Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Club Nintendo to Give Away "Special Reward" To Elite Members

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

Reach for the Gold

by Randy Marr

Not as good as I wanted. Save your coins.
       Members of the "Club Nintendo" service have until June 30, 2009 to claim as many coins as they can in order to reach Gold or Platinum service. Doing so will make them eligible for a special reward. To earn a Gold status you need 300 coins and to earn Platinum you need 600. Coins can be earned by registering your games and consoles on the Club Nintendo website, and additional coins can be earned by filling out little questionnaires about the games.

If you are eligible as of June 30 you can visit the Club Nintendo website to get more information on the special reward. Once they've been announced, time will be limited to claim them.

Has anybody spent their coins on anything nifty, or are you just hoarding them up? What do you hope the special gifts will be? I'm personally hoping for that Wario colored Gamecube controller the Japanese got, though I suppose the timing would be off. Still, that thing would be sweet for a Wario fanatic such as myself. Or the Super Famicon (obviously going to be Super Nintendo) controller for Virtual Console games.
    DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By DrRandle

Reach for the Gold

by Randy Marr

Members of the "Club Nintendo" service have until June 30, 2009 to claim as many coins as they can in order to reach Gold or Platinum service. Doing so will make them eligible for a special reward. To earn a Gold status you need 300 coins and to earn Platinum you need 600. Coins can be earned by registering your games and consoles on the Club Nintendo website, and additional coins can be earned by filling out little questionnaires about the games.

If you are eligible as of June 30 you can visit the Club Nintendo website to get more information on the special reward. Once they've been announced, time will be limited to claim them.

Has anybody spent their coins on anything nifty, or are you just hoarding them up? What do you hope the special gifts will be? I'm personally hoping for that Wario colored Gamecube controller the Japanese got, though I suppose the timing would be off. Still, that thing would be sweet for a Wario fanatic such as myself. Or the Super Famicon (obviously going to be Super Nintendo) controller for Virtual Console games.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.