you suggested were put into effect i think it would be much  better

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I thought Orb Hunter was really fun, but the demo was the full game.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I also can't wait for InFamous. Sucker Punch and this formula are like the farthest combination!

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By eduardo

I don't know, Brad, that seems a little bit of a stretch. Don't get me wrong, I'd be all over Crackdown 2, but the guy saying he likes it doesn't exactly sound like there is a new one on the way... :)

retreadd68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By retreadd68

wow they definetly didnt drop anything your taking everything they said out of context seriously a person said they wish they had another crack down THAT ISNT NEWS

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#80  Edited By eXists

Loved the first one, hope it's true! Soundtrack was also top-notch!

Kornicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Kornicos

Crackdown was great. I wouldn't say no to Crackdown 2, but APB has caught my interest. As long as APB is not subscription based, I'll be paying attention.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Shabs

@Jayge

I don't think that this game needs a sequel because I'm pleased enough with Real-Time Worlds working on APB.  Rather than recycle and polish Crackdown, I'd rather see them be creative and make something new, which is what they're doing.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Pibo47

To add something, i think the gangs should rob banks and stores and things like that. And you should have to stop them, and stuff like that. Random crimes i guess.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By crunchUK

imagine... if crackdown had a screenshot and replay mode... with a flying cam... *drools*

tevic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By tevic

Crackdown 2 would really be good news, I really liked the first one.

Brad nailed it:
    - Crackdown 1 lacks a storyline to create an emotional link between the player and the city. I actually had the surreal feeling of being a complete stranger to the city, that the whole thing lacked "meaning". I stopped at around 50% of the game because of that.
    - more mission diversity, something else than "kill the bad guys".
    - missions with friendly AI would contribute to flesh out the story
    - Yes, more reasons to drive would be great too !!!

enesrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By enesrules

if there is any one that has posted on this that doesnt have crackdown and has an xbox 360, GO HANG YURSELF!!!

enesrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By enesrules

CRACKDOWN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (and PROTOTYPE)

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By daniel_beck_90

it'd be a great 360 exclusive title

NinjaPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NinjaPaul
    My suggestion would be to have a two sided campaign like halo 2. You could play as the police for 3/4 of it and as a crimelord for the rest. This could encourage more vaired gameplay like driving and also add depth to the story.
    Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Zereta

Well, if you remember, the first Crackdown ended with you finding out that the Agency was actually bad. Crackdown 2 could have you playing as a Rogue Agent with like a group of Rebels fighting in like a 5 way war? The Agency could be an enemy as well and on top of having Enforcers, they could call in other Agents to kick your ass as well?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By penguindust

Crackdown was probably my favorite game of 2007.  I'm not saying I think it was the best game of that year. It's just that for pure overall enjoyment, I can't recall another game that made me as schoolgirl-giddy.  So, I was so disappointed when it was revealed that there was not going to be a sequel anytime soon.  While entertaining on many levels, and excelling far above Crackdown in several aspects, both GTA IV & Saints Row 2 never filled me with as much joy.  There was something about the combination of platforming, exploration, and reckless use of high explosives which made the game so addictive. 

Having said all this, Crackdown is still a game wrought with missed opportunities. If there is going to be a sequel, here are some things I hope the developer addresses...

• Better boss battles.  Each gang boss and sub-boss should be super-powered, too.  Some could be super strong and throw cars, exploding barrels, subordinates, etc...at the player, while others might have powers based on the elements and shoot fire or whip up a tornado in the street spinning vehicles and pedestrians around.  Whatever is decided, each boss should be unique.  However, I am strongly against the "hit the glowy part of the boss to do damage" gameplay.
    • Give us a reason to use cars after we can leap tall buildings in a single bound.  I liked driving cars but usually used them just for crazy stunts as the game progressed.  If I was playing a mission, I just took off on foot, scaled a building, and bounded my way to the appropriate zone.  Maybe, transforming the agency cars into other types of vehicles would address this failing.  Cars that become submarines, boats or can fly to reach new zones would necessitate developing your driving skill.  Also, for co-op, vehicles that can be operated by  both players at once could be cool. One player drives, the other working the flame thrower as they burst into a gang compound.
    • Better character customization.  In addition to being able to choose your sex and uniform style, maybe offering some specialized powers could distinguish your toon from other agents.  Something useful and interesting, like every time you blow up a car, you get boost to your melee damage for a short period of time, or can convert found weapons into sheilds. 
    • Some kind of plot.  While I believe you should be able to attack whichever gang you want, right from the start, maybe over time, clues and story developement would reveal a more subversive tale of who you are and what is really going on.
    • Finally, more destructive enviornments.  Blow a hole in the side of a building, collapse a roof, knock a crane over, etc...the amount of damage you do should really effect the game would for a period of time.

With games like Infamous, Prototype and APB on the horizon, Crackdown 2 would need to focus on all the strengths of the original while addressing many of the concerns cited by its critics.  Above all, it needs to retain the elements that made it so whimsical and different from other sandbox titles.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By crunchUK

UM no you can't give crackdown a story. the entire appeal is "hey you have super powers.. go nuts!!"

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93  Edited By tec3297

Get rid of the art style, I wasn't a fan....

confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By confinedbread
    Haimster said:
    "

They should consider some undercover missions where the cops do not realize you are on thier side. 

"
    Wait, The cops were on my side?

What I'd love to see out of the sequel is an upgraded Melee system. For instance, If you chose to go unarmed, you can have a series of punches and kicks, and maybe even grab and throw live enemies. Or, you could choose to carry around a melee weapon like a sledgehammer or a katana. Also, what good is picking up a street light if I can't use it like a baseball bat.  Another cool addition would be water or air vehicles. Honestly, who doesn't want an agency helicopter?
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By c1337us

If they were to bring out another Crackdown that would be great. I admit to mot finishing the first one because after a point it didnt feel much like you were working towards anything. So an improvement in story is a must for me.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Pibo47
    Media_Master said:
    "I hope it comes out for PS3"
    I know this wouldnt happen....but dude....cross platform coop....ahhh....man that would kick ass....But for the coming to PS3 part...im not sure if it could. I think they own the IP...so it would be impossible...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.