Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

Our Giant Bomb Server Will Be Up Tuesday (16 Player) - Input Here

• 57 results
    HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HoM3R

Its classic comp with 30 rounds and 8 vs 8 nice settings.

Playing on it now trying to get it started, got a ping of 130 coming from Holland but thats ok for CS hope to see some GB EU people on here aswell.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By swoxx

@Redsox44 said:

I have CS:S but have barely played it, doesn't bother me because I won it free. Just bought this yesterday because I'm up for a game with a high skill ceiling and I'm pretty good at all FPS's so I'll be able to adjust. Would love to play with other bombers as long as it doesn't get too competitive.

We're all about having a good time at the PC Gaming Hub, so don't worry about it getting too competitive.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By Branthog

@Swoxx said:

@Redsox44 said:

I have CS:S but have barely played it, doesn't bother me because I won it free. Just bought this yesterday because I'm up for a game with a high skill ceiling and I'm pretty good at all FPS's so I'll be able to adjust. Would love to play with other bombers as long as it doesn't get too competitive.

We're all about having a good time at the PC Gaming Hub, so don't worry about it getting too competitive.

Valve chose the wording poorly. By calling it "competitive", they give the wrong impression. The "competitive" mode is just standard old fashioned CS that everyone has played for a dozen years. Casual is also kind of poorly named, because it's the same as competitive, but usually with more players and a few adjustments. I don't know what they should call it, but something else.

Anyway, a lot of bombers were on my server last night (see the other thread in this forum) and none seemed to have any problem playing with a traditional server (ie, classic competitive 12v12). At the moment, I'm more concerned, actually, with how Valve seems to be forcing custom servers (ie, those not actually operated by Valve and placed into the Quickplay section) to be second-class citizens. (No matchmaking - even though the section in the menu calls it matchmaking, no ranking, etc - basically what you do on valve's servers counts and what you do on community servers is meaningless. At least, until someone writes a third-party global ranking system and tracker that become super popular and over-takes the official Valve one!).

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By ESREVER

How come the GB server is always empty when I check it? I'm starting to get heavy into CS again with my friends, playing lots of competitive matchmaking, which is fine and all. But I miss my CS:S days where I had a fun community server to call home and just run around and shoot dudes in the face and stab people in the back. All while checking out crazy maps I've never been to. That's the biggest thing about matchmaking thats wearing me down, seeing the same maps overandoverandover. I don't like the dust maps (I know, blasphemy coming from a CS vet, but its true), never been a fan of nuke, and the classics maps I do like, such as cs_assault, haven't made a return...yet. (come on as_oilrig! Make a return!) de_Vertigo is the newest map they've added to the rotation, which I've only played once, but I think I like it? Its nigh impossible to get a matchmaking game on it for me... always dust2 and inferno.

Anyway, is the GB Community's interest in CS:GO just dead? Too busy with other games? My fondest gaming memories have been hanging out with people in my favorite community servers. I want to relive that time :<

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By ESREVER

@Rolyatkcinmai: Hey nick, I'm trying to generate interest in the CS:GO GB server, but I can't even connect to it. Is this a build issue or something? I wanted to play a few rounds with scarace and try to get some attention for it, but neither of us can connect to it. I can see it in my server's favorite list though.

Guess that may explain why its empty all the time...

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Branthog

@ESREVER: That's the problem I find with almost every game and every server these days (especially BF3). It's like the games are developed with the specific intention of making it difficult to differentiate one server from another and to generate individual communities. The stop and start nature of early CS:GO updates from Valve that just break the total fuck out of things without explanation or warning to admins (even on the mailing list) hasn't helped much, either.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShockD

Do you plan on launching the server again?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.