Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Reggie Fils-Aime Apparently Thanks Me

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

If I Were 10, This Would Be Awesome

Got home from class today to check my mail and found a giant envelope from Nintendo. Immediately I figured it was something about the club.nintendo promotion. I haven't ordered anything since my copy of the Game and Watch Collection (FYI: It's only 3 games and only worth it if you're a real die-hard fan. Stick with the Animal Crossing Playing Cards), so I didn't have the slightest idea what would be in such an envelope. So, logically, I opened it up and found this:

Reggie Says Thanks!
    Reggie Says Thanks!
       There was also a letter from Reggie, thanking me for being such a big supporter of Nintendo. Apparently I got this because of my large number of product registrations on the My Nintendo account when they transferred it to the Club Nintendo program. So here's the thing, this is actually kinda cool, I think. Yeah the letter is clearly made in case even kids are reading it, and the picture is a little hokey; but, I can't help but smile a little bit. Damn it, I try so hard to be bitter, too!

I've been a fan of Nintendo my whole life. To say that the company has managed to play an important role in my life is putting it rather mildly. So, I don't know, it's just kinda cool to get this. I'm going to have it framed and hang it somewhere around here. Just because.

Anybody else get one of these, maybe? Have any other similar stories to tell? I'd love to hear 'em.

-Make it a good one!
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr
    DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By DrRandle

If I Were 10, This Would Be Awesome

Got home from class today to check my mail and found a giant envelope from Nintendo. Immediately I figured it was something about the club.nintendo promotion. I haven't ordered anything since my copy of the Game and Watch Collection (FYI: It's only 3 games and only worth it if you're a real die-hard fan. Stick with the Animal Crossing Playing Cards), so I didn't have the slightest idea what would be in such an envelope. So, logically, I opened it up and found this:

Reggie Says Thanks!
    Reggie Says Thanks!
       There was also a letter from Reggie, thanking me for being such a big supporter of Nintendo. Apparently I got this because of my large number of product registrations on the My Nintendo account when they transferred it to the Club Nintendo program. So here's the thing, this is actually kinda cool, I think. Yeah the letter is clearly made in case even kids are reading it, and the picture is a little hokey; but, I can't help but smile a little bit. Damn it, I try so hard to be bitter, too!

I've been a fan of Nintendo my whole life. To say that the company has managed to play an important role in my life is putting it rather mildly. So, I don't know, it's just kinda cool to get this. I'm going to have it framed and hang it somewhere around here. Just because.

Anybody else get one of these, maybe? Have any other similar stories to tell? I'd love to hear 'em.

-Make it a good one!
    Randy "Dr. Randle" Marr
    TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Hey, that's nice. I don't see Microsoft or Sony doing this.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 50

#3  Edited By strangeling

I really need to transfer to/sign up for Club Nintendo.

Sony did some cool stuff like this when they first started the Underground.  I've heard they're not doing so well nowadays with the fans in whatever their new deal is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.