Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chrono Cross

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 18, 1999

The sequel to the classic Super Nintendo RPG, Chrono Cross expanded the franchise to alternate universes, adopted a turn-based combat system, and had dozens of playable characters.

Chrono Cross, Ps3 backwards compatibility problem?

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By zhinse

i havent finished this game yet but every time i try to Fight Polly on the 'ghost ship' the game freezes when i use a certain Technique (X-strike) The game's music also seems to slow down at some points during the battle. I have the full backwards compatable ps3 ( 60 gig). Anyone else who played this game on the ps3 had trouble simular?

GabeCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GabeCube

Yeah, actually, I just plodded through the entire game on a New Game + facing this bug dozens of times. It happens on SEVERAL boss battles, some regular enemy battles and sometimes even when one of your allies casts a spell.

I emailed Sony, asking not for a fix for the emulator necessarily, but just for them to acknowledge the bug on the Compatibility List... and their responses were pathetic at best.

You are better off trying to transfer the save to a PSOne/PS2, if you can. I managed to dodge this by changing the camera mode (it seems the bug is triggered by casting of certain spells on certain battles with certain camera angles... but once I managed to get to the last boss, EVERY spell he uses makes the game hang like this. And since he doesn't even have physical attacks, you are pretty much screwed.

GabeCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GabeCube
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

I didn't play the game, but yeah, the best you can do right now is let Sony know (even that is probably not gonna do much good).

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hexpane
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.