Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Club Nintendo

Concept »

A service allowing consumers to obtain limited edition items with points accumulated through purchase of Nintendo products. Several titles have been released exclusively for this purpose. The program was discontinued in September 2015.

Club Nintendo ending reminder

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey, just a reminder, the cutoff for earning any more Club Nintendo coins is March 31. However, to complete post-play surveys, the game must be registered for 7 days, meaning if you have any games left to register, you should register them today, or tomorrow at the latest (sometimes the Club Nintendo site doesn't recognize you registered a digital game until midnight or something, so it starts the 7-day count from then, it's weird).

You can spend the coins up until the end of June, but March 31 is the last day you can actually gain coins in any way. So register your stuff very soon if you haven't already.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Finally got myself to Platinum a couple days ago. Hopefully the Plat games are a solid selection.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Thanks, this prompted me to check the european site and they've actually added some games for the first time. They are really expensive though, they've got Pushmo for 3400 stars which is like 13 games or 3 consoles. I'll probably get Punch Out since that's all I can afford.

Also, what's up with Nintendo only selling GBA games on the Wii U? It's super annoying, the only handheld generation I missed is the GBA and now I can't play any on my handheld.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the heads up, I think I've grabbed everything that I wanted and still have leftover coins and unregistered games to boot. Now I"m just contemplating if it's worth it to grab some N64 games in hopes that they're going to introduce them to the Wii U and offer upgrade prices like they did with SNES.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@49th said:

Thanks, this prompted me to check the european site and they've actually added some games for the first time. They are really expensive though, they've got Pushmo for 3400 stars which is like 13 games or 3 consoles. I'll probably get Punch Out since that's all I can afford.

Also, what's up with Nintendo only selling GBA games on the Wii U? It's super annoying, the only handheld generation I missed is the GBA and now I can't play any on my handheld.

Word on the street is that the 3DS (original, no idea about New 3DS) can't actually emulate GBA games, and the only way those Ambassador games ran is by some hacked together method that used the miniaturized DS chip in the 3DS, which itself contains miniaturized GBA hardware which is how the DS ran GBA games. So the Ambassador games technically ran, but didn't have any of the other Virtual Console features like save states and suspend that other 3DS Virtual Console games have.

It seems like the 3DS can only confidently emulate NES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, that era of tech. Super Nintendo/GBA doesn't seem like it's going to happen on 3DS.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

@bisonhero: Thanks for posting this, my post gameplay surveys came in today just in time.

Now I have 1500 coins and no idea what to get...

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The AU/NZ site added 2 soundtracks and a T-shirt to their already minimal offerings. Still no games, but there are plenty of Notebooks and Wii-mote stands if that's your thing!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I have 950 stars and unable to get anything except Alleyway or some panorama apps for WiiU. I'll accept free EU stars ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.