Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Platinum Members Go Glove To Glove With Doc Louis

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    Nintendo of America's Club Nintendo is announcing the "Elite Status" rewards for those with Gold or Platinum Member status. If you didn't know already, those who earn a certain amount of coins become eligible for Platinum and Gold membership levels, and in turn can redeem exclusive rewards.

The system has worked pretty well in Japan, with members receiving limited edition games and hardware. So what can Nintendo fans in the states expect from such a reward scheme?, well how about taking on coach Doc Louis in PunchOut!! Wii...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    ..so that's, the gold reward :?

The Doc Louis download will be available from November 1st

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Kotaku

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

I just got my email from Nintendo. 

I'm super bummed that I can't get both the Hat and the Doc Louis download, as I can't decide what i want more... but i do feel that the Hat has more of a collectors value to it, I guess. 

Heck, they should just give Platinum Members all 3 rewards :p 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By apathylad

What I found silly is that Platinum users cannot get the Gold Reward as well as a Platinum gift. I suppose I'll go with the Mario Hat, as it's something physical.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Those caps can be bought in the Nintendo World Store, or at least they were available. If I were you I would opt for the download, I reckon it's pretty neat.

I wonder what the Doc says to you as you knock him about.. I bet he still has a chocolate bar with him.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Dalai

For the Platinum people, that's pretty awesome.  As for me and my Gold prize... really?  I'm so down on Club Nintendo at this point.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

Pics added.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.